Milk carton - Henry Melton

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, he better step it up if he wants Geno Atkins money. Otherwise, most likely end up in Dallas as a free agent.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, he better step it up if he wants Geno Atkins money. Otherwise, most likely end up in Dallas as a free agent.

That's just it, he's playing for a contract here. Step it up Henry and show us you are that stud we need. If not, you'll be heading elsewhere next year.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a lot of footbaw left. We're only halfway through the first quarter.

I think we all know this ..... but do you see the pass rush getting better out of the blue? It's not as if we've faced elite offensive lines so far. It is concerning going forward, despite some decent performances overall from the D.

Nick80

I'm beginning to wonder if it might not be Tucker's scheme. We all now how the last scheme was dependent on QB pressure and penetration. I'm just wondering if this scheme is more dependent on the DL taking up blockers allowing the LB to more of a force in the running game. But it still doesn't explain the non-existent pass rushing. The DL seems like night and day compared to last year.

Spot on in my book.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes that's a good point and a possibility, especially vs AP and the Viks. It will be interesting going forward to see if this is a trend or not.

The way the DL has been playing reminds me a lot of when Blache and Jaruon where here.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed he has dissapeared. And I think that the biggest single cause of the decline in the pass rush.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think we all know this ..... but do you see the pass rush getting better out of the blue? It's not as if we've faced elite offensive lines so far. It is concerning going forward, despite some decent performances overall from the D.

Actually they've played offenses that protected quite well last year... But Minnesota should of been attacked better.

Its a but odd people are concerned to me... Paea, Woot and Shea have got good jumps and pressure in some decent jumps but its not effective enough. The two bug struggles are those who missed most Preseason and much lg camp in Pep and Melton.

I'm still curious why several people seem to think players out of game shape are likely to perform in regular form.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
If they both play like this the rest of the season then we should cut them and use the 20+ million on FAs

... and as we're finding out, with an extra $20 mil, Emery would be able to sign 18 veteran FA's that can play, to bring into camp.

emeryphil.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You guys are confused. Melton wants to sign a long term deal with the Bears but he also wants to be paid what he is worth. Thus, the only logical solution is for him to play like shit so he can be signed to a 5 year 7 million contract.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
You guys are confused. Melton wants to sign a long term deal with the Bears but he also wants to be paid what he is worth. Thus, the only logical solution is for him to play like shit so he can be signed to a 5 year 7 million contract.

Fuck that, don't want him if he keeps being Mr. Invisible.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With exception of one run, they did a great job of stopping Peterson. Choosing between him or going after Ponder, I'm not worried about them concentrating on stopping the run this game.
Sure they did fairly well stopping the run, but are you telling me they don't pin their ears back on 3rd and long anymore? I don't believe that and hopefully we see an improvement in pass rush going forward.

That's what I was trying to point out/talk about.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spot on in my book.

This could be accurate. On the other hand, in obvious passing situations they still aren't getting a consistent "push". Considering that they are paying Peppers and Melton a ton of money and last year's first round pick DE isn't starting there is cause for concern. Not panic but to be concerned.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
This could be accurate. On the other hand, in obvious passing situations they still aren't getting a consistent "push". Considering that they are paying Peppers and Melton a ton of money and last year's first round pick DE isn't starting there is cause for concern. Not panic but to be concerned.

Funny you said that because Shea got his first start in the game.

I agree its cause for some concern but I think because there's a simple reason why Melton/Peppers have struggled there's little reason to have the concern I've heard on the radio or around.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Aqbased

Liked Posts:
You guys are such worry warts.

Let's complain about anything possible.