Lots of reasons to hate on Rose, but Melo ain't one of them!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
So you're saying Rose is smart enough to know that he needs help but he's not smart enough to figure out what other teams are offering Minnesota in trade?

Figuring out what other teams are offering is not his job. That's Gar/Pax's job. What's I am saying is Rose would prefer to win as the man who gets most of the credit. He definitely doesn't want Chicago showing more love to an outsider.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Its funny how people defend one player
ku-medium_zps59ac9925.gif

^^^^^^^^Your sig.

and don't look at the reason WHY Kobe wasn't able to make the meeting with Carmelo.
You never care about the "reason WHY" when it comes to Rose.

Kobe then insisted that he get the chance to talk to Carmelo before he made a decision.
Kobe gets praise from you for not "publicly" talking to Melo, but Rose is still criticized by you even after he did "publicly" talk to Melo. Hypocritical much?

By the way, I thought you said that you were gonna ignore my posts....LOL.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Can you clarify the last sentence?

few months ago there was a article that Noah was recruiting Melo and i seen this

Sources said Noah has been in Anthony’s ear as often as possible, and he has told other Bulls to push hard for Anthony this summer. But there is one condition: Backup big man Taj Gibson can’t be sacrificed.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/bask...-recruiting-carmelo-anthony.html#.U7muwrFaZZZ

i dont see any reason for the front office to cut off a possible way to get Melo by bringing Taj

Liked Posts:
few months ago there was a article that Noah was recruiting Melo and i seen this

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/bask...-recruiting-carmelo-anthony.html#.U7muwrFaZZZ

i dont see any reason for the front office to cut off a possible way to get Melo by bringing Taj

Do you think there are factions on the Bulls? Maybe Rose wants Love and Noah and Taj want Carmelo?

It's funny how 4 years ago, one of the rationales given for Rose not wanting to recruit was not wanting to disrespect teammates. Four years later, Rose is lobbying for his workout buddy at the expense of Taj. So much for being respectful of his teammates. But maybe it makes sense Rose sees Love as more of a teammate than Taj because he has probably spent more time playing in the summer over the past couple of years than he has with the Bulls.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Do you think there are factions on the Bulls? Maybe Rose wants Love and Noah and Taj want Carmelo?
Nope and nope. Everyone in the organization is on the same page.

It's funny how 4 years ago, one of the rationales given for Rose not wanting to recruit was not wanting to disrespect teammates. Four years later, Rose is lobbying for his workout buddy at the expense of Taj. So much for being respectful of his teammates. But maybe it makes sense Rose sees Love as more of a teammate than Taj because he has probably spent more time playing in the summer over the past couple of years than he has with the Bulls.
Players tend to be in cliques with the players from their draft class or close to their draft class. Show me the quotes by Rose saying that he wants Kevin Love on the team.

With that said, make up your mind. Do you want Rose to protect his teammates by not "publicly" recruiting or do you want him to be cutthroat by "publicly" recruiting other players?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Since no one can confirm the level of Rose's involvement, it is a waste of emotion to lash out at Rose for not getting a free agent. Especially if we can't compete with money. Unlike 2010, we have no full boats to offer.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Kobe's best friend in the NBA is Carmelo Anthony, Melo is the only player that Kobe follows on twitter, Kobe has been talking to Melo for years. In other words this has nothing to do with Kobe "recruiting", but more to do with the fact Kobe has always been close with Melo and nothing D. Rose did would have made any difference. So many witch hunters scraping for anything to recruit more people to hate the best player the Bulls have had since MJ/Pip.

Its truly idiotic, just like the title of this thread.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Kobe's best friend in the NBA is Carmelo Anthony, Melo is the only player that Kobe follows on twitter, Kobe has been talking to Melo for years. In other words this has nothing to do with Kobe "recruiting", but more to do with the fact Kobe has always been close with Melo and nothing D. Rose did would have made any difference. So many witch hunters scraping for anything to recruit more people to hate the best player the Bulls have had since MJ/Pip.

