High School:
Mill Creek
Height / Weight:
6-5 / 212
Position:
Holder/Punter
Experience:
3L

Will contend for Conference USA and possible national honors as the Pirates' top punter again this fall ... Will also continue to provide steadiness and reliability as Warren Harvey's holder on all field goal and extra-point attempts ... In all, has appeared in 38 career games in a special teams role - 25 as exclusively the holder and 13 more in a dual role as both the punter and holder ... A model student-athlete with a tall frame, leg strength, poise and maturity who was extended a roster position and an immediate special teams starting position (holder) as an invited walk-on a three years ago ... Netted 145 yards in three punts (48.3 ypp) during the Purple-Gold Game on April 20 ... A 2013 Second-Team Preseason All-Conference USA selection by Phil Steele's College Football Preview Magazine ... Topped all punters and kickers with a broad jump of 101.5" during spring strength and conditioning testing.

2012: An All-Conference USA honoree in his first punting campaign after taking over the duties on a full-time basis after fall camp ... Played in all 13 games logging 65 punts for 2,779 yards (42.8 avg.) with nine touchbacks ... Placed 14 boots inside the opponents 20-yard line and punted 10 balls for 50-plus yards with a career-long of 65 against Navy ... Named C-USA Special Teams Player-of-the-Week after his performance at Southern Miss where he delivered a career-best 10 punts for 422 yards (42.2 avg.), placing three kicks inside the 20-yard line (two inside the 10) ... His 10 attempts at Southern Miss were the most for an ECU punter since 2004 ... Recorded at least one punt for 50-plus yards in seven games ... Booked only tackle at South Carolina (solo) ... Holder on Warren Harvey's 50 PATs and 20 field goal attempts ... Ranked among the league leaders in punt average (5th) ... On a national scale, stood 29th in punt average ... Possessed averages of 40.0 or better in 11 contest ... Top effort of year was a 52.5 clip against Navy ... Also turned in notable 46.4 (South Carolina), 46.3 (UL-Lafayette in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl), 46.0 (Marshall), 44.5 (Appalachian State) and 42.8 (Memphis) averages during the year ... Earned "Top Gun" Special Teams Player-of-the-Year honors during the program's annual awards banquet.

2011: Served as the team's holder for the second-straight season, appearing in all 12 games ... Held snap that produced Michael Barbour's East Carolina record-tying 58-yard field goal at Marshall ... An important part of field goals and point after touchdown units that helped Barbour end his career ranked ninth on the ECU career scoring chart (179 points, 28 FG, 95 PAT) ... Held for Barbour's three contests with two or more field goals.

2010: Took over as the team's holder in fall camp and served in that role for all 13 games ... One of just three true freshman to play in 2010 ... Integral part of kicking team that established a new school single-season records for PAT kicks made (56) and points by a kicker (104) ... Held for Barbour's five games with two or more field goals.

High School: Lettered twice as a punter for coach Shannon Jarvis at Mill Creek (Ga.) High School, which is located northeast of Atlanta and northwest of Athens on I-85 ... Recorded an overall 38.1 yards-per-punt average, while placement prevented any return yards on 44 boots as a senior ... Earned First-Team All-Gwinnett County and First- Team All-Region 7-AAAAA honors in 2009 ... Selected as the winner of the program's Hawk of Steel Award as a sophomore, junior and senior ... Cited as team's player-of-the-week on four occasions during prep career (once as junior, three times as senior) ... Also earned two baseball letters for Hawks as a pitcher ... A four-time recipient of MCHS's Scholar-Athlete Award and Academic Letter ... Was Mill Creek's Homecoming King during senior year and was runner-up for Fellowship of Christian Athletes Male Athlete-of-the-Year honors.

