Matt Forte is The guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I'm not sold on Sanchez at all. When I watch him he just seems to get lucky a lot. You can win a Super Bowl without a great running back but getting there is the problem. Green Bay is going to have a real hard time with everything in the hands of Rodgers. Eventually he'll make mistakes and turn the ball over just like he did against Atlanta. In '85 the Patriots completely shut down Payton which is why the Fridge scored a TD and not him. I'll never forgive Ditka for that one.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Carolina has a terrific running game, maybe we should mirror their franchise? Who told you we want the greatest show on turf? it's in place already so why not get players to make it work..

I'm just saying in general people want to see TD's and fine defensive players for big hits. For me it's the big hits and defensive battles I want to see. I like low scoring games but most people these days think they're boring.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
He's not Elite, but he's a key piece to our offense. What he brings to the receiving game is great.

I actually wrote a article on how Matt Forte is the key to success for us this season. I'll have to post it in here when I get back from class.

I do agree with that. The Bears need to run the ball to win. Forte can get it done.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
I'm just saying in general people want to see TD's and fine defensive players for big hits. For me it's the big hits and defensive battles I want to see. I like low scoring games but most people these days think they're boring.

hell i'll take low scoring games anyday.. but it doesn't mean i'll condone my team trading away their players to get a ''reminder of the past'' in the backfield, then you"ll have your low scoring game, and get to see our elite back get stuffed at the line all day

Pre

Liked Posts:
He's capable but he's not a franchise running back and I'd like to see them pick one up. Sweetness never had a good o-line to run behind and he did amazing things pretty much every time he touched the ball. He still holds the record for most passing yards and TD's by a non-QB I think. Sayers didn't have a great o-line either.

There's a difference between a good back who your franchise can rely on for several years and maybe the best ball carrier in the history of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.