Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Once Watson said "I'm gonna be like Jordan and make every team pay for not drafting me" I thought to myself...
The Bears should draft that guy if they want a QB.

But I wanted Jamal Adams

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
9qk0vv0m0qn61.jpg
How is that different from the meatball poll from the same timeframe? Many agreed, if you listened to the pundits/experts pre and post draft. TBT I wanted to slice my wrists when they didn't chose Watson. PM was way too much of the Cutler profile so I understand why Pace didn't go there. But Watson, they didn't ever do a visit. Maybe they knew about his proclivities with massage personnel.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Mel Kiper is the same guy who got Jamarcus Russell's bust ready for Canton prior to the 2007 Draft. Also, none of those lists come from current or former GM's, scouts, or another NFL executives. They may as well have asked some rando from the street or some of the idiots and weirdos from this board for their QB lists.

Ryan Pace was a scout at one point in New Orleans, any GM who goes off of the mock drafts of media personalities doesn't deserve their job. What is the point of having a scouting department then?

Also, Deshaun Watson had 38 games worth of experience in college, had 2 back-to-back 4,000 yard seasons, was a Heisman finalist, and hung 420 yards on Alabama in the National Championship Game when they were the best defense in college football at the time. Dude fell to the 12th pick because he was black plain and simple.

All Trubisky had was a great touchdown to interception ratio, but there are TONS of college QBs with that stat because there are too many terrible defenses in college and defenses in college are not complex especially when you only had 1 year as a starter. If touchdown to interception ratio was all that matter, then Colt Brennan would have become the greatest QB of all-time due to his college stats. But Colt Brennan and Hawaii had weak competition.

QBs need to be evaluated by competition and experience. How many different schemes did Trubisky see in college with less than 20 games? In Trubisky's one lil measly season, he lost to big programs such as Georgia, Stanford, and Virginia Tech. They even lost to Duke that year. Watson was also in the same conference as Trubisky, albeit in different divisions. But the fact that a dude can go as the first QB in the draft and not even be the best QB in his own conference because some snot nose dudes on ESPN put him high in a mock draft

just demonstrates that what they do at the college level doesn't necessarily mean it will translate to the NFL. I said they play inferior defenses in college. even if Trubisky were a more experienced player that flashed like Watson the Bears still would've ruined him. or Watson. or Mahomes. I'll say again for all those that defended the trade up for Trubisky in 2017 "derp, Ryan Pace was getting his guy!" I thought the trade up was stupid then before seeing Trubisky play a snap, thought the Glennon signing was absurd, and still think the trade up was stupid, the Glennon signing was absurd, the Foles trade was absurd, and the Dalton signing is absurd.

this GM and this team could ruin present day Watson or Wilson too. @Anytime23 has the right idea going in on the Chiefs, even though they got BTFO hard in the Super Bowl. I think you all need to concentrate on how the Bears are going to shore up the offensive line. the last Super Bowl, you know, it's a great example.