Matt Garza / Cueto

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Reds starter Johnny Cueto, who seems to dislike players stepping out of the box too much against him, threw over David DeJesus’s head yesterday in the sixth inning, presumably in retaliation for what he perceived was DeJesus stepping out too much in the first inning. Enter Matt Garza, defender of teammates and all things awesome: “Cueto should learn, you don’t go after guy’s heads,” Garza told the media after the game. “Don’t wake a sleeping dog. I think that’s kind of immature on his part and totally uncalled for. He’s lucky that retaliation isn’t in our vocabulary. You play each game like it’s a new one. That’s b.s. on his part – just total immaturity. If he has something to say about it, he knows where to find my locker and I’ll definitely find his. I took total disrespect out of that. [DeJesus] has never done anything wrong, he just plays the game the right way. If Cueto has any problem, he can throw at me, and I’ll definitely return the favor. I didn’t like that one bit. We don’t retaliate. We take it game by game. Hopefully, he learns to grow the hell up. That’s totally uncalled for.” How can you not like that guy?
Also: despite Garza saying (twice) that the Cubs aren’t about retaliation (I’m flashing on Matt Holliday and remembering that, yes, the Cubs aren’t about retaliation, even when it’s warranted), it will be interesting to see what happens when these two teams square off again. The two teams play four at Wrigley in two weeks.

i appreciate matt garza stepping up for his teammate, but the best thing he can do for them when they face the Reds again is WIN that game..
Im sure the Umps will be ready and watching, and the first pitch that comes close to or hits cueto or any other hitter, garza may be tossed without the warnings..

Matt Garza himself, I wish he would start pitching to contact instead of trying to strike everyone out..
His command isnt always the best, which makes him pile up the pitch count even more and why he only goes 6 most of time..
cubs need him to start going deeper into games, even with the restrictions now, 90-100 pitches should allow him to get into the 7th.

patg006

Liked Posts:
i appreciate matt garza stepping up for his teammate, but the best thing he can do for them when they face the Reds again is WIN that game..
Im sure the Umps will be ready and watching, and the first pitch that comes close to or hits cueto or any other hitter, garza may be tossed without the warnings..

Matt Garza himself, I wish he would start pitching to contact instead of trying to strike everyone out..
His command isnt always the best, which makes him pile up the pitch count even more and why he only goes 6 most of time..
cubs need him to start going deeper into games, even with the restrictions now, 90-100 pitches should allow him to get into the 7th.

A player who gives a shit about his team and teammates? AND he has talent as a top of the rotation starter?

Quick, better trade him away. We wouldnt want anyone like this stalling the plan during the 'rewarding journey.'

chibears55

Liked Posts:
A player who gives a shit about his team and teammates? AND he has talent as a top of the rotation starter?

Quick, better trade him away. We wouldnt want anyone like this stalling the plan during the 'rewarding journey.'

why do you all need to stir the pot and turn every thread into a theo bashing fiesta ? geeesh cant we just stay on the topic..
if you want to talk about hating theo or all the moves they shoulda coulda done hendr comparison blah blah blah craap etc etc etc
open up a thread for that and you all can have at it on there..

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
why do you all need to stir the pot and turn every thread into a theo bashing fiesta ?

Well he was talking about Garza......

And maybe if we actually had a team to watch that wasn't a 100 game loser, there would be something else to talk about besides the shit job the Front Office and Ownership are doing. Probably sounds silly to you of course though.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
why do you all need to stir the pot and turn every thread into a theo bashing fiesta ? geeesh cant we just stay on the topic..
if you want to talk about hating theo or all the moves they shoulda coulda done hendr comparison blah blah blah craap etc etc etc

The mods tried that already. It lasted for a few hours.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
And maybe if we actually had a team to watch that wasn't a 100 game loser, there would be something else to talk about besides the shit job the Front Office and Ownership are doing. Probably sounds silly to you of course though

well then open up your own thread and you all can piss and moan in there or like you said if theres nothing to talk about then stay off the forum instead of coming on every thread to piss and moan..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The mods tried that already. It lasted for a few hours.

Mods needs to start getting a lil tougher..
ridiculous that every thread gets hijacked by some of these people who has to thrash it with their pissing and moaning and take it off topic

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
ridiculous that every thread gets hijacked by some of these people who has to thrash it with their pissing and moaning and take it off topic

And this is right on topic without any pissing and moaning???

There has been more pissing and moaning about pissing and moaning than actual pissing and moaning.

CherokeeReds

Liked Posts:
Had to watch the game on the Cincinnati station yesterday. The bozos in the booth came unglued when the home plate ump warned Cueto. Kept crying that the pitch slipped.

They actually thought DeJesus was laughing at the ump for making a ridiculous warning. Funny how your perspective can make you ignorant to reality.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Had to watch the game on the Cincinnati station yesterday. The bozos in the booth came unglued when the home plate ump warned Cueto. Kept crying that the pitch slipped.

They actually thought DeJesus was laughing at the ump for making a ridiculous warning. Funny how your perspective can make you ignorant to reality.

should've been there. Fans were ridiculous. They all left before the end of the game though. #FairWeatherFans

Franko725

Liked Posts:
should've been there. Fans were ridiculous. They all left before the end of the game though. #FairWeatherFans

They said during the telecast yesterday that it was either their fifth or sixth sell out of the year. Pretty sad that it takes a bunch of Cubs fans to come into town to sell out for a team that is that far over .500.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol dont wake up a sleeping dog? oh nozzz dontzz wake upszz the cubszz

to be fair, the Cubs rallied and won the game after that. :shrug:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They said during the telecast yesterday that it was either their fifth or sixth sell out of the year. Pretty sad that it takes a bunch of Cubs fans to come into town to sell out for a team that is that far over .500.

Yeah. Tickets were a lot cheaper for the out-of-towners when the reds weren't any good.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
very true. But sorianos hr wasnt because they were mad at cueto. just sayin my friend.

Completely agree. Though it was a shitload of fun to listen to Reds fans excuses after that happened :eek:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely agree. Though it was a shitload of fun to listen to Reds fans excuses after that happened :eek:

That ballpark is fucking amazing. You live somewhat close to there right? have you ever gone? I love it!

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That ballpark is fucking amazing. You live somewhat close to there right? have you ever gone? I love it!

I'm about 3 hrs away -- was at the game yesterday. It's a nice ballpark. the field itself is small, and there's some bad seats in the uppers...and reds fans blow...but I've pretty much always enjoyed ballgames there. I go there once-twice/year.

patg006

Liked Posts:

Stay on topic?

Sure. Garza did what any team leader would have, stand up for his team.

Now if you dont mind...

The only headline I want to be reading with Matt Garza's name in it is the one that says hes signed an extension with the cubs.

patg006

Liked Posts:

Ok Bearz99, or Wrigs.......