Mahomes: Best QB in 2017 Draft Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Nagy was given play calling, then had it taken away.

What am I missing because Nagy admitted he called the plays in the playoff game they lost, not Reid?

As to the OP, we'll just have to watch it all play out. I do think Mahomes has a capability to put up big numbers but those numbers would include INTs too.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The thread did provide solace that while CCS may be sharply divided on Watson vs Trubisky...we can all agree that Chiefs' fans are terrible human beings and Andy Reid quietly died inside when the Eagles finally won it all without his large rear end taking up ten yards of sideline.

And Reid watched a derivation of his offense get basically mastered in less than 2 seasons with a very young QB while the word being pumped all around is that Nagy's will take 3-5 years. Maybe the decision to ride with Mahomes came from what Wentz did?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Reid is better at recognizing good coaches than he is at actual coaching.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Maybe Reid is better at recognizing good coaches than he is at actual coaching.

If I'm not mistaken, he's been a HC for 19 years and has never won a SB. He is very similar in that regard to Fox. Fox was good at finding assistant coaches, well, save for Dowell.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Foxy was handcuffed after Gase left, no OC was coming into Jay C & a lame duck foundational coach situation to BUILD. Dowell was the only person who would because no one else wanted him due to inexperience.

Not a Fox apologist but his offense was going to be stagnant until they found their QB. Once Mitch was drafted now let’s get him an OFFENSIVE mind.
Vic stays & now we have a chance to Build on the foundation set by Fox. This year I expect to see all of this house completed with plumbing, electricity, walls, & paint.

Then next year we should be staging the house as were are prepping for sale, Competing for Playoffs..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What am I missing because Nagy admitted he called the plays in the playoff game they lost, not Reid?

As to the OP, we'll just have to watch it all play out. I do think Mahomes has a capability to put up big numbers but those numbers would include INTs too.

No, he got it earlier in the year and they slumped as well. Reid took it back, then gave it back to Nagy. Is reid really looking for a coordinator that can handle play calling and neither pederson or NAgy did it to his liking so he moved on. Now Nagy will be calling our plays?

Thats what I am reading into it. I am not saying Reid would have passed on Trubisky, I am saying Reid watched Maholmes work last year, practice, and saw a guy he is putting all his chips behind.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Andy Reid is one of the best offensive minds of this era.

He chose Maholmes over keeping Alex Smith for his final year at 17 million and he allowed Nagy to be interviewed and leave.

SMith got them to the playoffs with a real cohesive offense.

If you want to really pick away at this, you can kind of read between the lines and answer a few questions.

1. Can't stop Nagy from interviewing and leaving.

2. Nagy never had play calling taken away.

Reid was on the Score yesterday and was effusive in his praise for Nagy. He loves Nagy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, he got it earlier in the year and they slumped as well. Reid took it back, then gave it back to Nagy. Is reid really looking for a coordinator that can handle play calling and neither pederson or NAgy did it to his liking so he moved on. Now Nagy will be calling our plays?

Thats what I am reading into it. I am not saying Reid would have passed on Trubisky, I am saying Reid watched Maholmes work last year, practice, and saw a guy he is putting all his chips behind.

I would like one piece of evidence that Nagy called plays earlier in the season.

There are only 2 coaches in Reid's 15 years he has handed play calling off to, Nagy and Doug Pederson, which he confirmed yesterday in his interview.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I would like one piece of evidence that Nagy called plays earlier in the season.

There are only 2 coaches in Reid's 15 years he has handed play calling off to, Nagy and Doug Pederson, which he confirmed yesterday in his interview.

All I ever heard was that Nagy was given the play calling for like the last 5-6 games of the season including the playoff game. I also don't think Nagy called plays early on and had it taken away from him and then given back.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy took over around the first week of December after the offense was failing. Nagy did not get them taken away. The only rumor to this was during the playoff game. Supposedly after the half, Reid took over. If that is the case it was poor decision as the Chiefs did not score a single point in the second half. They gained 41 yards and got 3 first downs in the second half.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All I ever heard was that Nagy was given the play calling for like the last 5-6 games of the season including the playoff game. I also don't think Nagy called plays early on and had it taken away from him and then given back.

Most have said it was either halftime of the Bills game or the week after against the Jets.

AddiMuscle

Liked Posts:
So... yer not a fan of any Chicago team, but you joined a Chicago sports teams oriented forum to.... troll?

72579954.jpg

napo55

Liked Posts:
Andy Reid is one of the best offensive minds of this era.

He chose Maholmes over keeping Alex Smith for his final year at 17 million and he allowed Nagy to be interviewed and leave.

SMith got them to the playoffs with a real cohesive offense.

If you want to really pick away at this, you can kind of read between the lines and answer a few questions.

Why the confusing statements? Why not state exactly what you think?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Why the confusing statements? Why not state exactly what you think?

Because saying just what I think usually has some asshat telling me to prove it with reasons why I had the balls to post that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because saying just what I think usually has some asshat telling me to prove it with reasons why I had the balls to post that.

It doesn't take balls to throw shit against the wall hoping something sticks.....

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It will be obvious about 4 games into this season that Mahomes is the best QB out the 2017 draft class. Not Watson, and not Trubisky. His ability to make quick reads, quick release.....and an ACCURATE cannon for an arm that he uses to throw strikes rolling left, right or from the pocket....we'll all be wondering how he dropped to 10.

Another homer, just a different brand.

Watson is the best QB in that class hands down. After that it's wide open.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
So glad we have Trubs. Let things play out. There will be no question on who is best in the long run.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Another homer, just a different brand.

Watson is the best QB in that class hands down. After that it's wide open.

Still TBD in my opinion mick. Last year was his no doubt but the others are going to get the same reps this year and Watson is coming off yet another serious injury. That playing field can still be leveled.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thread did provide solace that while CCS may be sharply divided on Watson vs Trubisky...we can all agree that Chiefs' fans are terrible human beings and Andy Reid quietly died inside when the Eagles finally won it all without his large rear end taking up ten yards of sideline.

I'm all for pointing and laughing at the Chiefs but you best believe Reid is nothing but proud of the success his coaches end up having. Its his legacy in coaching after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.