Mark Trestman's Greatest hits

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sorry for not being a complete homer and for denying the infallibility of Trestman/Emery/Cutler/ whoever else you like until they change team.

So instead you suck the dick of the previous inept regime (all because of one loss In which the Bears were down 6/7starters) clamoring for them like a jilted ex-girlfriend. Do all of you tranny's act like this? Get a fucking grip, glad to add another to the ignore list.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So instead you suck the dick of the previous inept regime (all because of one loss In which the Bears were down 6/7starters) clamoring for them like a jilted ex-girlfriend. Do all of you tranny's act like this? Get a fucking grip, glad to add another to the ignore list.

I really hope you're serious about the ignore list.

You have hit the bad posting trifecta, strawman plus personal attacks, plus a sideswipe at the gays. Good job, I'm sure you would talk just like this in real life.

xcutioner1977

Liked Posts:
He would make an ideal OC, which is probably what he should have been hired as.

what do ya think of this we switch kromer to head ball coach and move trestman to OC. I love kromer that he was great when he was on the saints coaching staff

Rise

Liked Posts:
I used to be on the Trestman for OC bandwagon but then I thought about it. His offense is so good he would have received a HC job after a couple of years and we would have been left once again starting a new system.

The time to hire Trestman is after he fails as a HC and then as a OC. Which odds are is what is going to happen eventually if he doesn't make the playoffs by year 3.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to be on the Trestman for OC bandwagon but then I thought about it. His offense is so good he would have received a HC job after a couple of years and we would have been left once again starting a new system.

The time to hire Trestman is after he fails as a HC and then as a OC. Which odds are is what is going to happen eventually if he doesn't make the playoffs by year 3.

I like the thoughtfulness here but maybe Bears could have gotten a SB out of those 2-3 years.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
what do ya think of this we switch kromer to head ball coach and move trestman to OC. I love kromer that he was great when he was on the saints coaching staff

I would love to have kept Lovie and his defense and had MT as OC.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Lovie deserves, at the very least, the respect of the Bears fan base. He's still the best HC we've had in my lifetime and was a net overachiever based on the talent he was given to work with.

Hmm, I usually agree with your posts, but not this time.

First, giving Lovie credit because he was the tallest midget (relative to our other seriously inept HCs) is really nothing more than faint praise, IMO.

Second, IMO Lovie is just not a good HC, not by any stretch. Let's review -

* I've never seen a HC in the past decade do a poorer job at hiring coordinators and coaches, especially OC
* I've never seen a HC so completely hands-off and oblivious with the offense
* his teams' preparation and in-game adjustments were bad, really, really bad
* if Lovie hadn't been gifted with Url/Peanut/Tommie/Pep/Briggs/etc. - all players ideally suited for the Lovie-2 - combined with the best return player (and Toub) of the past decade, then Lovie would be a DC right now and over the past several years, as I believe his skill-set warrants

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Hmm, I usually agree with your posts, but not this time.

First, giving Lovie credit because he was the tallest midget (relative to our other seriously inept HCs) is really nothing more than faint praise, IMO.

Second, IMO Lovie is just not a good HC, not by any stretch. Let's review -

* I've never seen a HC in the past decade do a poorer job at hiring coordinators and coaches, especially OC
* I've never seen a HC so completely hands-off and oblivious with the offense
* his teams' preparation and in-game adjustments were bad, really, really bad
* if Lovie hadn't been gifted with Url/Peanut/Tommie/Pep/Briggs/etc. - all players ideally suited for the Lovie-2 - combined with the best return player (and Toub) of the past decade, then Lovie would be a DC right now and over the past several years, as I believe his skill-set warrants

How was Lovie the worst in the last decade at hiring coordinators? He had arguably the best special teams coach of all time for seven years, Rivera/Marinelli at DC for six years, and Martz had the offensive moving for the most part without much talent. Even Babich and Turner, inspite of being considered gags around here, have gotten new coordinator jobs after leaving. His defensive and special teams coaches were excellent, while his offensive coaches were average to bad.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
How was Lovie the worst in the last decade at hiring coordinators? He had arguably the best special teams coach of all time for seven years, Rivera/Marinelli at DC for six years, and Martz had the offensive moving for the most part without much talent. Even Babich and Turner, inspite of being considered gags around here, have gotten new coordinator jobs after leaving. His defensive and special teams coaches were excellent, while his offensive coaches were average to bad.

I wouldn't say Lovie's "coaching tree" is worth debating.

His OCs were not "average to bad", they were insanely and frighteningly awful. Scrap-heap & desperation. pointing to Martz in support of Lovie does not really support Lovie in a positive way, that guy was unemployed for a reason and should have stayed that way.

Babich & Turner - seriously?

Which of Lovie's hires over his decade as a Bear, and there were many hires - got poached away or walked for a better position or promotion?

Awaiting crickets....

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say Lovie's "coaching tree" is worth debating.

His OCs were not "average to bad", they were insanely and frighteningly awful. Scrap-heap & desperation. pointing to Martz in support of Lovie does not really support Lovie in a positive way, that guy was unemployed for a reason and should have stayed that way.

Babich & Turner - seriously?

Which of Lovie's hires over his decade as a Bear, and there were many hires - got poached away or walked for a better position or promotion?

Awaiting crickets....

Awaiting what crickets? You were completely refuted.

He had perhaps the best special teams coach of all time on his staff for most of his tenure, some of the best DCs in the league, and Martz/Turner managed to put up respectable totals with less than great talent a few years.

Not one person outside of you would ever consider Lovie to have had the worst coaching hirings during the decade.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And maybe they wouldn't have. Gotta love hindsight.

Open speculation about hypotheticals is not usually the place to wag the hindsight finger.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All talk about Lovie Smith's coaching tree has to be dismissed. His coaching tree is a weed.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

I think your name should be "Loviehomer".

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did everyone forget Shea, baboonich, martz, turner, tice?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
all the shit talked about lovie for hiring inferior OC's and Trestman is over here sticking with the trash known as Mel Tucker

but go ahead and blame injuries!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
all the shit talked about lovie for hiring inferior OC's and Trestman is over here sticking with the trash known as Mel Tucker

but go ahead and blame injuries!

And somehow, Tucker isn't as bad as the worst 2 coordinators Lovie's hired.