Mini-Series Thread: St. Louis Cardinals @ Chicago Cubs May 7-8

Cubs win...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, Wood has been great, no doubt, but I hope people temper expectations. For the past two years he has had a ridiculously low BABIP. I do like that lately he has been controlling his walks more because he was averaging 3 1/2 per 9 and that was eventually going to get him in a lot of trouble. Also, Wood is a fly ball pitcher. When it warms up more, some of these balls are going to be leaving the park. He does look like a much better pitcher than last year, but I dont want people to all of the sudden think he is anything more than a 4 or 5 in a rotation. Maybe, if he keeps performing, we can get more excited about him being higher in the rotation. I just want to see his numbers level out and then see where he is. It has also helped him that the average game temp he was pitching was like mid 30's. It was keeping balls in the park. I hope he continues to be good because the Cubs need a leftie in that rotation.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Right now he has been the most constant starter in the rotation. 7 quality starts in a row to start the season has not been done sense Prior in 2003. That includes Dempster, Zambrano etc.

Now the cold air and him being a flyball pitchers is a legit concern. We will see how it plays out.

The thing I like about Wood is he attacks the inside of the plate.

Little article I found on Eric Jokisch:
http://www.milb.com/news/article.js...id=44635866&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t553&sid=t553

He gets into how college ball makes pitchers tend to pitch on the outer half due to the metal bats to get them to hit the otherway. His biggest adjustment was pitching inside and getting the ball down.

Wood on the other hand is a inside pitcher and uses his cutter in on RH hitters. Reminds me of Terry Muholland and how he used to cut in on RH.

He is at best a #3. Could be better if he can up his GO%.

Feldman seems to be having success with a cutter/2 seam style with a big hook.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Villanueva sucks now, man! He can't keep this lead we keep trying to give him. Lucky to get out of that one only giving up one.

patg006

Liked Posts:
As someone said on the CBS board last year, relievers are a dime a dozen. I guess not.

Are you out there Rich? Sorry guys, inside joke. :rolling:

Oh god I remember Boyd blasting him for this. Nice ab workout of laughing for the day...

Speaking of which KB, I see you got a stalker.....Rich? Bearz? John Clay? Jeff? DJ? Wriggs? Or Martini on a bored day?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh god I remember Boyd blasting him for this. Nice ab workout of laughing for the day...

Speaking of which KB, I see you got a stalker.....Rich? Bearz? John Clay? Jeff? DJ? Wriggs? Or Martini on a bored day?

You guys must really love each other to want to go to the trouble to stalk <3

Who wants to make the weekend series thread? This one's winding down depending on if James Russell decides to shit the bed.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh...the hell with that call.

I guess I can sort of see what's going on with that call, but damn, man.

patg006

Liked Posts:
You guys must really love each other to want to go to the trouble to stalk <3

Who wants to make the weekend series thread? This one's winding down depending on if James Russell decides to shit the bed.

CBS was a very, very interesting board/dysfunctional family.....

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Blowpen let's us down again. Blowden needs to go as well. Russell's first ER of the year. HATE CARDINALS!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team's ability to GIDP is what is killing this team yet again. They are really amazing at it the past two seasons.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
This team's ability to GIDP is what is killing this team yet again. They are really amazing at it the past two seasons.

You're favorite play! How many did we have today? Like six? haha Seems like every time we had a runner we did.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone make new thread, this one's going DOWN :woot:

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
OK, so it was only 4. On the other side though, our D doubled 4 times as well.