Marquise Goodwin to compete in long jump at Olympic Trials Friday

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
All I'm saying is that Eddie Goldman misses three days and people question his dedication, commitment, and drive. There was even speculation he was retiring. All based on zero evidence. Now you have Goodwin missing training camp, when establishing a relationship with two new QBs on this roster is going to be essential going forward, and there's no issue with it.

All I'm asking is for a little consistency in what we fucking queef out about.
Are you friends with @halftime???

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I'm saying is that Eddie Goldman misses three days and people question his dedication, commitment, and drive. There was even speculation he was retiring. All based on zero evidence. Now you have Goodwin missing training camp, when establishing a relationship with two new QBs on this roster is going to be essential going forward, and there's no issue with it.

Okay but there are a bunch of key differences:

1. One is excused by the coaches.
2. One was a surprise to coaches.

Yeah, pretty much that one.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I kind of assumed he wouldn't qualify. Olympic athletes other than the very best generally have a fairly short shelf life. It's been 9 years since he qualified, including an attempt 5 years ago. So I figured odds weren't in his favor
Not only that, but Olympic athletes train almost every single day on their specialty (sport). I highly doubt Goodwin has been training as much as the guys who qualified.

Same goes for DK Metcalf trying to qualify for the 100m sprint. He might be freakishly fast but there is so much more that goes into than pure speed.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'm sure he is disappointed but glad he didn't make it so he can focus entirely on football and be there for Training Camp.
If I were him, I wouldn’t be disappointed at all. He gave it a shot and fell short, no big deal. I’d be disappointed if I trained all year for that moment and didn’t qualify.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

A little consistency ... one might be missing time because he is attempting to do something that requires high athletic ability while the other one missed time because he probably wanted to catch the morning and afternoon talk shows.

But let's not take my opinion nor yours. Let's look at the head coach's reaction.

1. The player is a different animal, going for a dream and the Chicago Bears are all behind him.

2. He was not excused and I am upset.

Yes, you have a point that getting to know Fields is important. But then you miss the point that he is doing something that is kind of a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing.

Let's give you an example for you to decide:

If you had the choice of going to your company's annual team building weekend seminar or having one final weekend camping trip with your cancer patient father, which one would you choose (same team building versus once-in-a-lifetime (or final time in lifetime) type of experience)?

And please don't try to say that Goldman had a relative who was dying or some other similar type of reason for missing camp. For whatever his flaws, Nagy would be 100% behind Goldman if that were true.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A little consistency ... one might be missing time because he is attempting to do something that requires high athletic ability while the other one missed time because he probably wanted to catch the morning and afternoon talk shows.

But let's not take my opinion nor yours. Let's look at the head coach's reaction.

1. The player is a different animal, going for a dream and the Chicago Bears are all behind him.

Yes, you have a point that getting to know Fields is important. But then you miss the point that he is doing something that is kind of a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing.

If you had the choice of going to your company's annual team building weekend seminar or having one final weekend camping trip with your cancer patient father, which one would you choose (same team building versus once-in-a-lifetime (or final time in lifetime) type of experience)?

And please don't try to say that Goldman had a relative who was dying or some other similar type of reason for missing camp. For whatever his flaws, Nagy would be 100% behind Goldman if that were true.
Do I have a new CEO at the company's retreat? Am I new to the company?

Liked Posts:

Bruh, you didn’t have to break it down for him, it’s clear he’s joshing

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Of course it does.
I would still choose the last camping trip with my dad over the new CEO at the company retreat, especially if the owner and everyone else in upper management had my back.

But then, that is me.