Lilly's Return to Chi, Doubtful....

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Former Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly has just listed his six-bedroom, nearly 5,500-square-foot mansion just west of Wrigley Field for $2.4 million.

Lilly, 34, was traded by the Cubs to the Los Angeles Dodgers in late July.

Built in 2006, Lilly's brick and limestone home sits on a corner lot and has six bedrooms, 4 1/2 baths, a wine cellar, a wide limestone center entrance, a large gourmet kitchen, two roof decks, an attached 2.5-car heated garage and a private rear yard. He paid $2.15 million to purchase the home in early 2007.

Although Lilly informally is trying to sell the 13-room house, it is not yet in the real estate multiple listing service. However, information about the listing appears on the Web site of real-estate agency d'aprile realty.

In a brief interview, Ryan D'Aprile of d'aprile realty confirmed that Lilly's house is for sale, but declined to comment on it, saying that the pitcher is trying to keep the listing confidential

Ex-Cub Lilly lists Wrigleyville mansion for $2.4M - Chicago Breaking Sports

I'm not surprise because I expect Lilly to stay with LA and I think Lilly knows that too. They probably have been talking and LA FO and Lilly, seem they will have a deal before FA starts. I'm not mad because they are getting younger and we could see JJ, AC or CA in the rotation next year. Also, it will save money.

Thoughts?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'll buy his mansion...

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The delay could stretch into free agency, and already could be hampering the Dodgers’ efforts to re-sign left-hander Ted Lilly. “I think the Dodgers are interested in signing Ted back. Ted has interest in signing back,” said Lilly’s agent, Larry O’Brien of Full Circle Sports Management. “I’m just not sure the Dodgers at this point are going to get to a range that will be very easy for us to achieve come December. I’m pretty confident that there’s a minimum three-year deal out there for Ted.” Lilly, 34, is a combined 9-12 with a 3.71 ERA for the Cubs and Dodgers this season. He is scheduled to pitch the Dodgers’ season finale on Sunday, increasing his total of 186 2/3 innings. — Fox Sports

Interesting....I still think it is very doubtful the Cubs sign him but I thought I would past this along.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I don't think there is any reason to obsess over Lilly anymore. But "news" is "news" so, thanks for the update.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
This has been known for like 2 months, Waldo.

No it hasn't. Like 2 weeks ago or so, the Dodgers said they want to keep Lilly and they want him in there plans for next year. But, ownership in the shit for them, won't make it happen.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dodgers should worry about the divorce instead of Lilly.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They should just get sold so they don't have to deal with ownership issues all the time. It would be a transition phase, but probably not as long as a divorce dispute.