Matt Forte still waiting on Bears

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Matt-...ck-from-Chicago-Bears-about-new-deal-43509085

When the 2015 season ended for the Chicago Bears, Matt Forte spoke with general manager Ryan Pace and he would let Forte know about his future with the Bears soon. Forte still has not heard from Pace a month after meeting him.

“I haven’t been called yet,” Forte said Thursday per Patrick Finley of the Chicago Sun-Times, “so I guess they don’t know what they’re going to do yet.”

That might mean the Bears are letting Forte go, but he does not look at it that way.

“That’s all I get on Twitter — ‘Please don’t leave us,’” he said. “I’m like, ‘That’s not my decision. Tell the Bears that. They’re the ones that hold the cards, really.’”

Forte just finished a four-year $30 million deal and he said there are plenty of factors when it comes to looking for a new team. He told Finley that the quarterback, offensive line and the overall team chemistry plays a factor as well as the contract.

However, he still has to wait for the Bears to make a move and he does not know when or if it’s coming.

“You gotta wait to get drafted,” he said. “Once you get drafted you wait to get the next big contract. Then you gotta wait for that. I got franchise (tagged) and had to wait for that.

“Now you produce in your second contract and you wait for free agency.”

The free agency period starts on March 9 which is also the same day the 2016 NFL calendar year begins. The Bears have to make a decision on not only Forte, but they have to decide to keep Alshon Jeffery who is also an unrestricted free agent. So things will be very busy at Halas Hall the next few weeks.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte is a top back at his position.....if he sucked more, then maybe we would sign him. Let's ride the most expensive guy and get rid of everything around him that produced. Go Bears!!!!!

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Forte is a top back at his position.....if he sucked more, then maybe we would sign him. Let's ride the most expensive guy and get rid of everything around him that produced. Go Bears!!!!!

Oh man, I love this post. Bears FO is top notch, A+, 10/10 material.

Can't wait til we let this guy walk...

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Forte just said on NFL.com he wants to be in Super Bowls...

Safe to say he probably won't resign with Chicago.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That phone call may never come.

This is a good player who is in a much different spot than his team. It happens, too bad the Bears were not better right now for him.

I wish him the best.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Once he leaves the bears and finds success with another team, the bashing from this fanbase will commence. He wont be remembered for all he's done by many of these fans.

Such is the Chicago sports fan way of life. I am already ashamed of you guys.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Once he leaves the bears and finds success with another team, the bashing from this fanbase will commence. He wont be remembered for all he's done by many of these fans.

It is too bad he had to waste his prime years with Emery and Trestman.

The team crumbled as he hit his stride and became a dominant player.

Shit timing.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
It is too bad he had to waste his prime years with Emery and Trestman.

The team crumbled as he hit his stride and became a dominant player.
Shit timing.
Coincidence? I think not

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
hepvz.jpg

Badmotherfocker

Liked Posts:
Amazing, now we are blaming Cutler fort not resigning Forte yet. The bottom line is for a 30 year old running back the max offer should be 2 years 6 mil. Anything more, let him walk and start rebuilding with younger players.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like for forte to re-sign and still think there's a decent chance he does. I think he wants to retire a bear and I think he'll be reasonable.

I can't see the front office and coaching staff saying "well we aren't going to be winning anytime soon, so we don't need good players." Matty is still a good runner and a very good receiver for his position. His versatility could be used all over the field and for any offense. Just can't pay for previous accomplishments and pay him for his future value.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If there ever wasn't an either/or situation, this is it. Jebus, why can't posters stay on topic. If he's gone, it's because of his age and us being a year or 2 away from being truly competitive with top teams. We're still cleaning house and getting younger/cheaper and he who shall not be named will be part of it soon enough.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
If there ever wasn't an even/or situation, this is it. Jebus, why can't posters stay on topic. If he's gone, it's because of his age and us being a year or 2 away from being truly competitive with top teams. We're still cleaning house and getting younger/cheaper and he who shall not be named will be part of it soon enough.

Can't believe that everyone would rather concentrate on being gm's and predictors of the future instead of being hopeful fans and looking towards this new season w/optimism that our team will become a playoff or more team this yr. That also means that if it is possible it would mean w/Forte and AJ. Course someone would have to figure out how to get him to not be in love w/ Marshall for that to happen.Which means he would be the mentor for White,and that could be what Pace and Fox will inspire within him!

See ?,That's optimism not hatemism or can't standemism!

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Meh, we're not in win-now mode. Give Langford and Carey more reps in 2016, and shoot for a playoff run in 2017.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:

I see very little hate for peanut, olsen, hester... He will be in that group. I can pretty much guarantee it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If there ever wasn't an even/or situation, this is it. Jebus, why can't posters stay on topic. If he's gone, it's because of his age and us being a year or 2 away from being truly competitive with top teams. We're still cleaning house and getting younger/cheaper and he who shall not be named will be part of it soon enough.

Cutler fanboy