Mark Helfrich hired as Bears offensive coordinator............. DO NOT LIKE

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This is why we all wanted an Offensive HC. The OC will be part of the planning and coaching, but come game day, Nagy will be the Man.

Imagine if an opposing defense does not actually know what the Bears are likely going to do on each and every play.....that will be a first, and I like it

Nobody knew what Rex was going to do. Will he run backwards and get sacked for a 30yd loss? Will he fumble a snap and then trip over himself chasing it for a 50yd loss? Will he throw a beautiful pass to a defender? Will he throw a beautiful pass to a receiver?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If he had full control and calling plays I would be concerned. But if you add some of his innovative ideas to Nagy's playbook then we will have a modern offense that will geared to the players on the team. Nagy knows how to stretch the field, so I don't want to hear about the fears of a dink and donk offense

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think one should have to take an IQ test before starting a thread...IQ has to be equal to that of an eggplant.....just a thought. And in case anyone is wondering, I did test out of produce and almost to breakfast cereal.....

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Pace had no GM experience when the Bears hired him look how that turned out. Trubiskey had 8 college starts in his career. Nagy had no OC or head coaching experience and now he is the savior. This has all the making of a long term disaster

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Pace had no GM experience when the Bears hired him look how that turned out. Trubiskey had 8 college starts in his career. Nagy had no OC or head coaching experience and now he is the savior. This has all the making of a long term disaster

Cutler had 3yrs experience. Trestman had a bunch in Canada. How much did Fox have?
Experience in NFL coaches or players tends to be they're crap or they're old hat.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Make no mistake, Nagy will be the architect of the offense.

Nagy mentioned he wanted a diverse staff. College concepts are becoming more popular in the NFL. He's probably familiar with what's going on down at that level because that's the direction the wind is blowing as far implementing more spread based concepts, and variations into NFL offenses.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I love it when someone weighs in on a hiring of someone they know very little about. I wonder if the OP knows that Andrew Walter broke John Elway's career passing TD record under Helfrich and Koetter while at ASU...I wonder if he knows about the consensus All-American TE who set career receiving marks at ASU before heading to the NFL overshadowing Todd Heap's college career.

Oh he only knows about Chip Kelly...

Liked Posts:
Nagy will be calling the plays....This guy will be here to help implement new schemes an sets. An it doesnt hurt to have 1 of the best college recruiting schools old head coach to help with drafting. This guy probably recruited most of these college kids.