Its truly idiotic, just like the title of this thread.

Kobe recruited Howard if I am not mistaken...and used to follow Howard on twitter.

proton

Liked Posts:
30% of your cap spent on a guy who has only played 50 games in 3 years. By any objective measure this is a horrible way to conduct business. I'm the first to admit I was spoiled by the durability and fan engagement of Jordan. When they stick a microphone in front of Rose he can barely spit out a coherent sentence meanwhile his brother takes every opportunity to bash GarPax for not signing another top tier free agent. Rose needs to tell his brother to STFU.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
30% of your cap spent on a guy who has only played 50 games in 3 years. By any objective measure this is a horrible way to conduct business. I'm the first to admit I was spoiled by the durability and fan engagement of Jordan. When they stick a microphone in front of Rose he can barely spit out a coherent sentence meanwhile his brother takes every opportunity to bash GarPax for not signing another top tier free agent. Rose needs to tell his brother to STFU.

Yeah because when the Bulls front office gave him that contract they knew he was going to have 2 season ending knee injuries...No, he was just finishing a season where he was the youngest MVP in NBA history...That's bad business right?

I bet you were loving Rose then right? How quickly people forget...

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Kobe recruited Howard if I am not mistaken...and used to follow Howard on twitter.
Jeez man. Just stop it.

Dwight was traded, against his wishes, to LA mid-season and left at the end of that season.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Dwight wanted to go to Brooklyn...LA was on his "list" but i dont think he wanted to go there really

and Kobe did the opposite of recruiting....he basically ran Dwight out of town

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
You cannot restructure in the NBA. Once the contracts are signed, theyre final.

But it doesnt matter if theres nothing Rose could have done. Its called trying and it seems like Rose doesnt want to. He would rather be known as the guy who doesnt want to ask for help, despite that being the way things are getting done now. Kobe is a 5x champion, one of the most internationally recognized athletes in the world. Hes his own brand. The guy never cared what people thought. When things got tough in LA, he wanted out. Now hes asking for help.

Quick question if you or anyone would be so kind:

How long have NBA contracts been guaranteed?. That's ridiculous, if both parties wish to change an agreement they should be allowed to do so.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

How long have NBA contracts been guaranteed?. That's ridiculous, if both parties wish to change an agreement they should be allowed to do so.

Not sure. A good question to ask @LarryCoon if you have twitter. Im sure Google has the answer.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

nba contracts are fully guaranteed unless you add in a player option, team option, opt out or make whatever year partly guaranteed

theres no restructuring

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/dwight-howard-kobe-bryant-twitter

You stop it. When they were tryinig to get him to re-sign with the team...Kobe sat in the meetings with the owners and coaches to talk to Howard about signing with them in the future. After he left, Kobe no longer followed him on Twitter. The "if I am not mistaken" part must have totally missed you. You are one of the reasons this forum is going to the birds

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/dwight-howard-kobe-bryant-twitter

You stop it. When they were tryinig to get him to re-sign with the team...Kobe sat in the meetings with the owners and coaches to talk to Howard about signing with them in the future. After he left, Kobe no longer followed him on Twitter. The "if I am not mistaken" part must have totally missed you. You are one of the reasons this forum is going to the birds

oh yeah he did try to get him to stay

but by that point Dwight was ready to get the hell out of there because he had enough of kobes lip

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

So you are saying that the Bulls made a stupid decision back then to give Rose a max contract? He was young and healthy for cripes sake. Unless they were offered a "Sbyll kind of soothsayer with a tremendous track record of seeing the future, what should they have done instead of signing Rose?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q60

"A renegotiation can only be used to provide a salary increase -- players can't take a "pay cut" in order to create more cap room for the team."

Took a while, but found answer.
Wow you can renegotiate a higher contract? Why don't people do that instead of restricted free agency or whatever?