Matt Nagy or Bears fining Late players?

GoBears

Liked Posts:
If this is the first time he has been late, then yeah it seem a little extreme to fine him, but we do not know what all the facts are....

Maybe it is my Military service time, but if you are always on time, you are inevitably going to be late.

5 minutes early depending on how far away you are is going to give you some flexibility.
Vet here too and, like you, I subscribe to the "If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. If you're late, you're unacceptable." school of thought too.
But guess what? The NFL isn't the military. Most of these kids would get their ass handed to them in the military but they aren't in it. If he was 1 minute late, it's chickenshit to fine him.

baredown

Liked Posts:
One minute dude. He was late by 1 minute.
- Yes, I'm sure the guy who was late is always the best source for how late he actually was.

- It cost him $2,745. Have to wonder about a guy who's not disciplined enough to get to a meeting on time when its going to cost him almost $3k if he doesn't.

- Johnson was late on his coverage all day on Sunday. Maybe this is getting to be a habit...

oso4lyf

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
No one stood up for Fields when he got rocked late, Rodgers talks shit on the Field, Brady talks shit, players posting their team fines on social media, and the offense looks like something out of the 1950's.

Bears are the laughingstock of the league right meow.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No one stood up for Fields when he got rocked late, Rodgers talks shit on the Field, Brady talks shit, players posting their team fines on social media, and the offense looks like something out of the 1950's.

Bears are the laughingstock of the league right meow.
They didn’t run gimmick nonsense in the 50s

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Coming from this same guy who said this directly after the game where 2 DBs stood and watched a WR get up from a catch and walk into the endzone without touching them. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

View attachment 14972
No shit.

If he questions them, they can question him. He would lose because he is worse.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
And then posted it on social media. This looks worse on JJ than it does on Nagy to be completely honest.
He was wrong to post it, but he should go to the NFLPA and fight it and probably win.

He can say that he was doing Bears business and was thinking about the "Why"s, thus, he was not late.

He can say that he posted the fine because he had found the "why" right there on the fine, right at the bottom, Head Coach Matt Nagy.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Agreed. And I highly doubt this was the teams' introduction to the rule. I'd most definitely give the HC the benefit of the doubt until I saw convincing evidence to the contrary. Nobody gets to be an NFL HC who hasn't been reasonably competent.

Honestly though, with ad stupid as Nagy has been lately, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Also have you been watching what's been going down in Jacksonville at all?

I'm not going to give Nagy the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't earned it

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Isn't Nagy almost always late to his Monday podium times anyways? I mean, he's not one to talk.
If there is a rule that says he must be on time then he should abide by that rule.

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
If Mr Johnson had no idea he'd be fined for being late, I could see an issue. But since he didn't mention it, I kinda doubt it.

I don't know how things work there, so hard to say...
Still I don't think I'd like the LATE being assigned based on entering the building, but rather being in the classroom or on the field, or wherever. People can adjust their speed and routine based on how much time they have once they get in. You can get to the building early and still be late for where you need be. People can darn well adjust being a minute late entering the building.

Having said that, discipline is pretty much a universal application... I mean discipline on the field, in practice, etc is going to be important or not. There's going to be guiderails. We see mistakes on the field, so let Nagy be a HC.

Mr. Johnson is a grown ass man. According to the letter, being fined for being late is part of their collective bargaining agreement, so if he had no idea he'd be fined, then he's an idiot for not being familiar with the contract he signed.

If he did know, then he shouldn't be complaining about it in public. Seriously, if I knew I was going to lose $2745.00 for being late you better fuckin' believe I'd never be late.

mecha

Liked Posts:
when Nagy starts directing players to the recycle bins instead I'll be concerned.

otherwise I'm in the "rules are rules" and "it's in your CBA, dickhead" camp.

otherwise:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If you're not first you're last

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He was late. Broke the rule and got a minimal fine, then made an ass of himself posting it to social media. My guess is on time isn't in the door by 8:15 but ready for practice/meeting by 8:15

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Shouldn’t be late but at the same time do you need an official and signed letter for this? Nagy just needs to tell Johnson in a meeting he’s getting docked for tardiness and follow up with the CBA if you need clarification.

Now, can we retroactively fine Nagy every time he called an idiotic play?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shouldn’t be late but at the same time do you need an official and signed letter for this? Nagy just needs to tell Johnson in a meeting he’s getting docked for tardiness and follow up with the CBA if you need clarification.

Now, can we retroactively fine Nagy every time he called an idiotic play?
I sound like an old man, but in this day ya

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's his word against the teams on a matter that shouldn't have been made public in the first place. Was he really only 1 minute late? Was it the first time? Relevant info we will never know, and shouldn't.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's his word against the teams on a matter that shouldn't have been made public in the first place. Was he really only 1 minute late? Was it the first time? Relevant info we will never know, and shouldn't.
I would find it very hard to believe the Bears would be fining a player who did not have a pattern of being late. I hate Nagy as much as anyone but he does not strike me as a guy who is that much of a dick to his players.

I do believe this locker room is teetering on self destruct mode.