Melo says Bulls were the "Perfect Fit"

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Despite what some fans will claim I don't believe anyone would walk away from an additional 50 million. You can't objectively blame him for that.

Some players do leave money on the table. Look at Dirk and Tim Duncan. Pau Gasol left money on the table, too. And those are all players who've already won championship(s). Some just care about extra winning more than extra money.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Jimmy/Deng didn't work last year...they take up each others space

we need a upgrade over Mike but Deng wouldn't have been the answer

besides we couldn't afford to bring in Deng+Gasol+Nikola

plus the real truth is Deng wanted a chance of scenery. he was pissed at how the spinal tap thing was handled and was offended about how Bulls didn't want him to play in the Olympics and instead get surgery on his wrist

Oh boo-frickin'-hoo they didn't want him to play in the Olympics. Considering the team invested $71 million in him, I never thought of that as a knock against the Bulls FO. They wanted to protect their investment because we were trying to win a championship still & he was playing with a torn ligament that was never going to fully heal properly without surgery.

Now the spinal tap thing is a different story. They total messed that whole situation up. However, despite all of that, I don't think the real truth is that he wanted a "change of scenery". He loved his teammates and loved his coaches and I feel like he wanted to stay. I'm glad he was traded because it opened the door for Jimmy, but it was sad to see him go.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
oh i forgot Deng was also mad we didn't give his bobble heads out until last :rolling:

no seriously, he was...he also felt there wasn't enough on him in the team store
--

@Diddy1122 i don't disagree with you but i was bringing up stuff to support my claim that he wanted to leave...a guy that interviewed him before last season said he got the impression Deng wanted out aswell

i appreciate Deng's time with the Bulls but i think the feelings were mutual: it was time to move on

now all i hope is this kings picks we got in the trade comes to fruition

but a theory for you: Kings are blatantly tanking so they don't lose the pick....thats why they fired Malone and arent in any hurry to replace him...they don't want anybody coaching them to useless wins and out of that pick

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McDermott is the upgrade over Mike. It takes time, but he'll get there.

Look at this Bulls' team versus the champion Spurs, last year:

Rose/Brooks vs. Parker/Mills
Butler/Hinrich vs. Ginobili/Belinelli
Dunleavy/McDermott vs. Leonard/Green
Pau/Mirotic vs. Splitter/Diaw
Noah/Taj vs. Duncan

Thibs vs. Pop

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Some players do leave money on the table. Look at Dirk and Tim Duncan. Pau Gasol left money on the table, too. And those are all players who've already won championship(s). Some just care about extra winning more than extra money.

Players at the end of their careers look at things differently than players in their prime. Dirk and Duncan have already made money hand over fist in their careers.

They shorted themselves to put a stronger team around them to make one last run at the title before their time is over. Same for Pau. This late in his career it's money is no longer the primary objective. It's winning.

I bet in the future Melo will do the same thing. Take less to win.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Deng was tired of being under appreciated by the Bulls, so he wanted out. It's a shame it ended the way it did, but it is benefiting both sides. Bulls are winning, Deng is making more money

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Deng was tired of being under appreciated by the Bulls, so he wanted out. It's a shame it ended the way it did, but it is benefiting both sides. Bulls are winning, Deng is making more money

no hes not
:yep:

he ended up getting the same amount per year, for less years.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
:yep:

he ended up getting the same amount per year, for less years.

only thing is Florida has no income tax which i suppose he could have meant

but technically he signed for the same amount he turned down

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
only thing is Florida has no income tax which i suppose he could have meant

but technically he signed for the same amount he turned down
I often feel like income tax is rarely a reason a player will turn down an offer from a team.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I bet Lu wishes he was a part of the current Bulls roster.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
crazy to think Rose might be the fourth best player on this Team, it is always about the $$