Mahomes 4 TD's in the 2nd Quarter alone..... damn!!!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I think Mahomes and Reid plus KC personnel were a match made in heaven. I’m not sure he would’ve been as successful with the Bears. Scouts had his comp as Jay Cutler.

The thing I did not like is that the Bears didn’t even work Trubisky out. Just had dinner if I remember right. The Chiefs worked out several QBs who spent several hours meeting with Reid, Nagy and Brad Childress testing knowledge, retention, temperament and other intangibles.

If Trubisky isn’t the guy and the Pace gets a second chance to draft a QB high, I would want Nagy to play a big part in the process.
The Bears held a secret workout with TRU.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think a good analogy for pace drafting trubisky over mahomes and watson is pax taking tyrus thomas over aldridge. Aldridge was a safer pick but pax decided to take the riskier bet. Mahomes and watson were more accomplished but pace decided to gamble of trubisky was was very inexperienced. The results show.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, hes over there doing it all himself, isn't he? LOL
Basically. 3/4 TDs went to household names like Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson... He has Kelce and Watkins is a fine player but people need to realize that Mahomes makes everyone around him better. That's what elite talents do. How do you think Allen Robinson would look in KC? Regardless of talent around them, QBs dont throw 50TDs because they have good talent around them.

Bears fans do this every week of every season. (Insert Bears QB) needs WRs, TEs, RBs, OL, better play-callers and an elite defense to take the pressure off. For once i would like a Bears QB to win despite of what surrounds them. A true franchise QB who makes players better. Mitch isn't capable of that.

Monster

Liked Posts:
KC did have a top five offense and was a playoff team before Mahomes. I’m sure he’s grateful he didn’t get drafted by Chicago.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andy Reid pre-draft:

"There is only one QB in this draft."

Reporter:

"And you aren't going to tell us which one that is are you."

Andy Reid:

"Nope." (with a wink)

That tells you all you need to know about what the guy who drafted the right one thought about ours.

Connect the dots, my friend...

Inside the 49ers war room from Peter King:

At one point discussion turned to the rest of the first round. Peters heard reliably that Kansas City, picking 27th, was moving way up to Tennessee at five. Presumably for a quarterback. “I hear it’s for a one, two, four and next year’s one,” Shanahan said. “They offered that to Tennessee.”

Said Shanahan: “The only other guy that I can think of that they would really need would be Leonard Fournette. Would that be possibly worth that?”

“Don’t think so,” Lynch said. “That doesn't fit Andy [Reid]'s style, I don't think, a big back.”

From the Titans GM:

Titans General Manager Jon Robinson said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that Tennessee was fielding calls at No. 5 from teams that wanted to trade up. But when the Bears moved up from No. 3 to No. 2 and took Trubisky, everyone stopped calling the Titans.

“We had some calls about pick No. 5,” Robinson said. “When the trade happened between San Francisco and Chicago, it kinda threw water on anything in that spot.”

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will go further than the Chiefs this year. I will leave it at that. And the NFC is far superior at this time.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
We honestly need a sub-forum dedicated to crying about Mahomes and Watson. Lol.
We just need a QB discussion forum (again). Our QB ineptitude is fucking perpetual.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Connect the dots, my friend...

Inside the 49ers war room from Peter King:

From the Titans GM:
Shows that Andy is reaping the benefits of a good roll and that the consensus opinion was different than Reid's. ?Here's the thing, Andy is not their GM and I am all about O minded HCs having a strong say in picking their QB. Who the fuck was going to do that here for Pace who didn't even know what system he'd have in place after Fox.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Bears had the 3rd overall pick and took a QB after trading up to 2 and WAS NOT him.

You couldn’t defend the trade then and you certainly can’t defend it now.

You FO/Mitch guys can’t take the L on that pick. All of us want Mitch to be good but he’s not and it’s clear he wasn’t the guy to take there.

