Marty Turco Appreciation Thread

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Tater"]

Thirded (Is that a word?)[/quote]

...thanks for the vote of confidence Tater.

Dante do I need to put you on the waiver wire already?

Viva la Huet!

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]

...thanks for the vote of confidence Tater.

Dante do I need to put you on the waiver wire already?

Viva la Huet! [/quote]

HA Waiver wire, I am in arbitration until NHL 11, beehatch!

And stop trying to derail the Marty Love.

I WANNA KNOW HIS NUMBER, is it 2;30 yet?!

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="THe Count Dante"]

HA Waiver wire, I am in arbitration until NHL 11, beehatch!

And stop trying to derail the Marty Love.

I WANNA KNOW HIS NUMBER, is it 2;30 yet?![/quote]

my money is on 34

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turco and Tony O have been on the Afternoon Saloon for about 25 minutes now... really great stuff. Tony O boy, he sure sang HEAVY praises of Turco and had some really great insight... as of 4:55 they are STILL on live in studio.

Marty is soooo fucking excited to be here, you can hear it in his tone of voice!

GO HAWKS!

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]Turco and Tony O have been on the Afternoon Saloon for about 25 minutes now... really great stuff. Tony O boy, he sure sang HEAVY praises of Turco and had some really great insight... as of 4:55 they are STILL on live in studio.

Marty is soooo fucking excited to be here, you can hear it in his tone of voice!

GO HAWKS![/quote]

I watched the interview for the NHL 11 Light game he was promoting in Michigan and when asked about the Hawks at 4:10 in, he cant contain his shit eatin grin.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright Turco fanboys, don't chubby yourselves in overzealous haste to open new browser tabs but here are the links to some of Turco's massive press squeeze around town today. :lol:

The official press conference itself from Blackhawks TV

VIDEO: http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=690&id=74872

True, Jesse Rogers is a tool but he was able to have a decent 5 minute interview with Marty for ESPN Chicago

VIDEO: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5517590

Little interview with Stan talking up Marty from Blackhawks TV

VIDEO: http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=0&id=74875

Marty's interview appearance with Tony O on CSN's "Chicago Tribune Live"

VIDEO: http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/blackhawksvideo?PID=KEiVJxxABf1fIH6xXhqSReTqAoTpMlae

Marty's interview appearance with Tony O on ESPN Radio 1000's "Afternoon Saloon"---interview starts at the 20:00 min mark.

PODCAST: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO&id=5517474

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
As I have mentioned before, getting Turco has put me at the gitty stage of wanting this season to start and skipping the preseason. What a class act. Finally we have a goalie that i can understand when he talks and is not in the talks of midseason if he will start or not. He is a solid piece to a very important postion. I think he is a far of an upgrade over what we have had in past years. Nothing taken from Niemi he did what he was told to do. But with Turco in net, I can sleep better at nights. What I love more about this is that he is here for the love of the team and not the money, that speaks alot.

Here is hoping not to jinx the season...my2010-2011 prediction before the season starts, Chicago beats Vancouver all awhile Vancouver still thinking Nucks are a better team and Lou makes a statement that after letting in 4 goals at least it was not 5. Hawks meet the Caps in the finals and......Turco lifts the Cup after his drougt of not having to lift it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Crawford's role

6:21AM ET

Corey Crawford | Blackhawks

The Chicago Blackhawks will go into the season with a goalie tandem of Marty Turco and Corey Crawford. And Hawks coach Joel Quenneville tells the Chicago Tribune's Chris Kuc, "Fifty-five to 60 is probably a good number to start with and everything opens up after that."

He's talking about games. Turco will be slated for at least two-thirds of the starts, which means the other one-third are open for Crawford's to win.

Crawford had a strong camp last season but was nudged out by Antti Niemi, so the 25-year-old goalie has the potential to step up and be a difference-maker down the stretch. But it looks like the Hawks want to give as many start to Turco as possible, while keeping him fresh for the playoffs.

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="acco-redtribe"]As I have mentioned before, getting Turco has put me at the gitty stage of wanting this season to start and skipping the preseason. What a class act. Finally we have a goalie that i can understand when he talks and is not in the talks of midseason if he will start or not. He is a solid piece to a very important postion. I think he is a far of an upgrade over what we have had in past years. Nothing taken from Niemi he did what he was told to do. But with Turco in net, I can sleep better at nights. What I love more about this is that he is here for the love of the team and not the money, that speaks alot.

Here is hoping not to jinx the season...my2010-2011 prediction before the season starts, Chicago beats Vancouver all awhile Vancouver still thinking Nucks are a better team and Lou makes a statement that after letting in 4 goals at least it was not 5. Hawks meet the Caps in the finals and......Turco lifts the Cup after his drougt of not having to lift it.[/quote]

I am okay with this but to add to the wet dream. Ovie is held pointless and he cries when we win.

hawksfanmd

Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]

I am okay with this but to add to the wet dream. Ovie is held pointless and he cries when we win.[/quote]

LMAO I just may have to forward this to some Cap fan co-workers I have here that think Ovie (the second coming of Bobbie Orr) can walk on water...that would get them good and angry..they're already pissed off that I'm a Hawks fan and I put as much Hawks wallpaper on my computer as I can during the season

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="supraman"]

I am okay with this but to add to the wet dream. Ovie is held pointless and he cries when we win.[/quote]

As long as we add: In the dying minutes Seabrook lays a hit on Ovie like Campbell did to Umberger.

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="LordKOTL"]

As long as we add: In the dying minutes Seabrook lays a hit on Ovie like Campbell did to Umberger.[/quote]

Or can we have Scott pound his face into pulp?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I just nabbed Turco in my big fantasy league. costed me Erhoff and a draft pick but I am a happy camper!!!!!

LETS GO TURCO!!!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: