Max Kellerman today: Ryan Pace racist

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
First take had a doozy of a hot take this morning.

He called out the racism involved in Trubisky being selected over two black QB's and a selection process that always pushes the white QB to the top and the black QB's down.

Vick/Newton/Russell....

At least 3 #1 overall black QB's in 20 years guarantees they are a well represented population in the process, and I feel like I am forgetting someone or two?

We need to stop having these divisive conversations. Its ridiculous when inspected. This is just one example but if you went to Pace about it would he admit to his white privilege skewing his vision?
Link? It’s not on google.

Last edited:

mbison

Liked Posts:
I am a black man and I understands the trials, tribulations and unfair stereotypes that have gone with our community for years. But I get real angry when racism is thrown around with absolutely no evidence. Ryan Pace is a professional and his Job is on the line if he makes the wrong QB pick. I doubt he care about Black or White. Hell 1/3 of the league today has a black starting QB on their team and I’m pretty sure in the next 5-10 years that number will increase even more. I don’t think Ryan Pace choose Mitch for any other reason than he probably though Mitch could be the next Bree Drew. After all that is who Pace spent most of his career working with

1 more thing. Before the draft everyone was stating that this was a real weak QB class. No body had any of these QBs doing anything in the NFL. Now 3 years later everyone is acting like they knew Mahomes/Watsonwould be the next big thing and are playing the race card. How dumb are some of us Bears fans???

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
edit: This seems outrageous to me. If I'm Pace, do I contact my lawyer to threaten defamation of character?

Last edited:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Kaepnick is an American hating, racist, lock room cancer

His girlfriend is a fucked in the head communist

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Bison,

And I think the biggest problem with calling something racist that isn't is that when true racism happens people don't pay enough attention because they have become numb to the term. It certainly isn't fair, but it is true.

So something like the central park 5 happens, a true atrocity, and enough people don't pay attention.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I guess they just ignored the aptitude tests and because Mitch was white figured he was smarter?

Kinda doubt it.

Racism is an awfully strong charge to hurl about without proof. Nothing in this thread leads me to believe it is anything but pure speculation on the part of a few incompetent posters.
No, on Max Kellerman's part.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They (the Bears) were pretty sneaky keeping Lovie Smith around for 9 years as head coach. It helped them hide their racist beliefs. Brilliant!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
They (the Bears) were pretty sneaky keeping Lovie Smith around for 9 years as head coach. It helped them hide their racist beliefs. Brilliant!
Clearly he was an Uncle Tom

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There is no way anyone who understands football could look at the film of cornpone Mahomes or Bridgewater 2.0 Watson and think they were better prospects than Trubisky. San Francisco passed on all 3 of them.

Texas Tech has literally been the most laughable gimmick offense in the history of organized football. Mahomes was putting up the same numbers that Coach Kingsbury once did in that system. Then he wound up playing for a head coach who has literally never found a QB he could fail with. Matt Moore just went from coaching HS football to nearly beating one of the best teams in the NFL last night while playing for Andy Reid. Read: Patrick Mahomes is. NOT. THAT. GOOD.

He's dumber than a second coat of paint, his footwork stinks, and he's no more accurate than Trubisky. The only thing he has going for him that Alex Smith did not is he's aggressive down the field, which works when you have that system and that kind of speed at WR.

Watson isn't in that easy a system, but he is playing with DeAndre Hopkins, who will be in Canton one day.

And neither of them are playing Nagy's joke of an offense, which is what is most important. Nagy can pull out all the trickery he wants, but his arrogance is leading to a stubbornness where he develops game plans with a lack of fundamentals, and he seems to have no interest in learning from his mistakes and getting better.
It’s weird how the guys who constantly say “anyone who knows football” seem to not know anything about football. And they all appear to be Mitch defenders. Really weird.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow! All of this reaction to Max Kellermann???

I didnt have a problem with anything he said specifically, but that he wasn't totally correct.

I think some here are going too far in their arguments in defense.

Pace is incompetent. Period.

But it is interesting how Trubinsky's draft stock was so high considering his play was basically average.

Skipping a national title winner with Watson's pedigree wasn't really racist. It just means you don't know what you're doing.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'M GONNA CALL MY E LAWYER ABOUT YOU CALLING ME DUMB AND SEW YOU 4 DEFAMATION HAHAHAHAHAHAHA BITCH
You misrepresented my post. I did not state "Ima call my lawyer". I specifically asked a question, dummy.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Wow! All of this reaction to Max Kellermann???

I didnt have a problem with anything he said specifically, but that he wasn't totally correct.

I think some here are going too far in their arguments in defense.

Pace is incompetent. Period.

But it is interesting how Trubinsky's draft stock was so high considering his play was basically average.

Skipping a national title winner with Watson's pedigree wasn't really racist. It just means you don't know what you're doing.

Pace made a mistake but it’s very common. Go back and look at the last 100 QBs selected in the 1st round and see how many actually turned out to be good Qbs? Maybe 5-10 percent. Selecting a black/white QB is a total crap shoot and I think it’s ridiculous that people are accusing Pace of putting his Job on the line and purposely not select the Best QB in his mind because of skin color. To me the people accusing him of this are the real racists and I am taking notes on some of the members here

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think accusing Pace one way or the other makes someone racist. That's not how racism works. Either you have the feelings or you don't.

For me, Pace screwed up and folks accusing him are not racist either.

I think as a society it's all too easy to fall into the bias trap and start pointing fingers.

So no, while I dont think race played a part in Pace's mistake, I dont think folks accusing him are racist either.