Mark Helfrich hired as Bears offensive coordinator............. DO NOT LIKE

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
I have serious concerns about this hire. He is known as a college guy. A Chip Kelly protege' .... and we all know how Chip Kelly flamed out at the NFL level. He is also a dink and dunk guy (quick hitters) -- Oregon football. In other words, Mark Trestman all over again. Does not work at the NFL level.

In his defense, he did a pretty good job with Marcus Mariotta at Tennessee but Mariotta and Trubs are not the same to type of QB. Mariotta is more of a running QB.

I hope I am wrong but right now I am not a fan of this hire.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
I have serious concerns about this hire. He is known as a college guy. A Chip Kelly protege' .... and we all know how Chip Kelly flamed out at the NFL level. He is also a dink and dunk guy (quick hitters) -- Oregon football. In other words, Mark Trestman all over again. Does not work at the NFL level.

In his defense, he did a pretty good job with Marcus Mariotta at Tennessee but Mariotta and Trubs are not the same to type of QB. Mariotta is more of a running QB.

He also won't be calling the plays. So there's that....

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I agree there are some concerns, but does any offense in the NFL need an injection of creativity as badly as the Bears?

Gaucho

Liked Posts:

You realize he spent more time under Dirk Koetter than Chip Kelly, right? Regardless, this is about adding someone with a different skill and mindset to the offensive room. It's exactly what Andy Reid has done for years when building his staff, we now have a west coast offense with a mix of spread and RPOs. THAT is what is going to bring Trubisky success....

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Sounds better than run run run sack punt or 7 step drops and getting our QB concussed into oblivion...

I think this scheme will give Mitch the best chance to succeed and stay upright. Also seems to fit his skill set.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is why we all wanted an Offensive HC. The OC will be part of the planning and coaching, but come game day, Nagy will be the Man.

Imagine if an opposing defense does not actually know what the Bears are likely going to do on each and every play.....that will be a first, and I like it

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
You just sat through two years of Dowell LOLoagains run-run-3 yard pass and now you are worried/concerned about this hire? We were at the threads hold of hell in terms of watching an NFL offense. Bear's fans are funny.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If we had hired someone else, we would still be concerned. Just like Nagy. I’m ecstaticabout him! Very. Will he take us to the playoffs? I have not fucking idea. Nobody does. I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
nagy is going to call the plays not sure why this is such an issue.....

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Everything was looking good after the first year if Trestman and then...............................

What happened is they had a shit defense.Oh and Trestman was a poosay and lost control of his own locker room.

ping001

Liked Posts:
Everything was looking good after the first year if Trestman and then...............................

Part of it was we had the horses. Marshall, Jeffery, Matt Forte and Cutler\McCown able to push the ball or throw it up there.