Looking@Jags starting skill pos.players-are they better than Bears?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd like to think our skill guys are better then the Jags. Trubisky and Bortles are probably even at this point and maybe give Bortles a slight edge. I'd say Howard/Fournette are even but I guess you could make the argument for Fournette. Our WRs and TEs blow theirs out of the water.

They are in a much easier division. Having 2 legit SB contenders in the NFC North is tough.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Robinson couldn't get away from Bortles fast enough.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think their defense is the main reason they're considered Superbowl contenders. It's sick.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
jags have about a 2yr window before their defense starts crumbling. After this season they have some tough cuts to make...

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Best pair of corners in the league for sure...

I was gonna say. Jags secondary > Bears secondary and (right now) Jags front 7 > Bears front 7 but only scheme-wise and familiarity factor. Talent-wise maybe on par.

I like the Bears' chances in a matchup, any match-up in the NFL really, and it's been a long time since I felt I could say that. A great offseason. Go Bears!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If the Bears D ends up top 5, they'll have a good chance to make the playoffs. Last year 2 of the final four QBs were Bortles and Keenum. The Eagles were able to finish it off with Nick Foles driving the bus. Three of those teams had tremendous defenses and obviously the Pats have Brady.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Rams up there too, but I'd probably give them a slight edge yeah.

I pushed the Jags duo in front because they're both young and neither of them are psychopaths.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not a fan of these corners with attitude problems. I think Fuller and Prince will be silent assassins out there. I hope teams take notice.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I pushed the Jags duo in front because they're both young and neither of them are psychopaths.

I would probably rank the four starters on these two teams

Peters
Ramsey
Bouye
Talib

But Peters and Ramsey are close.

Have you heard the shit coming out of Ramsey's mouth lately?

No, what did he say?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of these corners with attitude problems. I think Fuller and Prince will be silent assassins out there. I hope teams take notice.

I think you're verging on homer territory here. Our corners are at best an average pair.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I think our defense will rank pretty solidly in the top 5, and I'd say 3rd best behind the Rams and Jags.

The Bears secondary is really underrated, and that was with an average at best pass rush (bear in mind, pass rush =/= sacks. Bears had a lot of sacks, but they were below average in terms of QB pressures overall). Love the Amos/Jackson tandem at safety and Prince + Fuller can do damage. Only thing I'm concerned about there is depth.

There's no getting around it. Adding Khalil Mack will make any defense infinitely better and the Bears were expected to have a top third defense this season prior to the acquisition of Mack. His addition means more overall production across the board. He's a massive upgrade in terms of pass rushing, both in pressures and sacks, and in terms of run defense.

Also been mentioned, but him and Floyd complement eachother damn near perfectly.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If the Bears D ends up top 5, they'll have a good chance to make the playoffs. Last year 2 of the final four QBs were Bortles and Keenum. The Eagles were able to finish it off with Nick Foles driving the bus. Three of those teams had tremendous defenses and obviously the Pats have Brady.

Yeah, but Keenum and Foles were also playing out of their minds. It's not like they were some schlubs being completely carried by the D.