Matt Garza / Cueto

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
should've been there. Fans were ridiculous. They all left before the end of the game though. #FairWeatherFans

Noooo! That didn't happen :smug:

Fuck 'dem Reds. CUBSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

:elephant: :fap:

Reactions: X

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
i appreciate matt garza stepping up for his teammate, but the best thing he can do for them when they face the Reds again is WIN that game..
Im sure the Umps will be ready and watching, and the first pitch that comes close to or hits cueto or any other hitter, garza may be tossed without the warnings..

Matt Garza himself, I wish he would start pitching to contact instead of trying to strike everyone out..
His command isnt always the best, which makes him pile up the pitch count even more and why he only goes 6 most of time..
cubs need him to start going deeper into games, even with the restrictions now, 90-100 pitches should allow him to get into the 7th.

I love it. Like I said on another thread, Garza is one of, if not the first one out of the dugout on a walk-off win. Now he tells the reporter that Cueto knows where his (Garza) locker is if he wants to talk further.

I wish their were a lot more on this team with that attitude.

As far as pitching, let him pitch the way he knows how to pitch. If management has a problem with it, they will deal with it.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Dusty Bakers comments as well lol let them fight, put them in a room and let em box.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Garza is awesome! And an awesome teammate. I hope we sign him long term instead of ditching all our proven talent like we have been.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
funny..after watching everyone interviews about the incident, only garza took it to extreme. dejesus kinda shrugged it off.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
funny..after watching everyone interviews about the incident, only garza took it to extreme. dejesus kinda shrugged it off.

Yeah, seemed DeJesus was laughing about it the whole AB. Maybe Garza seen something we didn't? Haha

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
A talented starting pitcher, who has the TEAMS back, is someone that can inspire all the kids that are coming up. He should be a core piece instead of a tradable flip piece like he's being auditioned for

chibears55

Liked Posts:
A talented starting pitcher, who has the TEAMS back, is someone that can inspire all the kids that are coming up. He should be a core piece instead of a tradable flip piece like he's being auditioned for

If you read into what jed hoyer was saying yeaterday, could possibly take it as he wants garza to stay..

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs-talk/samardzija-garza-and-how-cubs-can-find-their-swagger

“The Will to Win” messaging won’t go viral at Clark and Addison, but the Cubs know they’re going to need some swagger.
And the franchise might have it with Samardzija and Matt Garza, who exhibits qualities valued by this front office, if you look beyond the Johnny Cueto rant, constant trade speculation and a few personality quirks.

Hoyer watched it as a Boston Red Sox executive in 2008, when Garza carried the Tampa Bay Rays and captured the ALCS MVP award.

“You want that fieriness and that fight,” Hoyer said. “We lost Game 7 of the ALCS in part because of that mentality. He came out and just dominated. He wants the ball in big spots. He’s a great teammate. He’s always on the top step cheering his teammates on and that toughness and that fire is something you always want. We need a lot of guys like that.”

Hoyer then pivoted to his perception of how the team’s personality is sometimes viewed.

“I do take offense – I know that there’s been some people like commenting that our team is laid-back,” Hoyer said. “That’s certainly not the type of team you want to be. You want to have some guys with some fire, with some fight in them. And Matt certainly does bring that to the table.”

The Cubs are 20-30 and it’s hard to pinpoint when exactly their players and staffers began getting questions about another summer sell-off, maybe last September, probably sometime around Thanksgiving and definitely by spring training.
But if Garza stays healthy and Samardzija (3-6, 2.85 ERA) keeps developing and showing more consistency, why not build around that 1-2 punch?

i also read something where hoyer and epstein likes to start looking at possible trades ( buyers or sellers) some 50-60 games before the deadline..

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Thanks , I wasn't aware of what Jed said. Garza seems to have the spirit and balls to build around. Too much flipping is not good.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
i also read something where hoyer and epstein likes to start looking at possible trades ( buyers or sellers) some 50-60 games before the deadline..

Funny.

I thought you were the one who cried for a designated thread for all things Epstein to be created so every thread wouldn't get hijacked like you have just done?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I don't think that Matt Garza will go after Johnny Cueto or any other Red next game unless if they go after him first.

A little off topic, I think the Cubs bring back Matt Garza for next season if they want to win. He's a good player and he is extremely under appreciated. I don't think he should have commented about the David DeJesus/Johnny Cueto thing but at least it shows he has his teammates backs.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think that Matt Garza will go after Johnny Cueto or any other Red next game unless if they go after him first.

A little off topic, I think the Cubs bring back Matt Garza for next season if they want to win. He's a good player and he is extremely under appreciated. I don't think he should have commented about the David DeJesus/Johnny Cueto thing but at least it shows he has his teammates backs.

Baseball's a long season -- and sometimes players need a little 'spark' to get going. I'm not saying Garza intended to do that, or that the Cubs have won a few games in a row b/c of it -- but that sort of thing isn't new to baseball at all. Several rallying cries are needed throughout the season ;)