Mia asking calls on 6th pik

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He did make a mistake. But listening to him talk about why he wanted trubisky and why he didnt really consider mahomes and watson gives the "pace is a racist" camp some credibility. I personally don't think he is a racist, but just an idiot but I won't totally dismiss the racism claims as nonsense like a lot of people are.
no it doesn't

His entire scouting staff unanimously picked Trubisky as the top option in the draft.....

picking Trubisky did not come out of left field. Trying to pin this on racism is tilting at windmills....

He fucked up in his eval along with a shitload of other people.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
3 of 4 1st round picks were African American, and he traded away 2 1st rounders for another African American.

Seems like Pace is racist against white players as he drafts them so rarely..
Was alluding to his choice of QB, choosing the white guy over the two African-American fellows, not his choices at other positions.

But, this is all moot now, eh?!

Liked Posts:
I have never heard of that as a justification for drafting a bust before pace lovers started making it.

It's the way he described why he wanted him. He said he saw himself in trubisky. Grandma's toyota. Why didn't he see himself in watson and mahomes. Reports later came out that he didn't even listen to the coaches who wanted watson nor did he seriousy vet him.
Maybe he saw a bumbling naive idiot, much like Pace is.

Or maybe when he said he picked Mitch because he saw himself in him, he meant it literally, in a gay way.

There’s like a few dozen reasons you could come up with that are better than the boring old racism card.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Maybe he saw a bumbling naive idiot, much like Pace is.

Or maybe when he said he picked Mitch because he saw himself in him, he meant it literally, in a gay way.

There’s like a few dozen reasons you could come up with that are better than the boring old racism card.
That could very well be it, but I won't dismiss the racism claims. they have merit.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Claims of racism only have merit if there is any evidence supporting that conclusion.

Far too often that is the first claim people make, instead of analyzing the far more likely reasons clearly evident.

Just my 2 cents. I’m still on cloud nine that we got Fields. He’s gonna be a damn gamer.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Claims of racism only have merit if there is any evidence supporting that conclusion.

Far too often that is the first claim people make, instead of analyzing the far more likely reasons clearly evident.

Just my 2 cents. I’m still on cloud nine that we got Fields. He’s gonna be a damn gamer.
I am too. I am willing to forgive the mitch pick even if it was racially motivated, because I think pace probably learned from that mistake. I think fields is going to be great and i think pace learned that you have to do true qb eval and not a personality test.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am too. I am willing to forgive the mitch pick even if it was racially motivated, because I think pace probably learned from that mistake. I think fields is going to be great and i think pace learned that you have to do true qb eval and not a personality test.
Pace saw himself in Mitch. Look and listen to them both talk. A couple of retards.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Eh, Mitch was on top of a lot of people’s boards. He made the wrong pick. So did every GM (except KC) who didn’t take Mahomes. It happens. Shit, Lynch overpaid Garappolo and drafted CJ Beathard in the 3rd. There isn’t one shred of proof race had anything to do with it. His pick didn’t pan out. Here’s hoping Fields does.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
I have never heard of that as a justification for drafting a bust before pace lovers started making it.

I never cared for the Mitchell, but I dont consider him a bust. Not worthy of the 2nd overall pick, yeah. Laughable when compared to Mahomes/Watson, mmhmm. Lacking in certain areas, I get it. A BUST, nah. A Flop, sure.

A 29-21 QB, with a pro bowl (alternate) selection under his belt. Definitely beats Kevin White and his 24 receptions with the Bears.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I never cared for the Mitchell, but I dont consider him a bust. Not worthy of the 2nd overall pick, yeah. Laughable when compared to Mahomes/Watson, mmhmm. Lacking in certain areas, I get it. A BUST, nah. A Flop, sure.

A 29-21 QB, with a pro bowl (alternate) selection under his belt. Definitely beats Kevin White and his 24 receptions with the Bears.
He will probably go down as one the biggest busts in nfl history because who he was taken over. He is the sam bowie of the NFL.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
He will probably go down as one the biggest busts in nfl history because who he was taken over. He is the sam bowie of the NFL.

Sure I can see him being called Sam, thats fair. Still doesnt make Mitch a bust.

Cade Mcnown was a bust. Sure he wasnt taken as high as Mitch, but still.

JaMarcus Russell was a bust. Akili Smith was a bust. Ryan Leaf was a bust. etc etc etc was a bust.

Mitch was meh.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure I can see him being called Sam, thats fair. Still doesnt make Mitch a bust.

Cade Mcnown was a bust. Sure he wasnt taken as high as Mitch, but still.

JaMarcus Russell was a bust. Akili Smith was a bust. Ryan Leaf was a bust. etc etc etc was a bust.

Mitch was meh.
Still a bust but not the epic proportions of those or Rosen, Gabbert, and Locker. All top 10 picks.

But don't stop him, he's on a rant roll.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Still a bust but not the epic proportions of those or Rosen, Gabbert, and Locker. All top 10 picks.

But don't stop him, he's on a rant roll.
You were one of the biggest trubisky lovers. Ever going to admit you were wrong about him?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You were one of the biggest trubisky lovers. Ever going to admit you were wrong about him?
LOL, I don't mind discussing my position on Mitch. I've only dumped on him since the start of year 3. I give QBs a couple years to develop before giving up on them, see Josh Allen. Even before then, I said he wasn't the sharpest pencil in the box but gave him some benefit of time to develop.

Of course I as wrong about the ranking and I always give picks some benefit of doubt. At that draft I had them ranked, Mitch, Mahomes a close 2nd and then Watson. BFD. I didn't over research that year because I didn't think we were taking one at 3 and was hoping for a trade down. I did watch film on all 3 and was just happy to draft a QB. Would have been thrilled with any of the 3 but I'll root for the Bear, thank you, and regardless of skin color.

Did you start a thread about why Fields should be the 49ers selection instead of Jones or Lance? I did and guess what, I could be wrong. BFD. Difference is, I won't call the the Jags or Pats GMs racists nor continue to to give Fields the benefit of doubt after 2 years and change like fanbois or those that make Football issues into social ones for no good reason do.

Now you're just being an insincere wanker besides. This is a post of mine after the 1st game of 2019, they only became more critical after.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is by far nowhere near the biggest bust in the NFL...

Disappointment for sure, but he is a productive player....there are plenty of major busts in the NFL

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is by far nowhere near the biggest bust in the NFL...

Disappointment for sure, but he is a productive player....there are plenty of major busts in the NFL
He's irrational at this point. I mean, I made a post about how those that called Pace racist may be the ones with bias. (Racist says what?) and he raises his hand and says WHAT?

Last edited: