Lovie Smith

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
probably be a mixed bag with fit. I can see roquan being a perennial pro bowler in that scheme. Eddie Jackson should make a smooth transition. Idt it fits fuller best but he prob would adjust well. Quinn would beast in it. Not sure about hicks and Mack. Goldman would be dead weight that’s for sure.

I think Mack is better suited as a 4-3 end playing with his hand in the dirt.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
lets get that beautiful bastard back! Only a 1M buyout next season at Illinois.

Booyah baby!

Bring back the glory days!
You're one the better posters in here, but this is an epic fail

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You forgot kreutz. But the o line sucked later in lovies tenure. Remember omifaile and orlando pace?
I did not forget him, but i was speaking on the free agents we signed to protect rex.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're one the better posters in here, but this is an epic fail
I mean last time the bears was in the nfc title game had a first round bye and went to the super bowl... He wss the HC. But I agree when someone said he can't draft talent. So you would need someone who can for him
I think you guys are expecting to find the next top head coach out there as hard as yjst is. No matter how iffy some of his offenses were, I think we can say he got the most out of his players and to a point what they can do

Isn't that what you want Nagy to do now?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
lets get that beautiful bastard back! Only a 1M buyout next season at Illinois.

Booyah baby!

Bring back the glory days!
cover-2 Lovie, man....we're a 3-4 defense.
?‍♂️

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Fuck winning. Could you imagine that BEARD on the sidelines??? Epic!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Honestly, I think our current pieces would do very well in lovie's tampa 2.

He could turn quan into the best MLB in the league. Mack/Hicks can also play in that scheme.

Quinn can go fuck himself.
Quinn came from only 4-3s. Maybe that's his problem in Chicago.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
probably be a mixed bag with fit. I can see roquan being a perennial pro bowler in that scheme. Eddie Jackson should make a smooth transition. Idt it fits fuller best but he prob would adjust well. Quinn would beast in it. Not sure about hicks and Mack. Goldman would be dead weight that’s for sure.
Saints traded Hicks to the Patriots because they went to a 4-3 Defense. Hicks was not a good fit. Hicks signed with the Bears so he could play in a 3-4 again.

I would never want to see Lovie return to the Bears. The game has passed him by. The days of getting ahead by 2 FG's and burning up the clock for the win, are long gone.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think the 3-4 is bitchassness.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
While Lovie could probably still make some improvements on the defensive side, he showed multiple times that he can't choose good offensive coordinators (Turner, Tice, Martz, etc.) and so to bring him back and expect that to suddenly change is just spinning your wheels. They have to find an offensive minded coach that either can attract good coordinators that can put together an above average offense to compliment the defensive side that has been ready to try and make a run for multiple years now.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
There is no greater example of the NFL standing for Not For Long than Lovie Smith.

He did a nice job here in Chicago and then fell off a cliff.

8-24 record in his 2 seasons with the Bucs, and then 15-37 in college. I mean he can't even get a mediocre college team off the ground now.

Great all around guy and we in Chicago should always appreciate what he did here. Very highly regarded by his players. But man his time came and went quickly.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
If we are jumping into the reach back time machine, might as well get the coach back here. Ditka is still with us isn’t he?

msadows

Liked Posts:
If we are jumping into the reach back time machine, might as well get the coach back here. Ditka is still with us isn’t he?

Ditka was not a good coach.

Lovie was. His defensive scheme gave teams fits in the mid 2000's.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no greater example of the NFL standing for Not For Long than Lovie Smith.

He did a nice job here in Chicago and then fell off a cliff.

8-24 record in his 2 seasons with the Bucs, and then 15-37 in college. I mean he can't even get a mediocre college team off the ground now.

Great all around guy and we in Chicago should always appreciate what he did here. Very highly regarded by his players. But man his time came and went quickly.

In his defense, Illinois has been awful football program for... how long?