Linebackers

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think so too, unfortunately. I'm guessing they go DL, LB then maybe OL with the 1st 3 picks. I don't think they'll draft a high end #1 receiver prospect which is what they so badly need (in addition to about 17 other positions that need filled).
They have enough money to easily sign 4 top level FA on DL/OL combined, and have plenty left over to fill other holes. Obviously that supposes such players will be available and want to sign with Chicago, but I think draft targets will emerge more clearly after free agency.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
They have enough money to easily sign 4 top level FA on DL/OL combined, and have plenty left over to fill other holes. Obviously that supposes such players will be available and want to sign with Chicago, but I think draft targets will emerge more clearly after free agency.
I really, really hope that's the case. I want a #1 WR prospect so badly. I worry solely because the Bears have a defensive minded HC that they'll use the high picks on defense again first when the offense needs so much attention.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I really, really hope that's the case. I want a #1 WR prospect so badly. I worry solely because the Bears have a defensive minded HC that they'll use the high picks on defense again first when the offense needs so much attention.
I would 100% prefer a dominant 3T or EDGE to a dominant WR, especially with no plus starters on the DL currently and two good young WRs. But there are resources to have it all if everything turns out and Poles is wise.

Definitely a better chance to fix the lines than get a stud WR in free agency.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assuming Chase works out, they could 100 get by with him and mooney for a year., + one year rentals. absolutely need at least a 3T and Edge

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless Poles can make A trade for DL or pick up FA

Washington and Indy?
Maybe. I just get the feeling DT is top priority and we made a new holes at LB and DE too.

A defensive HC will want his guys. Couple that with an OC who at the moment seems to prefer "run heavy."

napo55

Liked Posts:
Seems like there is ALWAYS a reason why the Bears should defer drafting a WR with their first pick. It takes time for the rookie WR (in most cases) to fully adapt, so putting it off just kicks the can down the road for Justin Fields to excell.

If they can fill defensive needs in free agency with all that cap space, maybe 2023 will be the year to finally pull the trigger on an outstanding prospect to be their No. 1 WR.

jive

Liked Posts:
Will - Morrow - Mike - Sanborn - SAM - Klein

CHAMPIONSHIP

And most importantly, don't draft any of their replacements in the 1st round.
Unless it's a generational talent like Urlacher

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Unless it's a generational talent like Urlacher
Yeah, there are exceptions for can't miss, generational talents.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Do you move morrow to WLB? And the great white hope to MLB?
Yes, that's what I would do. Joe Thomas and AJ Klein have no future. See if Morrow is worthy of a new deal. See if Sanborn can handle starting reps.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say that their defense needs about as much or more with the subtraction of Quinn and Smith and the addition of Claypool. I do think that they will use the draft for DL, TE and ST spots and free agency for the OL, LB and WR positions.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd say that their defense needs about as much or more with the subtraction of Quinn and Smith and the addition of Claypool. I do think that they will use the draft for DL, TE and ST spots and free agency for the OL, LB and WR positions.
Lol ewww. I agree drafting an elite DL is fine but the rest of your shit is backwards. Cheap contracts like TE and special teams in draft? Expensive contracts like good OL and WR in free agency? Makes sense if it's opposite day I guess.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol ewww. I agree drafting an elite DL is fine but the rest of your shit is backwards. Cheap contracts like TE and special teams in draft? Expensive contracts like good OL and WR in free agency? Makes sense if it's opposite day I guess.

It's pretty obvious HeHateMe that @The Hawk was hit too many times in the head by a wooden dildo.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
First two picks in the draft 3T and DE. OL in free agency.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Maybe. I just get the feeling DT is top priority and we made a new holes at LB and DE too.

A defensive HC will want his guys. Couple that with an OC who at the moment seems to prefer "run heavy."
Nothing wrong with run heavy and build from there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Klein is a slb and is like 31

He can and has played all 3 spots in his career. Had 4.66 speed when he came out and was good in zone coverage so suspect they will play him at Mike or SAM unless Sanborn or Weatherford are considered ready.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He can and has played all 3 spots in his career. Had 4.66 speed when he came out and was good in zone coverage so suspect they will play him at Mike or SAM unless Sanborn or Weatherford are considered ready.
Weatehrford can't play Mike, he's basically a safety/LB hybrid.

I think if anything they're developing him for Will or a role like Cruikshank's .

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree. You can look at every game where Morrow is paired against the running back in the flat. Morrow was consistently sinking into the same area as Roquan, making him late to the running back.

That is unless you think there should be 2 linebackers on the weak side. Remember, Roquan is the off-ball linebacker, not Morrow. Morrow shouldn't be there.

In a 4-3 they are all off the ball LBs because they do not pass rush the majority of the time. That is contrasted with OLBs in a 3-4 whose primary responsibility is to rush the passer so they are considered edge players along with 4-3 DEs. By contrast 3-4 DEs are considered Interior Defensive Lineman as they are typically blocked by a guard since the Tackles have to block the pass rusher 3-4 OLBs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weatehrford can't play Mike, he's basically a safety/LB hybrid.

I think if anything they're developing him for Will or a role like Cruikshank's .

I meant ready for Will in which case Morrow can stay at Mike and Klein can play SAM.

Hargrave, Payne, Conklin and Jenkins should be the targets. That would open up the draft to really go BPA within reason.