Mack trade update

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From @JoeBanner13 on Twitter. I know everyone already knows, but it's awesome seeing the bears so good and Oakland suck so much, because the trade is just constantly getting to be a better deal for us.

At current trend the Raiders will get pick 23ish from Bears in 2020 and give them back pick 37ish. Meaning they got a pick in the 20’s in “19” and a flip of about a dozen spots in 2020 for Mack. That could be one of the worst trades ever if it goes that way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure the 2020 draft order won’t be based on the 2018 records.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously but the premise still stands. The better the bears do and the worse the Raiders do, the better for the bears in terms of what was given up for mack

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait. We gave two 1st round picks. I know they gave us a 2nd which softens the deal but you cant forget about the other 1st rounder the Bears gave.

Im happy with the trade but Mack cost more than just flipping a 1st for a 2nd. Then Factor in that the Raiders may not suck NEXT year and the 2020 pick gets worse.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The mock drafts are going to suck in 2019

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wait. We gave two 1st round picks. I know they gave us a 2nd which softens the deal but you cant forget about the other 1st rounder the Bears gave.

Im happy with the trade but Mack cost more than just flipping a 1st for a 2nd. Then Factor in that the Raiders may not suck NEXT year and the 2020 pick gets worse.

The chances of the raiders sucking next year are still quite high

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Crazy. I was halfway through starting this same thread earlier today. This is turning out to be an even more phenomenal trade. Now look at it from the GM's point view. What a perfect time to unload huge draft stock. Pace is doing some mad fleecing of Gruden. They partly choose the Bears thinking they will get 2 high 1st rounders. From Pace's point of view. He waits until the absolute perfect time to trade draft stock.. other teams think the value is sky high, and Pace knows he's done picking top 15.

Remember when Pace was getting hammered for being fleeced by the 49ers..

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. I couldn't believe the Raiders gave us a 2nd rounder in this trade. It's still crazy to think about.
Crazy. I was halfway through starting this same thread earlier today. This is turning out to be an even more phenomenal trade. Now look at it from the GM's point view. What a perfect time to unload huge draft stock. Pace is doing some mad fleecing of Gruden. They partly choose the Bears thinking they will get 2 high 1st rounders. From Pace's point of view. He waits until the absolute perfect time to trade draft stock.. other teams think the value is sky high, and Pace knows he's done picking top 15.

Remember when Pace was getting hammered for being fleeced by the 49ers..

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We trade raped them then.

Every game we win it looks more vicious.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Say the Bears draft near 20 the next 2 years and the Raiders are top 10. The Bears will have acquired Mack for the equivalent of roughly a 12th overall pick (20th+20th-40th). That is a The North Face or Patagonia quality level fleecing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Say the Bears draft near 20 the next 2 years and the Raiders are top 10. The Bears will have acquired Mack for the equivalent of roughly a 12th overall pick (20th+20th-40th). That is a The North Face or Patagonia quality level fleecing.

A+ for referenced hipster outerwear....

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Would nice for the Bears to win the Super Bowl next year and the Raiders finish with the worst record in football. They would swap the 32 and 33rd picks. That would be something.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

The OP does address the 2019 1st rd pick. Saying it will be in the 20’s in 2019.

I love the trade but the Bears are also paying a shit ton of cap space to a non-QB. (4th highest paid player in the league this year)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

No, I'm pretty sure the Raiders will completely suck ass next year no matter what. Bears might be picking 33rd, and to suggest the Raiders wont be a top 5 shitty team is completely idiotic. They are in all-out tank mode for 2+ years.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would nice for the Bears to win the Super Bowl next year and the Raiders finish with the worst record in football. They would swap the 32 and 33rd picks. That would be something.

THIS would be beyond awesome and a monumental backfire for Gruden value-wise.

That 2nd Rd. pickup goes unnoticed, but was a nice bonus gem that should have great value in 2020.

Cool to consider the swings in value of this trade & how ignorant Raiders were to Bears rebuild progress at the time given previous 2 years of 3rd degree injuries, shit coaching, toughest SOS turned easier/easiest this year, etc. that made em worse during the rebuild & blossuming now.

Granted, if much of CCS didn't see this turnaround coming, we can't be too aweful hard on Gruden.

msadows

Liked Posts:
THIS would be beyond awesome and a monumental backfire for Gruden value-wise.

That 2nd Rd. pickup goes unnoticed, but was a nice bonus gem that should have great value in 2020.

Cool to consider the swings in value of this trade & how ignorant Raiders were to Bears rebuild progress at the time given previous 2 years of 3rd degree injuries, shit coaching, toughest SOS turned easier/easiest this year, etc. that made em worse during the rebuild & blossuming now.

Granted, if much of CCS didn't see this turnaround coming, we can't be too aweful hard on Gruden.

It should be about a 10 pick swap. Bears should make the playoffs next year w/ the packers getting worse, and more than likely the raiders will be a bottom 5 team.

My guess is a 25 for 35 swap. Still a disgusting steal. Like another poster stated, if we make the playoffs this year it comes out to essentially a single mid teens first round pick for an NFL all pro if you factor in trade values.