Love Animals

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I equally hate fish because they poop n pee all of the oceans water into being unswimmable

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My pooches are my kids- as a matter of fact i spend more time and effort on my dogs than my brother has with his kids... no exaggeration.

I suffered a heartbreaking loss in november, lost my old guy to a several years long battle with congestive heart failure.
Crushing to me, but there was a silver lining.

My little lady that I had left became more and more inconsolable and lonely, and the behavior changed drastically.
Although we werent ready, she was, so we put feelers out.

The rescue place I have a relationship with did not have any appropriate dogs...good for them and good for the dogs that everyone had homes, bad for me and my pooch.

Out of the blue, we get a call from someone that heard of a dog that was hit by a car and the owners could not care for him or afford the surgery.

phone calls were placed, arrangements made, and all of a sudden i am the caretaker for the sweetest young pooch that had a nightmare scenario.

The before and after x-rays are below... just x-rays, nothing graphic.
We were able to save his leg and now have a wonderful addition to the family and plan on giving him the best life a dog can have.
It hurt to lose my old buddy, but gave me an opportunity to really make a difference to a family in need and a dog in need.

again, just x-rays, all the surgery was successful, but still it is hard to look at.
1leg.jpg
2leg.jpg

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of the blue, we get a call from someone that heard of a dog that was hit by a car and the owners could not care for him or afford the surgery.

phone calls were placed, arrangements made, and all of a sudden i am the caretaker for the sweetest young pooch that had a nightmare scenario.

Good on you for taking the pooch in a giving him a happy home. (y)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Luckily my dog has given zero shits about the 7 month old that has supplanted him in the household rankings. We’ll see once Gus Jr starts crawling if that continues.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
My pooches are my kids- as a matter of fact i spend more time and effort on my dogs than my brother has with his kids... no exaggeration.

I suffered a heartbreaking loss in november, lost my old guy to a several years long battle with congestive heart failure.
Crushing to me, but there was a silver lining.

My little lady that I had left became more and more inconsolable and lonely, and the behavior changed drastically.
Although we werent ready, she was, so we put feelers out.

The rescue place I have a relationship with did not have any appropriate dogs...good for them and good for the dogs that everyone had homes, bad for me and my pooch.

The before and after x-rays are below... just x-rays, nothing graphic.
We were able to save his leg and now have a wonderful addition to the family and plan on giving him the best life a dog can have.
It hurt to lose my old buddy, but gave me an opportunity to really make a difference to a family in need and a dog in need.

again, just x-rays, all the surgery was successful, but still it is hard to look at.

Well done sir.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does he try to bite at that wrap/cast? I can't see our dog NOT chewing on one of those.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does he try to bite at that wrap/cast? I can't see our dog NOT chewing on one of those.

He has tried a couple times, but I got him a Kong to work on.
There is a version of that vet-wrap that comes in bitter flavor to prevent chewing.... didnt work at all.
The little bone head was actually attracted to it.
Once I stopped putting a layer of that over the bandage, he stopped chewing at it.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@airtime143 awesome man

my boxer is 5 going on 1. Still hasn’t figured out snow. Threw a snowball in the air today and he spent 12 minutes beating the ground trying to find it lol

View attachment 10193
That is a beautiful dog and an awesome pic!
He looks fit and happy as can be!

Lol at the snow... all of mine loved shoveling games.
Tossing a shovel of powder at them makes em lose their minds.