Mel Kiper grades the Bears' draft (B-)

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Wonder what he gave the Packers? Anyway, it barely matters at this point. If a WR was picked at some point, the Bears will just get shat on for not getting something else. But seriously, if they gave the Packers a better grade than the Bears, then it's obviously already crap. They drafted 3 fucking WRs when their D's crap and somehow everyone's on their nuts on how they drafted amazingly again.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Mel Kiper is, and always has been, a jackass. If you want to listen to someone that knows what they're talking about, listen to Mayock or the other dude on NFLN, Charles Davis I think is his name.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guarantee Carey runs faster than 4.7. I've watched the kid every year for the last three years at UofA he led the nation in rushing as sophomore and was second or third In the country as a junior. He doesn't have a great OL in front of him, he gets his yards by himself. He's a tremendous talent. Stop listening to people who never watched him play.

I agree

Carey's football speed is fine. He is the only real threat on his team and he still succeeded.

His forty time hurt but he can play football.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happens if one of your top WRs gets hurt?

Then Marquess Wilson steps up...........unless we drafted a round 1 WR any guy we pick up is not going to do shit this year.

Kiper = moron regarding his Bears assessment. I don't disagree with all of it but the WR as a top need shows he did not put in his homework....

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
-Green Bay Packers: B
Top needs: S, TE, WR, ILB
Needs: B- Value: B+
Summary: Another solid draft. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was an easy call at No. 21. I thought he'd be off the board by then, potentially to Dallas or Baltimore, so Green Bay got a good value there, and he addresses a need at free safety, where the Packers didn't have much. Davante Adams isn't explosive, but he catches everything and will flourish with Aaron Rodgers (This tends to happen with good receivers catching passes in Green Bay lately.) I really thought they needed a WR or two in this draft, and I loved the additions of Jeff Janis and Jared Abbrederis. If you saw Abbrereris simply steal Bradley Roby's lunch money in Columbus, you know he can battle NFL-level athletes, and Janis is a major physical talent for a 7th-rounder. He dropped on hand size and competition level coming out of D-II. Carl Bradford is a player I really like, and I'll be interested to see if they move him around a little bit. I thought inside linebacker was a big need even though that's typically something you can address later, but they didn't touch it. (Does Bradford fit?) There's not a point where you feel like the Packers flat out got a steal, but aside from the question at ILB, there's not much not to like.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Then Marquess Wilson steps up...........unless we drafted a round 1 WR any guy we pick up is not going to do shit this year.

Kiper = moron regarding his Bears assessment. I don't disagree with all of it but the WR as a top need shows he did not put in his homework....

I think kiper spends too much time evaluating college players and not enough time on the pro game, which leaves his analysis lacking.

Sent from anywhere in the galaxy

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
um hello people...we are extremely thin at WR. Yes we have two top notch WR's.. but behind them NOTHING. NOOOOTHING.. You cant jus have 2 competent WR's in this league anymore, especially in a Trestman type offense. All we can do is pray #15 & 17 stay healthy all year, god forbid we were to lose both of them.

Mitchapalooza

um hello people...we are extremely thin at WR. Yes we have two top notch WR's.. but behind them NOTHING. NOOOOTHING.. You cant jus have 2 competent WR's in this league anymore, especially in a Trestman type offense. All we can do is pray #15 & 17 stay healthy all year, god forbid we were to lose both of them.

Wilson, Weems, Hixon, etc. Not many "star" 3rd WRs out there. Weems is decent in the slot. Wilson seems to be the #3. relax.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

revisit some of the posts in the thread and you find a response to your thread......

the only way we would have found a number 3 or 4 WR is if we took one in the first two rounds.......

and then wtf do you do about your defense?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

:obama:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wonder what he gave the Packers? Anyway, it barely matters at this point. If a WR was picked at some point, the Bears will just get shat on for not getting something else. But seriously, if they gave the Packers a better grade than the Bears, then it's obviously already crap. They drafted 3 fucking WRs when their D's crap and somehow everyone's on their nuts on how they drafted amazingly again.
Kiper gave the Packers a B so he thinks they had a better draft than us.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read it as DEPTH at wr

it has been discussed; depth at WR is not a TOP need......I would put it below LBer, backup TE, backup QB and punter

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
if Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett all get injured...

we are screwed guys, screwed

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wilson, Weems, Hixon, etc. Not many "star" 3rd WRs out there. Weems is decent in the slot. Wilson seems to be the #3. relax.
Don't forget Josh Morgan when he's healthy he's a good WR. But i'm really rooting for Wilson and i wouldn't mind Chris Williams winning the #6 job cause he could be a great KR/PR.