Meredith to undergo ACL replacement surgery

Liked Posts:
What is it, 1970 in here? Why would he be done because of an ACL injury? I mean, sure, there's no guarantee but he's young and these days ACL are not a career death sentence. should be good to go next year. Sucks but it's part of the game.

Because he's probably going to lose a step and he wasn't all that fast to begin with. It's not like the guy was a number 1 draft pick, someone else will come along.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cam will be back next year and he'll still be better than White. I'll take him as a solid #2 WR being an UDFA. We have White, the 7th pick in the draft and we'd need all the stars to align for him to ever become a #2 in the NFL. If he wasn't the 7th pick in the draft, Gentry and Davis would win roster spots over him.

Best wishes Cam. You'll be balling again next year.

Wow, Meredith is better than a guy that has a handful of catches in 2 years. Great display of football acumen there coach.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this was the last year of his contract it may be his last year as a Bear.

Washington

Liked Posts:
If Jaylon Smith could back with after suffering nerve damage, I don't see why Cam is automatically ruled out. It's going to be a tough, uphill battle for sure....and it's certainly not a guarantee he comes back like he was....but it's possible.

It's just an ACL. People come back from that in all sports far more often than not. AP was back long before anyone thought it was possible. Achilles and ACLs are not longer the career threat they once were. Cam will be back and good to go next year.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Wow, Meredith is better than a guy that has a handful of catches in 2 years. Great display of football acumen there coach.

Great display of reading acumen there teach. Note the "Cam will be back next year and he'll still be better than White" meaning Cam will be out a year and White will be developing a year and IMHO, Cam will still be better (as an UDFA) than White (7th pick in draft). So, your take on my sentence was wrong but that fits your acumen well lil spunky.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a lighter note, we had a guy who couldn't make a league draft last night. You guessed it, Yahoo FF auto drafted Cam M. to him.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
On a lighter note, we had a guy who couldn't make a league draft last night. You guessed it, Yahoo FF auto drafted Cam M. to him.
Yep I was in two FF drafts on Sunday night and Cam was picked in both, auto picked in one, and a guy who just did not pay attention in the other.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Only an ACL tear is pretty lucky in my opinion. Meredith will be back next year and be fully healthy. It's the lost year of development that hurts the most.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great display of reading acumen there teach. Note the "Cam will be back next year and he'll still be better than White" meaning Cam will be out a year and White will be developing a year and IMHO, Cam will still be better (as an UDFA) than White (7th pick in draft). So, your take on my sentence was wrong but that fits your acumen well lil spunky.

From the guy that believed in the Cubs curse and said they wouldn't win a WS, and a guy that posts pics of his black friends on the internet to prove he isn't racist. Anything else?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't the NFL go to rugby tackling rules? That tackle, the one that injured OBJ, both illegal in rugby.

HItting the head, illegal in rugby. People still get tackled.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only an ACL tear is pretty lucky in my opinion. Meredith will be back next year and be fully healthy. It's the lost year of development that hurts the most.

it says he has other ligament damage? or nah?

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Is it just me, or does it seem like ACL tears happen way more than they used to? Maybe it's just a factor of players playing faster than they every have before.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Is it just me, or does it seem like ACL tears happen way more than they used to? Maybe it's just a factor of players playing faster than they every have before.

Maybe they've always happened its just people wouldn't refer to it by specific medical terms like ACL

Maybe in the early days of football they'd just say something like "Yeah that boy fucked up his knee. It's fucked up real good."

napo55

Liked Posts:

It seems like there a lot more ACL tears and many happen without contact or during practice. Why?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Longer time playing football. Kids start younger, play more all together, and take way less time off. Also, guys are bigger, stronger, faster, making quicker cuts with more force on their knees. Guys are stronger and quicker to the ball causing more high impact tackles. Those factors all contribute to the higher ACL frequency.

Reactions: 1ke

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like I said. It wasn't a joke. He'll be fine. It's a ACL in 2017. Lol weirdos

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't get all the disliking of his potential return. It wasn't my imagination when I thought this board was full of squeaky wheels.