Mario Edwards agrees to terms with Bears

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I like it i think he is way better than RRH, is a rotational piece I kinda wish we didn't sign Quinn I hope this season was a one off for quinn and he balls out. Our dline with hicks still in the line up will be one of the best.

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
For me, watching Edwards all year, I was hoping we resigned him, but figured with how great he looked, he would garner a bigger contract than we could afford. I think this is a great value signing, either as a rotational piece or a starter, which personally I would prefer. Every time he played, he looked great. I actually think he was our best D-lineman last year, and hope his snap count reflects it this upcoming year. And he is only 27.

CHI-ILL

Liked Posts:
I think this is a good move, I was hoping they bring him back.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Could turn out to be really good value if he can keep up this level of play over more snaps.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good signing. With regards to Hicks:

say hello to my little friend
72AA296D-B3B5-406B-B74C-004937C7D69D.jpeg

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Does that mean we are not getting Wilson now, some Wanker start a new thread hurry.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good signing. He’s been miscast since entering the league IMO playing DE in a 43, fits much better as DE in a 34. Seems like he was always around the QB or RB when he was in. Had a couple sacks too that got called back on some BS roughing calls.

As a bonus Edwards being back probably makes Goldman happy also. Goldman actually probably helped Edwards get drafted ahead of him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Probably one of those inadvertent supplement deals.
Like sitting down hard on a syringe filled with nandrolone causing it to accidentally inject a huge dose into your right butt cheek just prior to a workout type inadvertent?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sounds like a gerbil incident.
That begs a question, do gerbils result in a positive ped test, if so maybe Mario should go with that excuse. He could accuse the NFL of gerbil/human relationship discrimination and get the suspension lifted.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Edwards is a pretty interesting piece for this defense. He only played 24% of the snaps last year, but I would like to see that increased a bunch. I'd like to see him some on the edge in the base defense, basically similar to a 4-3 DE on some run downs. He was pretty good against the run in previous seasons, though he was used mostly as a pass rusher inside last year.

Be interesting to see if they bring back Urban now. If so, I would guess that makes Hicks expendable.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont know aboot this move. Edwards looks to have had a Jerrell Freeman type PED resurgence.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Hicks loafed a bit last year in spots, but that may be a "Pagano is shit" factor.

Edwards looked really great in rotation and I like this move. Keep the DL fresh. and hungry.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That begs a question, do gerbils result in a positive ped test, if so maybe Mario should go with that excuse. He could accuse the NFL of gerbil/human relationship discrimination and get the suspension lifted.
Mario is innocent. It was a wasted Gerbil.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Edwards is a pretty interesting piece for this defense. He only played 24% of the snaps last year, but I would like to see that increased a bunch. I'd like to see him some on the edge in the base defense, basically similar to a 4-3 DE on some run downs. He was pretty good against the run in previous seasons, though he was used mostly as a pass rusher inside last year.

Be interesting to see if they bring back Urban now. If so, I would guess that makes Hicks expendable.

Gotta bring Urban back
giphy.gif

KODIAKBEAR

Liked Posts:
The good bye Akiem Hicks writing is on the wall. The question is more will they be able to get anything in trade or will he just end up released.
at 10 million per year, I think he will be released

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL

Mario Edwards (Bears) three years, plus two voidable $11.66M, $5.5M gtd, $3.62M signing bonus, salaries $990K (gtd), $3.4M ($890K full gtd), $3.45M, up to $500K playtime, sacks incentive annual, 2024, 2025 void if on roster 23rd day prior to 2024 league year
7:42 PM · Mar 15, 2021

dennehy

Liked Posts: