Matt "Sha Na" Nagy Presser

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that the bunch of bums currently calling themselves Chicago Bears have yet again considered the shoopster's not inconsiderable considerations in hiring Head Coach Matt "Sha Na" Nagy, all that remains is the requisite Presser to announce his hire, still to be scheduled by the team but certain to be sometime tomorrow.

After bollocksing up the Presser announcing the firing of John Fox one mere week ago, it is imperative the Bears finish this job properly - NO TED PHILLIPS AT THIS PRESS CONFERENCE! Whether or not "Sweaty" Teddy chaperoned Ryan "Snails" Pace to the head coaching interviews - and all indications are he did - this is Snails' hire. Let him lead the franchise forward and stay the hell off the shoopster's television screen . . .

. . . Nuff said . . .

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Was the introductory press conference time announced?

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Teddy and the McCaskeys will be involved in these pressers until they are all dead. You know this Shoop...but they may have hired the right guy here. *Fingers crossed*

billwade

Liked Posts:
It's an puzzling hire, whoever made it. How is a guy who called 5 games as an OC the best choice to become an NFL HC with all the responsibility that entails?

It makes me wonder if there was a 2018 version of Bruce Arians out there, who if you'll remember, couldn't get out of Halas Hall fast enough once sweat ted and george McCaskey got through with him.

Frankly, if the sweatster made the choice, I'd like to know. So, if he played a big role in the decision, I'd rather see him up on the podium taking credit so he wouldn't have Pace as a scapegoat if Nagy proves to be another in the long list of coaching failures.

In any event, I wish Nagy well, and I hope he is given enough latitude to pick his own assistants and mold the team the way he wants without those two dolts meddling. Unfortunately, the process was similar enough to 2013, I fear they once again picked the wrong guy.

I hope I'm wrong.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Will fangio be giving George a piggy back ride to the presser?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Lol at Sha NaNa Nagy - " are you my daddy?"

Always love your nicknames shoop

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
You are a dorkchop, but that is a good nickname!

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I haven't been on this board long, but you have got to be one of the most annoying posters here.

It's real simple: if you see one of his threads, click on it; then skip the OP and read people's reactions to it. This process makes his contribution so much more hilarious.

In any event, I wish Nagy well, and I hope he is given enough latitude to pick his own assistants and mold the team the way he wants without those two dolts meddling. Unfortunately, the process was similar enough to 2013, I fear they once again picked the wrong guy.

What the fuck are you talking about? How was this process in any way similar to when Fox was hired? Did the Bears bring in a "consultant" to vet (and, basically, choose) the candidates again?

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I heard Sweaty Teddy missed the flight to KC because he could not skip a trip to auntie anne’s Pretzels when visiting the airport.

However, Snails was afforded this hire, not because he earned it, but because as a first time HC, sweaty knew he’d strike a deal financially, so he can flex at the bottom line.

What does all of this mean? You know he will be orchestrating the intro press conference.

billwade

Liked Posts:
It's real simple: if you see one of his threads, click on it; then skip the OP and read people's reactions to it. This process makes his contribution so much more hilarious.

What the fuck are you talking about? How was this process in any way similar to when Fox was hired? Did the Bears bring in a "consultant" to vet (and, basically, choose) the candidates again?

Ernie Acorsi was hired for the search that included Pace and Fox in 2015. I'm referencing 2013, when Trestman was hired. In case you're open to serious discussion, here's what I'm talking about to the best of my recollection:

2013:

Bears decide to fire Lovie Smith. The philosophy that guided the HC search was the need for a "QB whisperer" who could turn their QB into "franchise" player.

Phil Emery announces he will be making the choice for HC, but then also says it will be a collaborative effort. Sweat Ted confirms this and says that although it's Emery's call, if they are not all in agreement Emery has "much bigger problems."

The Bears bring in several high profile candidates, including Bruce Arians, who said the Bears position was his first choice.. Arians later recounts how the interviews included sweat ted and McCaskey and that he was told he would have to accept Rod Marinelli as part of the deal. Several years later, Arians indicated the interviewing process was so bizarre, and he couldn't wait to get out of Halas Hall.

2018:

Bears decide to fire John Fox. The philosophy that guided the HC search was the need for a "QB whisperer" who can turn their QB into "franchise" player.

Ryan Pace announces he will be making the choice for HC, but then sweat ted coopts the presser by making it clear he and George McCaskey will be involved in the process. Pace goes on to use the words "collaborative effort" like a hundred times when he takes the podium.

The Bears interview several high profile candidates with the sweatster and McCaskey as chaperones for Pace. One of the candidates (DeFillipo I think) indicates he'd be "willing" to take on The DC, Vic Fangio, which indicates the Bears were probably making this contingency of being considered for the job.

There are enough bone chilling similarities as to how the recent HC search process played out, one can only wonder who was this year's Bruce Arians. Let's pray Nagey isn't the next Marc Trestman.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bruce Arians couldn't get it done with a team in substantially better shape than the Bears in the Cardinals.

he's also retiring or something due to health reasons.

can people stop citing Bruce Arians now?

also, shoopsters thing was old 10 years ago. it's not funny.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ernie Acorsi was hired for the search that included Pace and Fox in 2015. I'm referencing 2013, when Trestman was hired. In case you're open to serious discussion, here's what I'm talking about to the best of my recollection:

2013:

Bears decide to fire Lovie Smith. The philosophy that guided the HC search was the need for a "QB whisperer" who could turn their QB into "franchise" player.

Phil Emery announces he will be making the choice for HC, but then also says it will be a collaborative effort. Sweat Ted confirms this and says that although it's Emery's call, if they are not all in agreement Emery has "much bigger problems."

The Bears bring in several high profile candidates, including Bruce Arians, who said the Bears position was his first choice.. Arians later recounts how the interviews included sweat ted and McCaskey and that he was told he would have to accept Rod Marinelli as part of the deal. Several years later, Arians indicated the interviewing process was so bizarre, and he couldn't wait to get out of Halas Hall.

2018:

Bears decide to fire John Fox. The philosophy that guided the HC search was the need for a "QB whisperer" who can turn their QB into "franchise" player.

Ryan Pace announces he will be making the choice for HC, but then sweat ted coopts the presser by making it clear he and George McCaskey will be involved in the process. Pace goes on to use the words "collaborative effort" like a hundred times when he takes the podium.

The Bears interview several high profile candidates with the sweatster and McCaskey as chaperones for Pace. One of the candidates (DeFillipo I think) indicates he'd be "willing" to take on The DC, Vic Fangio, which indicates the Bears were probably making this contingency of being considered for the job.

There are enough bone chilling similarities as to how the recent HC search process played out, one can only wonder who was this year's Bruce Arians. Let's pray Nagey isn't the next Marc Trestman.

The Sweaty Teddy quotient bugs me. But most true Bears fans knew what Cutler was at that point. A strong arm that couldn't be coached.

Trubisky at this point seems like his issues CAN be coached...and appears to be willing to improve.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's an puzzling hire, whoever made it. How is a guy who called 5 games as an OC the best choice to become an NFL HC with all the responsibility that entails?

It makes me wonder if there was a 2018 version of Bruce Arians out there, who if you'll remember, couldn't get out of Halas Hall fast enough once sweat ted and george McCaskey got through with him.

Frankly, if the sweatster made the choice, I'd like to know. So, if he played a big role in the decision, I'd rather see him up on the podium taking credit so he wouldn't have Pace as a scapegoat if Nagy proves to be another in the long list of coaching failures.

I hope I'm wrong.

true.....I thought we would go thru a more extensive search

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Wtf dude you even say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I haven't been on this board long, but you have got to be one of the most annoying posters here.
thank you! He actually thinks people on here give a shit about his long winded annoying posts. I picture a lonely person sitting at a computer thinking this makes him relevant. js

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
HAHAHAHA keep up the great work!

J/k you suck.