Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looking back at arm talent in the draft, accuracy often came up as being Jones' forte' but does it count if you can't make all the throws like the one in this vid? Use the entire field and routes and you have Wilson and Fields as the best throwers with Lawrence a close 3rd. Reads? Jones is probably 1st, Fields 2nd, with Lawrence and Wilson 3rd. Pocket presence is Jones then the other 3. Throwing off platform? Wilson and Fields followed by Lawrence and then Jones simply due to how much more limited the field gets for him.
Is that true? Been so long, so i cant remember. I just remember the feeling of dread every time the ball was in the air.
Couldn't throw a short lob over the line to save his life. He may have had the fastest release in the league but he couldn't slow arm it at all.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
5 yards shorter but.
Can't say he doesn't look a little weird doing it. Thing about Fields is that deep hits were common.

Mitch is at the 50. The nearest defender is at the 42. So he has 7 yards of space to throw that ball. Fields throw was while sliding away from the pass rush. Still a good throw by Mitch but easy to make good throws when you are 7 yards away from nearest defender.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch is at the 50. The nearest defender is at the 42. So he has 7 yards of space to throw that ball. Fields throw was while sliding away from the pass rush. Still a good throw by Mitch but easy to make good throws when you are 7 yards away from nearest defender.
I guess he's better than, LOL.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitchell Trubisky could never ever in a million bazillion years make a play like this. Can't wait for him to start this season it's going to be LIT.

Not really a perfect throw. He could've lead the receiver more as it's a bit behind him. Nitpicking, sure, but how open a WR is gets smaller in the NFL.

Call me a wet blanket, but I've seen more impressive throws by JF in other highlights. A pass like that might get knocked down or intercepted by a pro CB.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
5 yards shorter but.
Can't say he doesn't look a little weird doing it. Thing about Fields is that deep hits were common.

This was before deer in headlights Mitch decided it was a good idea to bow out of bounds a yard short of the sticks on a scramble like a puss on a critical 3rd down.

Glad I won’t have to worry about seeing that again.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Balls to the wall

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was before deer in headlights Mitch decided it was a good idea to bow out of bounds a yard short of the sticks on a scramble like a puss on a critical 3rd down.

Glad I won’t have to worry about seeing that again.
That was his last game with the Bear.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Not really a perfect throw. He could've lead the receiver more as it's a bit behind him. Nitpicking, sure, but how open a WR is gets smaller in the NFL.

Call me a wet blanket, but I've seen more impressive throws by JF in other highlights. A pass like that might get knocked down or intercepted by a pro CB.
You're right, a receiver has never had to reach back for a football in the history of the NFL.

The point is that he scanned the field, stood in the pocket, sidestepped and threw a beautiful pass 50 yards going across his body with messed up ribs.

It's very impressive.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think I am catching Fieldings

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
10 year franchise QB boyz

The fact that he always keeps a solid throwing base, even when sliding up inside/moving outside the pocket, is something that is hard to teach... and it's even harder to make it stick with some QBs.