Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Goldman retires, he should be on the hook for last year's unemployment checks.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If Goldman really is considering retiring it needs to happen soon. There are still a couple okay options to replace him in FA

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He’s probably a decent rotational defender , maybe we’ll get lucky with Tonga

i mean from what i read on that post, he was huge for their defense. i know its just fans but

1 Dude is an absolute beast and has been an amazing pick up for this D.

2 I absolutely love what Pennel has done for the defense and we wouldn't be here without him.

The only knock on him would be the potential that his play will make Chris Jones expendable. Jones at Aaron Donald money or Pennel on his contract? When he renews, you may get the hometown discount to stay with a contender too. That's a no brainer when you look at building a dynasty.

3 Dude has been playing like a man possessed.

4 I know there are lots of candidates, but to me, this is the biggest acquisition we made for this year.

:kanye:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike Pennel is a really good run defender and is a big physical presence.

I don’t think that Goldman is coming back. They at least have some serious doubts.

From a cap stand point this may be better in the long term.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
A 30 year old space eater.. great... wasnt he a former packer. IOwell I guess it works. they need another body if eddie is done

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t like big investments in safeties and nt so as much as I appreciate what Goldman brings to the table I don’t mind seeing him retire and letting his cap space roll over or use to extend Nichols, AR(which i don’t see happening), add oline

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Imagine gauging a NT by his tackle and sack stats….. ?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
There's zero indication that Goldman is retiring, so why are some of y'all pushing it?

Nagy's even said when asked about EG's absence the other day that he doesn't believe Goldman's 2021 chances are in doubt.

Oh wait, the armchair GMs of this message board have already traded/retired/forced him off the roster. Because screw reality...

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Goldman isn't retiring. He didn't show up for voluntary workouts. Big deal. He's clearly out of shape so it made more sense to show up at the end of July ready to go instead of showing up now and making it look even worse.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's zero indication that Goldman is retiring, so why are some of y'all pushing it?

Nagy's even said when asked about EG's absence the other day that he doesn't believe Goldman's 2021 chances are in doubt.

Oh wait, the armchair GMs of this message board have already traded/retired/forced him off the roster. Because screw reality...
He also expected him at the mini camp, so maybe instead of believing what a couple fo third parties say we just judge Goldman on his actions?

If someone takes a leave of absence from work and then doesn’t show up for their start date… I think it is fair to question whether they are coming back.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goldman isn't retiring. He didn't show up for voluntary workouts. Big deal. He's clearly out of shape so it made more sense to show up at the end of July ready to go instead of showing up now and making it look even worse.
He didn’t show up for mandatory mini camp.

No one cares if he is out of shape in June.

It cost him 200k to not show up. Why would anyone give up 200k because they are embarrassed to take their shirt off at the pool?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike Pennel will make 1/10th of what Goldman does and is not 1/10th the player/run defender.

This could be a value move for the Bears, as weird as that sounds