Mello Traded To The New York Knicks

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the knicks are still going to suck.

I see them still at No. 6 seed. The thing is they've beaten us twice this year, and now they have more star power. Granted they lost their ridiculous 3 point shooter in Gallinari now though.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
tony douglas went off on us. Well the entire team went off on us during the freak game 3pt shooting game. there was just nothing we could do.

Fredsmooth21

Liked Posts:
I see them still at No. 6 seed. The thing is they've beaten us twice this year, and now they have more star power. Granted they lost their ridiculous 3 point shooter in Gallinari now though.
Both are very different teams now with the Bulls being better than they were in Dec or whenever they played last. As long as the Bulls defend like they normally do, i'm not too worried about the Knicks. They have zero depth, and if they did D'Antoni wouldn't utilize it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
tony douglas went off on us. Well the entire team went off on us during the freak game 3pt shooting game. there was just nothing we could do.

Both are very different teams now with the Bulls being better than they were in Dec or whenever they played last. As long as the Bulls defend like they normally do, i'm not too worried about the Knicks. They have zero depth, and if they did D'Antoni wouldn't utilize it.

Well the Knicks are obviously different. The Bulls and Knicks last played on Dec. 25th. The Bulls had everyone healthy for that game and just simply played like crap. Also the ridiculous three point shooting was a major factor. Two of those guys are now gone in Gallinari and Felton. Though Billups can shoot the three.

The Knicks shot 16/24 (67%) from 3pt line in the first game, and 12/22 (55%) in the Christmas game. Thats something that doesnt hold up over time.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Knicks are 3-deep with quality starters (Anthony, Stoudemire, Billups) while the Bulls are 4 or 5-deep (Rose, Boozer, Noah, Deng, Gibson[?]).

I don't believe "star power" is going to be the thing that gives the Knicks the edge over the Bulls on the floor.

Whenever those teams play each other, the Bulls will have the best player on the court, the best low-post scorer, the 3 or 4 best rebounders, and the 4 or 5 best defenders.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really know if the Knicks got better. Chandler was playing pretty good. Good enough the Knicks wanted to sign him to an extension. Felton, I think if one of the most underrated players this year. He could have made all-star. Galo could come in and make 3's non-stop and Mozgov is nothing special but the Nuggets saw something in him and he may be a lost.

I really only know Billups and Melo of who the Nuggets recieve. Billups is up there in age but can still make basket after basket. His legs might give on him and his minutes will be lower than usual. Melo will help a ton but Amar'e was the scorer and I think his points will decrese. Because Melo is kinda a ball hog and I don't see the chemistry working for a while. But I think it will eventually. Only time will tell.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
With all the specualtion that Deron Williams or Chris Paul will be a Knick within the next year or so just makes me wanna roll my eyes. It's the old "I gotta hurry up and go sit at the popular kids table" situation with Chris Paul. As for Williams, I dunno.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I just don't see it...will be interesting to see how he plays against Rose. I don't see Billups having the career arc that a Kidd or a Nash have had. But, we will see...

I don't expect Billups to necessarily have a Nash/Stockton sort of career where you can't even tell they're in their late 30s. But I don't think Billups is the long term plan either, just like Felton he expires after next season so the Knicks only need him to stay good for another year and a half, which seems reasonable.

The Knicks are clearly hoping to get Chris Paul with the connection he has with Melo. How they force that with no cap space and no assets I don't know, but that's their plan. Billups is a pretty good fill in for them until 2012.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't expect Billups to necessarily have a Nash/Stockton sort of career where you can't even tell they're in their late 30s. But I don't think Billups is the long term plan either, just like Felton he expires after next season so the Knicks only need him to stay good for another year and a half, which seems reasonable.

The Knicks are clearly hoping to get Chris Paul with the connection he has with Melo. How they force that with no cap space and no assets I don't know, but that's their plan. Billups is a pretty good fill in for them until 2012.

Actually you may be right in your assessment. Offensively, Billups is having one of his better seasons. And in New York, offense is all that matters...

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Leave it to NY to gut their whole roster to get a guy that was gonna sign there in the offseason anyway. This deal REEKS of Isiah Thomas.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Win win for both teams. NY gets a superstar player and one of the most versatile scorers in the NBA along with a veteran PG with so much playoff experience and leadership qualities. They also got Nate Doggs twin brother.

Denver gets solid and improving players like Felton, Gallo and Chandler. They could have lost Anthony and gotten nothing. They also got rid of curry and his contract. Didn't they also get Corey brewer or was that den?

It sucks losing your core of players but it's hard to get a superstar player in today's NBA. This wasn't a trade for today deal for NY. They are a offseason or two away from now getting role players and being a legitimate contender. The only question is if amares knees will keep up

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I think both teams are really underrating Gallinari. Kids a stud and im glad he is out of the East

WearShades

Liked Posts:
I think both teams are really underrating Gallinari. Kids a stud and im glad he is out of the East

He's a decent three/stretch four who doesn't defend well (though that could just be the Knicks) and isn't as strong of a three point shooter as his reputation. He's a nice piece but no where near any reasonable description of "stud."

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Nuggets also recieve Kosta Koufos from the T'Wolves.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Leave it to BigP to overrate a euro white guy.

ChicTownBoyJohn

Liked Posts:
Antony to knicks will be interesting how well that team plays together in second half of the season.