Wow. No fucking shit Mahomes is better than Mitch. But this hindsight horseshit is getting old. NOBODY knew what any of those QB's would be like on draft day and before the draft. I wish people would shut the fuck up with this shit.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Wow. No fucking shit Mahomes is better than Mitch. But this hindsight horseshit is getting old. NOBODY knew what any of those QB's would be like on draft day and before the draft. I wish people would shut the fuck up with this shit.
I’m sorry you think it’s getting old. Better get used to it because one player will go to the hall of fame while the other is a career backup. That’s going to be brought up mannnnny more times.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Travis Kelce is HOF good. He can do anything.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

I agree but Reid knew, obviously!

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
He is awesome for sure! Throws a beautiful ball both with power and touch.

I will say that he proves that a good offensive line for a younger qb does wonders for their confidence bc he’s playing lights out and not throwing only safe throws either!

I’m not saying he is only the product of the oline play, I’m just saying that it proves that a good oline is very important for a young qb’s confidence as opposed to throwing a qb to the wolves and saying” just learn and play regardless if oline is shitty and getting the guy killed” that could possibly ruin some QB’s

This narrative gets put out by national media who don't know any better because all they do is read a stat sheet that says Mahomes doesn't get sacked often and the offense scores alot. Line must be good.

Let me try and tell you that our (KC) line is NOT good. Mahomes makes it look good. We have ONE very good RT, the interior line are JAG level or below and Eric Fisher (who is now hurt) is adequate at LT. His replacement, Cam Erving, is a JAG who can't run block.

For those who only see highlights and stat sheets....and think Mahomes is a product of the line or the "weapons", then you are missing out on just how special he is. Mahomes has the VERY RARE abilities to A) throw accurately from any launch angle while moving or stationary. B) able to literally keep his eyes downfiled scanning ALL targets ALL the time. C) elite pocket presence even as he is looking at targets.

He makes EVERYONE better....even the linemen.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I’m sorry you think it’s getting old. Better get used to it because one player will go to the hall of fame while the other is a career backup. That’s going to be brought up mannnnny more times.

You're right I should get used to the retardation on here cause it's certainly not going away.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it really wasn't that long ago Bears fans were incited by the idiocy of drafting Cedric Benson (RIP) #4 when there was an Aaron Rodgers in the draft. the correct part was Benson shouldn't have been taken at #4; the incorrect part is the Bears drafting Rodgers and him being the same player he's been the last 10+ years. he needed to sit behind Favre and be in a McCarthy system to be the player he is. Ron Turner and Lovie Smith would've ruined him.

okay, now let's fast forward back to a couple years ago, John Fox would've done the same to Mahomes. I should say John Fox has coached some great guys, but when he came to the Bears he wasn't that same guy that had Peyton Manning in a couple Super Bowls in the extreme twilight of his career, and he wasn't the same guy that got horrible Tim Tebow to the playoffs. no, Mahomes' success is being on a team that's stacked and operating with the offensive brain trust of an Andy Reid. Nagy as far as I'm concerned is a second rate Reid until proven otherwise at this point... his motivational skills and shit aside. (he's akin to a Ditka right now, right?)

flapping your dicks about "omg we could've had that guy!" when the circumstances between the Bears and Chiefs franchises were like polar opposites achieves nothing but make you all look like bitching old ladies.

oh also, another point that's right, trading from #3 to #2 to get Trubisky is still a monumentally boneheaded move. especially considering those picks that were blown to acquire him is where Pace actually finds good players in the draft.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
flapping your dicks about "omg we could've had that guy!" when the circumstances between the Bears and Chiefs franchises were like polar opposites achieves nothing but make you all look like bitching old ladies.

You, sir, owe me a new keyboard.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The PTSD, that we and the Front office had from the Cutler debacle meant that Mahomes was not even a remote possibility.

Coming out of college, he was a big arm that needed to improve his decisions. Now tell me that is not Cutler 2.0. They were looking at the QB that was nearly the opposite of Cutler, so Mitch was the logical choice.

I too can look back now and say that with Mahomes and this Defense, we would be Super Bowl contenders, but to pretend that Mahomes was even a remote possibility is jus fool hearty.