Personal: Full name is Trent Harrison Tignor ... Born August 12, 1992 at Snellville, Ga. ... Son of Chuck and Robin Tignor ... A business finance major ... Excels in the classroom with selection to the ECU Dean's List (3.5 grade point average or higher) during both semesters of the 2010-11 academic year before following with a similar standing for the fall term in 2011 and then both semesters again for 2012-13 ... Earned Chancellor's List (4.0) inclusion for work during the spring of 2012 ... A recipient of the C-USA Academic Medal (3.5) as a junior ... Also selected as ECU's Male Scholar-Athlete-of-the-Year in the spring of 2013 ... Has ultimate occupational goal of becoming a CFO or CEO of a major corporation ... Provides top leadership role in FCA chapter on the East Carolina campus, serving as organization's president ... Brother Wes Tignor pitched at the collegiate level at Middle Georgia College (2006- 07) and Kennesaw State University (2008-09) ... Cousin Hampton Tignor was a four-year baseball (catcher) letterman at Florida who was drafted by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft ... An avid tennis fan who also enjoys playing the guitar and singing ... Picks a Wimbledon men's final as a sporting event most wanting to attend ... Says the best thing about being a member of the ECU football program is "being able to have an influence to positively impact people in the community" ... Cites transition from multi-sport athlete to just football as one of his biggest obstacles to overcome, but most rewarding pride has been development as a collegiate student-athlete ... Hometown of Hoschton (rhymes with pushton) set a world record recognized by the World Records Academy in 2008 for the "Most Scarecrows in One Location" (5,441) - an accomplishment which was also honored by the Georgia House of Representatives.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, we got our guy for those jobs!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Butler

Drew Butler (born May 10, 1989) is an American football punter who is currently a member of the Chicago Bears. He spent the 2012-2013 season and the 2013-2014 preseason on the Pittsburgh Steelers roster. He played college football for the University of Georgia and was recognized as an All-American. The Pittsburgh Steelers signed him as an undrafted free agent following the 2012 NFL Draft

Butler was born in Duluth, Georgia, and is the son of Kevin Butler, a former University of Georgia and NFL placekicker. He attended Peachtree Ridge High School in Suwanee, Georgia, and played high school football for the Peachtree Ridge Lions. As a junior, he averaged 40 yards per punt with a longest kick of 63 yards and 13 punts inside the 20-yard line. Following his senior season in 2006, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Georgia Sports Writers Association named him to their Class 5A all-state first teams. Scout.com rated him as the No. 9 punter recruit in the nation. He also played Peachtree Ridge Lions golf team, while maintaining a 3.9 grade point average.

Butler attended the University of Georgia, where he played for coach Mark Richt's Georgia Bulldogs football team from 2007 to 2011. He led the nation in punting average for the 2009 NCAA Division I FBS football season.[1] He was selected as the first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) punter,[2][3] and a unanimous first-team All-American, and he was the winner of the Ray Guy Award recognizing him as the best college punter in the nation.[4][5]

In 2010, Butler was selected as the second-team All-SEC punter by the coaches.[6] He was a first-team All-American selection by Pro Football Weekly, a second-team choice by the Associated Press and CBS Sports, as well as an honorable mention selection by Sports Illustrated.[7][8][9][10] He was a 2010 first-team Academic All-America selection.[11]

On December 6, 2011, he was honored as a National Football Foundation (NFF) Scholar-Athlete Award recipient.[12] He was also honored on that same day when he earned honorable mention All-SEC recognition by the Associated Press.[13] On December 8, he repeated in 2011 as a first team Academic All-America selection.[14]

On December 31, 2013, Butler was signed to a future/reserve contract by the Chicago Bears

kevin-butler-drew-butler.jpg

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was hoping for Butler...ya know, just because:)

Celks

Liked Posts:
We should resign Podlesh to a 5 year $100 mil deal. Best punter I have ever seen in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to play catch with Drew Butler and Chris Gardocki's kid at Bears practice in 1994.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler and his dad say he has gained 20 lbs and leg strength since the steelers full season as a starter experience.

He is ready to be a professional, and if we find something else great. Probably a really big leg like Tignor. But I am happy knowing Butler is the worst we will have and just youth and strength we will see kick height and distance we haven't seen since Maynard was young, probably before then.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I used to play catch with Drew Butler and Chris Gardocki's kid at Bears practice in 1994.

Did Chris Gardocki make you lick white dog shit?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's with the derogatory comments? You think I would make something like that up?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jealousy reeks around here... lol

I'm curious to see the competition between Butler and Way this summer.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What's with the derogatory comments? You think I would make something like that up?

[video=youtube;WVxz2j4_skI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVxz2j4_skI[/video]

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not that I really care, but curious, what is your problem?

It was a joke that I am assuming went over your head...but no problem

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Little butthead is my pick for training camp hero.

GO LITTLE BUTTHEAD!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He looks like he is 11 years old

9072675.jpeg

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Are people going to cry like little bitches if Tress Way wins the job?