Levon Helm

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread brings back memories of one of the best concerts I ever went to, The Love for Levon Benefit at the Izod Center at the Meadowlands.

In addition to the house band, all of these musicians performed:

Roger Waters, Garth Hudson, My Morning Jacket, John Mayer, Joe Walsh, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Gregg Allman, Bruce Hornsby, Ray LaMontagne, John Hiatt, Grace Potter, Warren Haynes, Lucinda Williams, Mavis Staples, Allen Toussaint, David Bromberg, Robert Randolph, John Prine, Jorma Kaukonen, Marc Cohn, Jakob Dylan, Mike Gordon, Joan Osborne, Jai Johanny Johanson, Jon Randall, Matt Burr, Barry Mitterhoff, Jessi Alexander, Steve Jordan, Shawn Pelton, Rami Jaffee and G.E. Smith[

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was a big disciple of Catfish Collins (Bootsy's brother) when I used to play. Neither of them is drum- or singing- related _acutely_ but I had this on repeat in the 19th century. 2 drummers in perfect sync before it was a thing with Oh Sees, Melvins, etc. (And yes I am aware of 'Funky Drummer'):

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that said I do love thee Oh Sees and they stop by Empty Bottle and/or Thalia every October or so

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that said I do love thee Oh Sees and they stop by Empty Bottle and/or Thalia every October or so

That's neat. My bday is in October and I know where empty bottle is, but never seem them yet.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Last edited: