Mac Jones looking really good at Senior bowl..

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
PFF on NFLcom has a top senor bowl rated players video. Mac Jones 95.8 Kyle Trask 92.2
Jones hype is rollin
After watching both, I would rather trade down and get Trask. Trading up for Jones will be a disaster

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He is a statue. I watched a few of his games and he just doesn’t look like an NFL quarterback or at least not one I would mortgage the future for. If he is there at 20 maybe
I disagree with that. Being in SEC country, I’ve watched all of his games. Foles is a statue, Jones is not. His ability to step up into/manipulate pocket pressure is very very good. Tom Brady probably can’t beat Akiem Hicks in a foot race, but he moves within the pocket as well as anyone who has ever done it. Jones can also. Mitch is much more mobile, but he has always been awful at that trait. Guys like Brady and Montana can tell you which skill is more critical to the QB position.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Foles is a statue, Jones is not.

Much as I like Jones, I have to disagree with that because his mobility really went untested. His protection was fantastic. He never had one game that he was under constant pressure. It just never happened.

What he is good at is getting rid of the ball when pressure comes, and did a really good job of getting the ball out to his RB when needed.

I guarantee you one thing, out of the 4 QBs taken ahead of him, Jones is going to have a better career than at least one of those guys. Just too high of a floor of a pocket passer versus the unknowns of Lance and Wilson.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I disagree with that. Being in SEC country, I’ve watched all of his games. Foles is a statue, Jones is not. His ability to step up into/manipulate pocket pressure is very very good. Tom Brady probably can’t beat Akiem Hicks in a foot race, but he moves within the pocket as well as anyone who has ever done it. Jones can also. Mitch is much more mobile, but he has always been awful at that trait. Guys like Brady and Montana can tell you which skill is more critical to the QB position.
Yeah, I watched him play....
He is gonna get killed in the NFL especially with a bad o-line and no receivers.
He had 35 “rushes” for 14 yards......that will be worse in the NFL.
He isn’t worth trading up for.....in my opinion. Not saying he shouldn’t get drafted by the Bears....just not worth giving away the future.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Much as I like Jones, I have to disagree with that because his mobility really went untested. His protection was fantastic. He never had one game that he was under constant pressure. It just never happened.

What he is good at is getting rid of the ball when pressure comes, and did a really good job of getting the ball out to his RB when needed.

I guarantee you one thing, out of the 4 QBs taken ahead of him, Jones is going to have a better career than at least one of those guys. Just too high of a floor of a pocket passer versus the unknowns of Lance and Wilson.
35 rushes for 14 yards......so in the NFL even if he goes to a team with the best offensive line he is going to get pressured and hit.....
I don’t see him as trade up for material.....I don’t see any of the quarterbacks as trade up material.

Just 1 mans opinion

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I watched him play....
He is gonna get killed in the NFL especially with a bad o-line and no receivers.
He had 35 “rushes” for 14 yards......that will be worse in the NFL.
He isn’t worth trading up for.....in my opinion. Not saying he shouldn’t get drafted by the Bears....just not worth giving away the future.
I agree with you on not trading away the future to move up for him. If he’s there at 20 though...it wouldn’t be a question for me.

And then keep drafting QBs early until they figure that position out.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Starting to possibly come around to him at 20.....but still not sure I'd trade much to move up for him....too many questions

Arm strength
Athletic ability and lack of escapability
Can he perform while under pressure as virtually none at bama
Can he hit guys in tight coverage as guys wide open at bama
And
Was he a 1 year wonder?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I’d trade up a bit for him. He’s not the most athletic QB prospect to be sure, but he has all the necessary skills to succeed other than that. And arm strength can be developed, so I’m not worried about that either...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Looks like Jones and Harris won't play Saturday both with ankles.

Before Jones rolled his ankle yesterday, he was having those Jones/Herbert type of practices which escalated both of their stocks into #6 selections.

Riddick, Mcshay and Tannebaum were all singing his praises, even mentioning that he possibly climbed up into the #4 QB slot.

Tannebaum mentioned several times that he thought Carolina might take him at 8 because Ruhle saw him all week.

Mcshay spoke with Ruhle who said his team team was down one score 8 times in the 4th quarter and not once could they get a drive to come back.

Rhule insinuated that wants another QB to take over for their poster boy of bridge QBs whether thats Fields, Wison, Lance or Jones and they all thought Carolina would move up if need be.

There are possibly 6 teams in the top 9 selections who could select a QB.
Good chance 5 could go in top 15, wouldnt rule out 5 in top 10.
its going to be a crazy top part of the draft this year.
The 1st and only time 6 QBs were drafted in the first round was 1983. The average over the last 10 years is 3.6.

Id bet my house that 6 QBs don't get drafted in the first. The need is always there. The quality of depth is not.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I don't want us to trade up for him but if they took him at 20 I wouldn't hate it. Think he could be like Matt Ryan

msadows

Liked Posts:
Did you Evelyn Wood that or what?
I said possibly 6 teams could select a QB, doesn't mean 6 will.
I did say 5 could go within the top 15

I could very easily see six go in the first, don't expect it, but won't count it out either.

Fields, Wilson, Lawrence, Lance, and Jones all seem like locks for the top 20. The only QB left that will be better than a big project will be trask. All depends on how a team in those 20's feels about him(Pitt, NO, Tampa, Colts, etc).

JAX, NYJ, ATL, Philly, Detroit, Carolina, Denver could all take a QB. Thats 6 alone in the top 10. I won't be shocked if 4/5 of those top guys go in the top 10.

Need is massive at the position, demand is super high due to aging vets or busts. Supply is super low. Trask and Jones will probably go much higher than they should just due to that.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I could very easily see six go in the first, don't expect it, but won't count it out either.

Fields, Wilson, Lawrence, Lance, and Jones all seem like locks for the top 20. The only QB left that will be better than a big project will be trask. All depends on how a team in those 20's feels about him(Pitt, NO, Tampa, Colts, etc).

JAX, NYJ, ATL, Philly, Detroit, Carolina, Denver could all take a QB. Thats 6 alone in the top 10. I won't be shocked if 4/5 of those top guys go in the top 10.

Need is massive at the position, demand is super high due to aging vets or busts. Supply is super low. Trask and Jones will probably go much higher than they should just due to that.

yep, I said..

There are possibly 6 teams in the top 9 selections who could select a QB.
Good chance 5 could go in top 15, wouldn't rule out 5 in top 10.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can't wait to draft Mac Jones and never upgrade our OL for him.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
How many "mobile QBs" are in the HOF? Most of the greats are good passers because they don't have legs to fall back on. I dont care what he runs, as long as he can move in a 10x10 box. If Nagy/ Pace did their homework and they believe this guy is it, you trade whatever it takes to get him. As soon as Wilson goes off the board Id be on the phone.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How many "mobile QBs" are in the HOF? Most of the greats are good passers because they don't have legs to fall back on. I dont care what he runs, as long as he can move in a 10x10 box. If Nagy/ Pace did their homework and they believe this guy is it, you trade whatever it takes to get him. As soon as Wilson goes off the board Id be on the phone.
4 at the very least ..and soon to be more

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
Is no one else worried about his physique? Dude has Battleship Lorenzen 2.0 written on him to me.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Brady, Manning and many others could not scramble. I’m not saying Jones will be anywhere near their league, but when they have the natural instincts and pocket presence to anticipate coverages and hit guys in stride with pinpoint accuracy quickly, before the pocket breaks down, they didn’t need Lamar Jackson’s legs. That stuffs QB either has or he doesn’t. Jones seems to have it.

I don’t give a shit about his speed. Mitch could scramble, yet he has awful pocket presence and can’t read defenses. How’s that work out?