My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oh how easily we are seduced by highlight reels. I never saw *that* athletic ability in Tyler Bray in any of his preseason games! But yeah, how about we develop someone raw while we have DeFilipo, as we won't have him long.

In fact, I'd be ok with stashing more than one QB on the PS, get some kids who have room to grow with the coaching opportunities!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I used to be a big advocate of tall QBs, but look what Kyler Murray is doing. I mean, Russel Wilson is only 5'11."

Yeah i agree but my worry is if M.Nagy will know how to use a mobile QB like M.Fine who will need to be used like a K.Murray and R.Wilson, and i also hope this tryout is real and we actually give this kid a chance to win a job on this team over Bray.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm not saying he has the same game as Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson. I'm simply saying that shorter QBs can survive in the modern NFL. It is not a disqualifier. I'm more impressed by his mid to long range touch.

He's still gonna need to use his mobility though just to get out of the pocket to make a lot of throws cause he's gonna have a lot of batted balls if he stands in the pocket with all those big linemen coming at him with their hands up looking to get a hand on his ball. D.Brees throws from up on his tippy toes a lot when he's in or around the pocket to throw.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Haters, dabears! Haters!!!!

Looking at his wiki page, it reads 5'11"... but his little brother edits the page every hour, so...

5'9" is a lot different than 5'11"... in QB terms. The MeanGreen college page and NFL.com has 5'11" as well.

I'll take every inch i can get. Sure would be nice if we sign this kid and he actually ends up showing he can play and play well in the NFL. The Bears sure do need some good QB luck. Don't know if you or anyone actually listened to the interview the kid did in the video in the link i posted but i really like him and the confidence he has in himself. He just wants a chance to prove himself and thinks if he gets that chance that he can prove the naysayers wrong.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its Baker Mayfield without the accuracy, or the Jim McMahon level charisma.

I like the arm on the Sloter kid, he has some legit accuracy. I'd put them both in competition with Bray and maybe 1 more, for 2 spots. Expand to QB3 for roster value in principle, and one for the PS. Sloter vs Bray and then a new flavor in Mason Fine to run the scout team on the PS. Although we don't play any QBs like him this year.

We have an all pocket passer gauntlet in 2020. Trubisky might be the most mobile QB we see all year, unless you count Watson.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Its Baker Mayfield without the accuracy, or the Jim McMahon level charisma.

I like the arm on the Sloter kid, he has some legit accuracy. I'd put them both in competition with Bray and maybe 1 more, for 2 spots. Expand to QB3 for roster value in principle, and one for the PS. Sloter vs Bray and then a new flavor in Mason Fine to run the scout team on the PS. Although we don't play any QBs like him this year.

We have an all pocket passer gauntlet in 2020. Trubisky might be the most mobile QB we see all year, unless you count Watson.

we need to move toward the mobile Qb. Our OL dictates it.

Last edited: