Maxwell wants what? ?

sewie

Liked Posts:
Sources close to*Byron Maxwell*“recently threw out numbers” like $12-13MM when estimating what it might take – in terms of per-year salary – to land the*Seahawks*cornerback in free agency this offseason, writes*Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer. I’d be shocked if Maxwell landed a deal that lucrative, but he’ll be one of the top available corners if he reaches the open market. While general manager*John Schneiderand the Seahawks have expressed a desire to re-sign Maxwell, he should have several suitors in March, including the*Eagles*— McLane takes a look at Maxwell’s potential fit in Philadelphia.

Don't think he is worth that. He benefits from a good pass rush, plus one of the best safeties behind him. Thoughts?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Eh, I'd take Chris Harris over him
20131227__chris-harris-broncos-122713~p1.jpg

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Since i effed up, in Contrast here... Harris signed a 5 yr 42 mi w/ 24 mil guaranteed. Much less than what Maxwell wants, but i'm sure a desperate team like the Raiders with cap room will pony up something close to 10 a year

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is the answer to one of those questions you normally here a non answer to so as to not play your hand for your agent. In the spirit of the outrageousness that is Super Bowl week...he gave an outrageous answer.

Now off to "Around The League" with you silly sound bite.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Must be nice playing corner on the seahawks.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
The problem with the CB position is an inflated market thanks to the pukers giving Sam Shields a ridiculous contract that works out to around 10 m a year. Maxwell is a much better corner than Shields is but can you really say he is worth 10 + mil per year? If the D was one guy away then maybe but at this point top end CBs are likely going to cost too much for a rebuilding team.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Realize that secondary doesn't have Brandon Browner anymore.

It hurst me to think about it. That secondary is so goddamn good it's scary. The best CB in the league (he's a dick, but he is). The best safety in the league and quite possibly, the second best (Chancellor).

And they lose two key pieces (Bryant and Clemons to FA) and their best DL (Mebane) to injury.

Goddamn, that D is awesome.

I thought for sure the 'illegal hands' penalty which was basically a penalty put in place BECAUSE of the Legion of Boom secondary, would fuck them, but they didn't miss a beat.

Scary.

And no, he's not worth it.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Thoughts on Kareem Jackson from Houston?