Mccown on Jimmy G

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
When has Mccown ever not had high praise, for anybody?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All this hype is gonna knock JG right outta our price range. Damn you, Belichick!!!
17a39e41-2df8-4056-bfd3-dd789409f2c3_crop_north.jpg

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Browns will give up the farm to get Garoppolo. Patriots will have the first overall pick.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
McCown for GM!!!!!

"I saw some things in Derek Carr early on in the 2014 draft that reminded me of Aaron Rodgers and I thought 'this guy is going to be pretty good,'" McCown said. "I see the same things when I watch Jimmy: quick release, strong arm, athletic. I'm not saying he's Aaron Rodgers, but he's got some traits in the same mold, and he's got tremendous upside."

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
When has Mccown ever not had high praise, for anybody?
When he's considering their multuverse counterparts altered traits.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"I haven't studied him enough to go, 'Yeah, I'd give up the No. 1 for him.''

That said, I could see the Browns giving their #12 for him. Walking out of the 1st round with Garrett and a QB ready to start would mean a lot to that franchise.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Dude, if McCown backs him...I'd give up 3 1sts for him...if you identify your guy, do whatever you need to do to bring him home.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What does Luke McCown think?

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Spot on, exactly what I've been preaching since Jimmy's EIU days.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My biggest concerns with JG are the same as when he was coming out. His stature, hand size and ability to drive a deep ball. None are big problems but it would stop me from giving our 1 for him. He's tall enough but not ideal, has a general lean build and hasn't helped that impression by getting injured that quickly on what didn't look like an uncommon QB hit. He has small hands but I've never seen that affect him. He can throw deep effectively enough but there is some question as to whether he can drive a skinny post and the deep out at an elite level like you want the #3 pick to do. That plus 1" in height is what set Carr (who I like a lot) apart from him in that draft. That said, he's shown good decision making and quick reads which is more important than elite arm strength. I'll support whatever Pace does here until he's proven wrong but I think our 1 is too high a price with where we're picking.

That said, I'd bet the JG would most like to play here and we're not in the AFC. Belichick has taken less than top offers for reasons of his own and isn't beyond doing JG a solid by going with our 2nd instead of SF's. It is Bill and he'll squeeze more if comes to that but there it is. I personally don't think he takes a 2nd and will be looking at Cleveland's 12 or a swap of 1sts with the top 3. A steep price.

And remember, JG has some leverage here. He can effectively pick his partner(withing reason). BB gets more trade value for a QB willing to sign a long term deal with his trading partner. The 1 year trial supposition was simply silly.

While I said I will support pace, I'm wary of giving too much for a guy with so little film, smallish stature and average NFL arm strength. I'd feel a lot better about it if he played at least 1/2 a season injury free.

I suspect JG will not be traded before the draft due to price. My guess is that some team may pop for him after their projected QB isn't there to pick or they come off the draft relatively empty handed.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My biggest concerns with JG are the same as when he was coming out. His stature, hand size and ability to drive a deep ball. None are big problems but it would stop me from giving our 1 for him. He's tall enough but not ideal, has a general lean build and hasn't helped that impression by getting injured that quickly on what didn't look like an uncommon QB hit. He has small hands but I've never seen that affect him. He can throw deep effectively enough but there is some question as to whether he can drive a skinny post and the deep out at an elite level like you want the #3 pick to do. That plus 1" in height is what set Carr (who I like a lot) apart from him in that draft. That said, he's shown good decision making and quick reads which is more important than elite arm strength. I'll support whatever Pace does here until he's proven wrong but I think our 1 is too high a price with where we're picking.

That said, I'd bet the JG would most like to play here and we're not in the AFC. Belichick has taken less than top offers for reasons of his own and isn't beyond doing JG a solid by going with our 2nd instead of SF's. It is Bill and he'll squeeze more if comes to that but there it is. I personally don't think he takes a 2nd and will be looking at Cleveland's 12 or a swap of 1sts with the top 3. A steep price.

And remember, JG has some leverage here. He can effectively pick his partner(withing reason). BB gets more trade value for a QB willing to sign a long term deal with his trading partner. The 1 year trial supposition was simply silly.

While I said I will support pace, I'm wary of giving too much for a guy with so little film, smallish stature and average NFL arm strength. I'd feel a lot better about it if he played at least 1/2 a season injury free.

I suspect JG will not be traded before the draft due to price. My guess is that some team may pop for him after their projected QB isn't there to pick or they come off the draft relatively empty handed.

Belichick will hold on to him for as long as possible until he gets his price. All it takes is 1 desperate team.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets not forget a few things about the Queens trade for Bradford which the media is basing a 1st and 4th on. They were really desperate as Teddy suffered the injury right before the season began. They traded their next years 2017 1st rounder and their 2018 4th rounder but had just picked 23rd in the 2016 draft so Philly was expecting a late 1st round in 2017. Ultimately he was traded for a late 1st rounder. He was also an experienced and pretty decent QB when healthy as opposed to JG who has played in 1.5 games. I really doubt that any team will give up much more than the value of a late 1st round pick which the Bears 2nd and 4th equates to. Maybe #36 and a conditional pick in 2017 kind of like the Alex Smith trade. If that isn't good enough for BB, he keeps JG for 2017 and loses him in 2018 unless he tags him which seems highly unlikely. Lets face it, aside from the bitter, senile Greg Gabriel all signs point to Brady playing as long as he can so why not get some picks which can help the pats in 2017 and 2018. They drafted Brissett in 2016 just for this reason.

Minnesota was was not bidding for Bradford against any other team. I do not think Minnesota saw Bradford as the possible franchise QB of the organization. As it pertains to JG, you have 3 desperate teams with the hope that JG could be the answer for their respective franchises.