Melton Visting Seahawks

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
dam. i'd really rather him sign with us. I dont see why we cant offer him a 3 year deal, thats basically not guarenteed past year 2. We can still draft Donald... so our starting rotation would be Houston, Melton, Donald, Young... with Ratliff , Collins, and Paea rotating in and depth.

Did you mean Melton and Donald would rotate keeping meltons leg fresh and Ratliff and Paea would rotate?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
QUOTE=fatbeard;1276899]Didn't they have to release/let walk guys in order to have the space to sign Bennett? I doubt they'd have enough room to sign Melton on top of that. He's probably looking for at least 5-6mil per year.[/QUOTE]

They should have about 7 million in cap space

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
QUOTE=fatbeard;1276899]Didn't they have to release/let walk guys in order to have the space to sign Bennett? I doubt they'd have enough room to sign Melton on top of that. He's probably looking for at least 5-6mil per year.

They should have about 7 million in cap space

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013[/QUOTE]

Most of that remaining 7mil is going to be eaten by rookie signings and emergency buffer. They'd have to make some roster moves to land Melton.

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
We are at 8.9 currently, so I guess we could afford him if we backloaded a contract.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bennett or Avril-esque signing for the Seahawks and Melton, as others have stated. He has no reason to give the Bears a loyalty discount after failing to receive a multi-year deal and instead being franchised, which eventually led him to this point. Sucks to see him go (most likely), but it was hard seeing him wanting to come back unless the Bears wanted to pay up.

The Bears offered him a multi year deal and he turned it down. Then he missed the whole season. He chose to gamble and lost. Hopefully this time around he is smarter.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not doubting you, I just would like to know. Why are the two site so differenet?

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/
http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013
Over the cap has lower numbers So i would think they are more up to date, but what do I know ?

Numbers are always different because its all based on speculation more or less. Its not like these guys actually get to look at player contracts and run numbers through a team of accountants. They harvest contract numbers from leaks in the media just like fans and everyone else.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are looking at the wrong year for over the cap.

No im not. Did you even click on the link? Over the cap changes more then once a day, that sportrac one still has the Raiders at over 57 million

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meltong going to Dallas after Seattle.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well...if he ends up in Dallas, maybe that will discourage them from jumping ahead of us for Donald. I could live with that.