Mandatory Mini Camp

jonimus

Liked Posts:
The Bears have 'full-squad mandatory mini camp' from June 5-7. Is this any different than the previous OTA's? I know those weren't technically mandatory but I don't think any bears chose not to be there.

Then, training camp starts July 21. Is there anything in between those? That's a long gap.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
The OTA's and earlier mini camps were "voluntary". After the upcoming mini camp they all go their separate ways until the start of training camp.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The Bears have 'full-squad mandatory mini camp' from June 5-7. Is this any different than the previous OTA's? I know those weren't technically mandatory but I don't think any bears chose not to be there.

Then, training camp starts July 21. Is there anything in between those? That's a long gap.

6 weeks between mandatory veteran mini camp and the start of training camp has been the standard for a while. It will be the last 6 weeks of anyone NFL related has until February.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isn't that the infamous period of time where you get the fluff pieces about veteran quarterbacks getting their teammates together to hold their own practices?

It's when threads are about Makoing nicknames and such. Great time of the year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is someone going to compile the tweet storm that is coming today?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Chris Emma
‏@CEmma670
52m52 minutes ago
Akiem Hicks said of the ‘faster’ new Bears offense: “There are so many dang moving parts, it gives us fits in practice.”

Mark Grote@markgrotesports
50m50 minutes ago
Akiem Hicks on Roquan Smith: “He’s an explosive player.” “A true middle linebacker”

Nicholas D. Moreano@NicholasMoreano
47m47 minutes ago
Akiem Hicks was asked how does the defensive unit as a whole could get more sacks?

"I keep bugging Floyd about that man, he just got to rush harder," Hicks said. "No, but he is a good guy, and I think our overall defensive front is more gelled."

Mike Berman@MikeBermanNBC
51m51 minutes ago
Twice, Akiem Hicks mentions how he thinks the #Bears defense will benefit from an improved offense.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Hoge
‏@AdamHoge
2m2 minutes ago
Zach Miller is still wearing a brace to hold his foot up, but the nerve is starting to work again: "Talk about milestones, that’s one of the biggest ones — having my nerve start to function again, which has happened within the last month. That was huge. I wanted to have a party."

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't help but catch some feels when you hear the defense talk like this. You would imagine that anything challenging an already solid defense just makes them that much more prepared.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mark Grote@markgrotesports
27m27 minutes ago
Intro to “Hypnotize” barrels through the practice Field as the Bears warm up for mini camp
De8pDHXXcAEbu8G.jpg