Michael Busch

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, ok, ok.....I know I dumped on the Dumpster Diver for trading a couple of promising young kids for this guy. But the honest truth, like most of us....I'd never heard of him. So I decided to investigate a bit. I watched an extended clip of his hitting and read up on him. He looks pretty good offensively....oodles of power, makes decent contact appears he can hit both LH and RH pitching. He has a compact swing which reminds me slightly of Schwarber. No better than average speed and I haven't seen him play D. Which brings up an oddity.....why is everyone projecting him to play 1B? He's played there less than anywhere. His primary position is 3B but the Dodgers were playing him everywhere....including the OF. While he probably won't be winning a GG anytime soon, I'd start him out at a position that he's most used to playing....3B. He could actually work out for the Cubs and I'd be more than happy to eat crow if he does.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok, ok, ok.....I know I dumped on the Dumpster Diver for trading a couple of promising young kids for this guy. But the honest truth, like most of us....I'd never heard of him. So I decided to investigate a bit. I watched an extended clip of his hitting and read up on him. He looks pretty good offensively....oodles of power, makes decent contact appears he can hit both LH and RH pitching. He has a compact swing which reminds me slightly of Schwarber. No better than average speed and I haven't seen him play D. Which brings up an oddity.....why is everyone projecting him to play 1B? He's played there less than anywhere. His primary position is 3B but the Dodgers were playing him everywhere....including the OF. While he probably won't be winning a GG anytime soon, I'd start him out at a position that he's most used to playing....3B. He could actually work out for the Cubs and I'd be more than happy to eat crow if he does.

He is listed as a 3B. Has played 2B LF and RF. 1B also. The Dodgers are full on those spots and made him expendable.

I see him as a Muncy type but the glove is not as good.

1B is the least dislike impact for him. His 3B is not at a MLB level.

The biggest glaring need is still 3B as Madgril is the starting 3B going in. (I believe that Jed maybe looking at a 1 year as Shaw is focused on 3B right now and will be doing AA/AAA like Horton/expecting both up late in the year)

But as far as prospects go he is up with the Cubs top 5.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I could see Jed making a pen deal. That is the talk right now. Then targeting a 3B rental (in a larger trade for short term hopefully)

The having PCA in Iowa and Trachman as the place holder. Shaw and Horton pushing up AA-AAA. This is where you want a filler at 3B. Mad is last stand stuff.

The team might end up being very different in Aug. PCA, Shaw and Horton on the team. We could see Wicks getting 15 starts then Horton finishes the season to lessen the work load on Wicks and to add a quality lefty to the pen.

Shaw is a pure hitter. His arm is his hick up but Mad also has that issue and that didn't stop the Cubs from going there.

So CF PCA most likely spends Apr in Iowa to polish his approach. This is what Jed did to Rizzo so I expect the same treatment. I believe Tony came up in June so could be a similar situation.

Now on the CF RH counter. I could see it being a battle of Davis and Canario. Let them battle in spring. This keeps Morel on off day and DH duty.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yum yum