Lightfoot wants to block Bears from the use of the name 'Chicago'

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They can call themselves the Boston Bears or Atlanta Bears if they want to.

There are "New York Pizza" places and "California Kitchens" and "Chicago Dog" places all over. And, of course, multiple examples in the NFL as pointed out repeatedly.

She's a nut job. She's desperate because there is no real, valid reason for the Bears to remain in the city of Chicago.

Maybe the city should have not taken them for granted for half a century.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They can call themselves the Boston Bears or Atlanta Bears if they want to.

There are "New York Pizza" places and "California Kitchens" and "Chicago Dog" places all over. And, of course, multiple examples in the NFL as pointed out repeatedly.

She's a nut job. She's desperate because there is no real, valid reason for the Bears to remain in the city of Chicago.

Maybe the city should have not taken them for granted for half a century.

The NFL rule is you must be within a 75 mile radius but as corrupt as the City of Chicago politicians are I wouldn't be surprised to see some tomfoolery.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck her and good luck. Won't matter after the next election. The Bears are in the Chicago metro area and have already service marked the name 'Chicago Bears' as an asset.

Imagine being the 3rd largest city without an NFL team, LOL. Maybe call themselves the UnChicagoed Bears.

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuck her. Won't matter after the next election. The Bear are in the Chicago metro area.

Imagine being the 3rd largest city without an NFL team, LOL. Maybe call themselves the UnChicagoed Bears.

They have been rumored to be in talks with the Jaguars to move to the City of Chicago.

Chicago Jaguars
Arlington Heights Bears

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They have been rumored to be in talks with the Jaguars to move to the City of Chicago.

Chicago Jaguars
Arlington Heights Bears

The only thing more pointless than spending money on presentations trying to sell a second remodel to the awful Soldier Field would be spending on a 2nd team in Chicago.

Are politicians so out of touch that they think fans would dump their allegiance to a team they have followed their whole life because another team is ten minutes closer to them? And, of course, that would only apply to fans from certain areas.

Am I supposed to dump my team because they moved outside the city limits?

But what if Jaguars players live in the suburbs? The horror!

This is just such a glaring example of politicians having zero clue how people think.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mayor Lightfoot: "Homelessness, gun violence, drugs, what shold I spend my time campaigning about, I know I will try and stop the Bears from using Chicago in their name. That will really address the concerns of the people."

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's one thing to be polling behind Chuy. But she's behind Paul Vallas, who has run for every position in the city for the last 20 years, and she's also behind some guy named Brandon who is bought and paid for by the CTU.

Her political capital is next to nothing. She is not going to have any say in things once the Bears actually make their move.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The NFL rule is you must be within a 75 mile radius but as corrupt as the City of Chicago politicians are I wouldn't be surprised to see some tomfoolery.
City of Chicago politicians do not deal in tomfoolery. At minimum, they would deal in shenanigans, if not out and out cement shoes.

equests-organised_crime-hits-mobsters-mlyn2803_low.jpg

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's one thing to be polling behind Chuy. But she's behind Paul Vallas, who has run for every position in the city for the last 20 years, and she's also behind some guy named Brandon who is bought and paid for by the CTU.

Her political capital is next to nothing. She is not going to have any say in things once the Bears actually make their move.
I wonder if she will return to her home planet if she is not re-elected.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The Bears have final say on any team moving into their market. And if there was a 2nd team, they would have to play in Arlington along with the Bears

2nd team isn't happening in Soldier Field
That is exactly what I was thinking, if Chicago had a second team, they would be wise to play in a brand new stadium that was not controlled by the City.

She is desperate and clueless and her legacy is going to be that she drove away the Chicago Bears, because she was going to make the Chicago Bears "live up to their lease".

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It will never happen but the Bears could always go the Patriots or Panthers route and use the name of the region… Great Lakes Bears… or the Cardinals and hockey Panthers and Coyotes route and become the Illinois Bears.