LSU DE/OLB prospect Danielle Hunter

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Every so often I explode out of my seat in anger and frustration about a player that is clearly overrated. With Danielle Hunter I was left screaming at my tablet SHOW ME SOMETHING, GET OFF THE GOD DAMN FOOTBALL! Instead there was nothing I could see in this kid to justify him being graded as the 37th best prospect in the draft according to NFLDraftScout.com.

Here is a kid who epitomizes the thought bias that players who come from the SEC and in this case LSU are overrated because they play in the SEC or for LSU. Reputation of conference and school completely bloats the ranking of this kid and it may be the most jaw droppingly stupid ranking of a kid I've ever seen on this website NFLDraftScout.com

Hunter is a tease at best because of his tremendous length 6-5 252-pounds and over 34-inch arm length to go with 1.57 10-yard split and 4.57 40-yard dash. But as Mayock says "when you put the tape on" this kid falls flat in a big way. He has zero snap anticipation, no explosion off the ball, no technique no bend, no power NOTHING. I watched the Miss. State and Florida tape and was left shaking my head. How is this kid even draftable much less a top-50 prospect?

LSU lists him as having made 75 tackles, third on the team. If he made one or two tackles in each of the two games I watched I must have missed them both. The only thing that belies his undraftable status is his 4.5 sacks in two years starting at LSU which directly correlates to his lack of football playing ability.

While he may be a very tall appealing fast athlete, the rest of his package is highly suspect at best. I could see him as a priority UDFA pickup and nothing more. I look at this guy and wonder how NFLDraftScout maintains the reputation they do.

End rant.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
sarcastic-clapping-zach-galafianakis.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
seriously he won't go until the 4th or later methinks....

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If the Bears had any coach other than Fangio on D I would have 0 interest. As it is Id have about 15% interest. Id rather go OLB before it gets to him, but he has literally no idea how to play football. Great looking athlete. But gotta start from scratch with him as a player.

3rd round at best.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He shoulda stayed in school and at least made an attempt to hone his craft. Whoever advises kids like him to declare early should be stoned in public.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Every so often I explode out of my seat in anger and frustration about a player that is clearly overrated. With Danielle Hunter I was left screaming at my tablet SHOW ME SOMETHING, GET OFF THE GOD DAMN FOOTBALL! Instead there was nothing I could see in this kid to justify him being graded as the 37th best prospect in the draft according to NFLDraftScout.com.

Here is a kid who epitomizes the thought bias that players who come from the SEC and in this case LSU are overrated because they play in the SEC or for LSU. Reputation of conference and school completely bloats the ranking of this kid and it may be the most jaw droppingly stupid ranking of a kid I've ever seen on this website NFLDraftScout.com

Hunter is a tease at best because of his tremendous length 6-5 252-pounds and over 34-inch arm length to go with 1.57 10-yard split and 4.57 40-yard dash. But as Mayock says "when you put the tape on" this kid falls flat in a big way. He has zero snap anticipation, no explosion off the ball, no technique no bend, no power NOTHING. I watched the Miss. State and Florida tape and was left shaking my head. How is this kid even draftable much less a top-50 prospect?

LSU lists him as having made 75 tackles, third on the team. If he made one or two tackles in each of the two games I watched I must have missed them both. The only thing that belies his undraftable status is his 4.5 sacks in two years starting at LSU which directly correlates to his lack of football playing ability.

While he may be a very tall appealing fast athlete, the rest of his package is highly suspect at best. I could see him as a priority UDFA pickup and nothing more. I look at this guy and wonder how NFLDraftScout maintains the reputation they do.

End rant.
if all that is true the bears will pick him a 7 lol

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Thanks I'll pull up some tape on him. Any others I might be missing in the top 50-150 range?
Let me know what you find because I haven't found much on him video wise. The only reason he popped in my head is because I remember him being named Big 12’s defensive newcomer of the year because he had a few big games. I can't think of anybody else that hasn't been talked about on here as a OLB/DE. Eli Harlod is somebody I'm personally high on but in don't think he will make it to the 39th pick.

Preston Smith, Trey Flowers and Markus Golden are few names that haven't gotten a lot of mention around here.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

End rant.
Still pretty upset about Aaron huh?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

End rant.

Shout out to biff.
I stumbled across this and had to bump.
I miss his insightful draft analysis.

Is he dead?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Shout out to biff.

Is he dead?
Horrible laundry accident. His wife's 46DDD bra got stuck in the dryer, he tried to pull it out, but with the strength of a bungee jumping line it rocketed him into the dryer. His kids could not resist the opportunity to send dad to the great tumble cycle in the sky.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Shout out to biff.

Is he dead?

how does one stumble across a 5 year old thread? just admit you searched for it because you thought it would be clever... like all the other #calledit geniuses here.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Shout out to biff.

Is he dead?
Word is he finally got a job and passed on from exhaustion after the first day.

I do kind of miss his posts. Talk about conviction! He went in hard on players. I've never seen someone so consistently and spectacularly wrong on guys, but he gave a real opinion, unqualified, but real.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He hasn't posted since January. He did have a blog at one point

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says he was last on April 3rd, he might just lurk more these days.