Matt Forte is The guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSwede

Liked Posts:
Hey guys.

Want you opinion on Matt Forte, is he really a elite runningback?
18th in Rushing Yards in the NFL, 22nd last season.

3,6 in avg have gone up to over 4 this year but yeah, mabye i am just negative so i dont get my Superbowl dreams up to much :)

55% of the yards Arian Foster have put up in a passing offense with Matt Schaub?

Pre

Liked Posts:
He's a very good back. With a solid offensive line, I think he can be a consistent 1k rusher in this league. As we know, he's also a very good receiving back. Pair him with a power runner and I think we can have a healthy running game (assuming the blocking problem is fixed).

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like 'em...I think I'll keep 'em.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's a very good back. With a solid offensive line, I think he can be a consistent 1k rusher in this league. As we know, he's also a very good receiving back. Pair him with a power runner and I think we can have a healthy running game (assuming the blocking problem is fixed).

This.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes he is the guy. He has had absolute garbage for an OL to run behind since he arrived in Chicago. In '08 he was one of the least players dropped behind the LOS for a loss. If you give him a yard or so, this guy can create for your offense, you see it when the blocking is there.

In '08 down the stretch the gameplan was simple. Stack the box amd take away the short pass And force Orton to throw deep. In '09 it was the MCL sprain. Now it's even worse blocking but since the bye, they have been making it work. His YPC is now the best of his career.

He's not elite and not the best pure runner but he does everything well and he's good enough to be your featured back. I'd love to see him behind a NYG OL.

But this is a 2 back league, we need a power runner to compliment him. I like Taylor but to get a duplicate of what you already have is odd to me

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
Yes he is the guy. He has had absolute garbage for an OL to run behind since he arrived in Chicago. In '08 he was one of the least players dropped behind the LOS for a loss. If you give him a yard or so, this guy can create for your offense, you see it when the blocking is there.

In '08 down the stretch the gameplan was simple. Stack the box amd take away the short pass And force Orton to throw deep. In '09 it was the MCL sprain. Now it's even worse blocking but since the bye, they have been making it work. His YPC is now the best of his career.

He's not elite and not the best pure runner but he does everything well and he's good enough to be your featured back. I'd love to see him behind a NYG OL.

But this is a 2 back league, we need a power runner to compliment him. I like Taylor but to get a duplicate of what you already have is odd to me

plus, his receiving abilities make him deadly useful to the offense

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
plus, his receiving abilities make him deadly useful to the offense

Absolutely, it's probably what he does best. I love watching him catch passes

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
As a running back he is above average at it's best... but he is a complete package back that makes him a feature back. Maybe he'll have a power complement back finally with Harvey Unga next season.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
He's capable but he's not a franchise running back and I'd like to see them pick one up. Sweetness never had a good o-line to run behind and he did amazing things pretty much every time he touched the ball. He still holds the record for most passing yards and TD's by a non-QB I think. Sayers didn't have a great o-line either.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He hasn't been used as much in the pass game, although he had 2 nice big 1st downs last week, because they need him blocking so much.

They don't need to grab a superstar running back just because the guy they have isn't one, the team doesn't need a back to replace him they need other positions on offense fixed up, nobody needs a franchise back when you have a legit feature back.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Running backs are as much of a Bears tradition as linebackers. I'd like a superstar but I'd settle for top 5.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
Idk why people think we need a 'superstar.. this kind of back fits this offense almost perfectly, once the O-line gets some more reps they'll open holes for him eventually

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Maybe you didn't grow up watching Payton like I did. Neil Anderson was pretty great too. Since then.....

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
Maybe you didn't grow up watching Payton like I did. Neil Anderson was pretty great too. Since then.....

I was too young, but I didn't remember they ran the martz offense back then..

my point is, who wouldn't want an elite back anyway? it's not like the bears could just get one out of the blue, you'd have to fuck up the whole team in a trade, plus Forte does fit this offense

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

No people just realize you don't NEED a star back for anything. Keeping tradition earns very little anymore and having a superstar RB doesn't make you win anything, just look at Gale and you see that clearly.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I realize everyone wants the greatest show on turf but I guess I'm from the school where a great running game to grind the clock out along with a great defense is how to win games. It is possible to get a great running back just as it is to get a great QB. I really hate that the Bears haven't had either in 2 decades. Forte is fine, I like him and I love Chester but this is the Chicago Bears not some expansion team. Look at the teams without a running game, Indy, Green Bay, it doesn't work.

Baynes

Liked Posts:
Hell, just dress down old LaMichael James for the bears, He can hide behind Forte and explode to the endzone! Or get smashed by some tubba at the line and get blown all the way back to Oregon. Damn.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I realize everyone wants the greatest show on turf but I guess I'm from the school where a great running game to grind the clock out along with a great defense is how to win games. It is possible to get a great running back just as it is to get a great QB. I really hate that the Bears haven't had either in 2 decades. Forte is fine, I like him and I love Chester but this is the Chicago Bears not some expansion team. Look at the teams without a running game, Indy, Green Bay, it doesn't work.

Steelers won the super bowl without a running game... the Cardinals got to the Superbowl and didn't have an elite running game, they ran the ball in the playoffs but the production was like what the Bears have just been doing the past 4 weeks.

If you look at the playoff teams each year. There of course is balance with most teams, but most of them are mainly passing teams and there's only about 2-3 running first with average or okay level qb play... like the jets and ravens last year.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He's not Elite, but he's a key piece to our offense. What he brings to the receiving game is great.

I actually wrote a article on how Matt Forte is the key to success for us this season. I'll have to post it in here when I get back from class.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
Carolina has a terrific running game, maybe we should mirror their franchise? Who told you we want the greatest show on turf? it's in place already so why not get players to make it work..

Status
Not open for further replies.