Lovie for DC

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, how about Lovie Smith for DC? Consistently a top defense. Tampa 2. Not sure if we have the personnel. but Floyd might thrive in the Tampa 2, as well as Hicks. Turnover machine, this defense was.

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
It was also a scoring defense as well. Very exciting to watch!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If the Lovie curse is real bring him in asap.

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, letting Nagy run the offense, Lovie run the defense, and Toub the ST, we could have something special here. Like I said, I'm not sure if we have the personnel.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, how about Lovie Smith for DC? Consistently a top defense. Tampa 2. Not sure if we have the personnel. but Floyd might thrive in the Tampa 2, as well as Hicks. Turnover machine, this defense was.

no.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Honestly, letting Nagy run the offense, Lovie run the defense, and Toub the ST, we could have something special here. Like I said, I'm not sure if we have the personnel.

We don't. And not the time to start all over on defense.

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't. And not the time to start all over on defense.

If we don't have the personnel, then I'm against this idea. I was just remembering the good old days before Mel Fuckface Tucker. Urlacher. Briggs. Tillman. Vasher. Ogunleye. Harris. Hillenmeyer (one of my favorites). Awesome defense.

Anyway, /endthread since we don't have the personnel according to @Hotwheelz24

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not sure which is worse, your forum name or this idea. NOOOOO

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DC

Washington

Liked Posts:
I grew so very tired of Lovie's cover nobody scheme. Watching our CBs play 10 yards off the ball on 3rd and short was nauseating. I don't see Lovie getting another DC job in the NFL. He'd be a pure desperation move.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
3-4 base alignment is not used all the time, actually nickel or as Nagy said "sub" packages are used majority of the time. However, this does change your overall personnel and the players you draft. You need 4 starting linebackers, not 3. You need 1 monster DT up the middle and 2 heavy DE's on the end. In a 4-3 you have lighter guys on the line playing a different technique.

LB's are playing a lot of coverage, in a 4-3 you mostly rely on the front 4 getting to the QB. Corners play a lot more zone coverage and you typically always have a 2 deep safety look. In a 3-4 your corners play more man coverage, bump and run, single high safety. So you see the scheme really can have a domino effect.

Not to mention in a Tampa-2 style, you really need a very specific MLB like Urlacher or brooks from....Tampa lol.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I was actually hoping the Lions would have to scrape that barrel for HC.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Clearly you don't remember what happened last time Lovie actually called plays. And the Tampa-2 is old, outdated, shit.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Clearly you don't remember what happened last time Lovie actually called plays. And the Tampa-2 is old, outdated, shit.

Yep. The one year he called plays, they were horrible.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Forget Lovie, what about you, Dick? You willing to give it a go? . .