Minnesota (0-1-1, 1pts) @ Chicago (3-0-1, 7pts) GDT

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ima miss this game as I will be at the MNF game....

In my stead I will leave Tater to fill the void.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ima miss this game as I will be at the MNF game....

In my stead I will leave Tater to fill the void.

iu

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Playing the new leafs and the habs back-to-back, on the road, should be a good early test for the Hawks.

Any news on Schmaltzie?
EDIT: out till 10/12.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm just hoping for a match that Air Canada Center cannot contain. This one should be good...

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Burn in hell ya stupid fuckin Leaves!
Raaawwwrrr!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tough game gents.

Sad to see a collapse of a hard earned game.

Debricat is barely hangin on. He got leveled in this one too.
Hartman/Hayden/Smaltz/Forsling/Kempny all taking steps and Rutta offense/ Fronson for Rozy make us freaking nasty.
Sharp in this form together with Saad forechecking over Panarin does wash out Hossa/Panarin loss, imo, while upgrading playoff style. If that is truly a wash, AA/Kane/Toews/Panik should all be about the same, and that is alot of improvement from within, probably an upgrade or another wash with Wingels/Bouma over TooToo/Rasmusen.

Hino/Debricat/Hayden/Bouma then Kero/Smaltz/Wingels/AA/Kampf looks like it makes this a versatile, flavor full team with all kinds of match-up potential for all situations. Q is gonna love this team and all its interchanging parts and movement options.

D is the key. And clearly Darling>Forsberg

I was hoping for a 22 game point streak after viewing our early form, but I will settle for a playoff birth.

See you after the season.

If Debricat/Fortin can be somebody in this league in the near future, we would be dynastically out of control immediately again for 3 years and have re-stocked a joke load of ammo to toy with the league again.

I hope Bowman learned his lesson and will deal from strength always stock piling for future unless emergency or sure thing. No more massive risks for Fleshman/Weiss level guys to push up the third line when we have equivalent guys of our own.

Duchene for that price? Ok. The attempt for Ladd? fine with that quality of addition in a cup year. Danult loss fracked the last 2 years up bad. Then I think the two way intelligence of Teuvo was pretty big, but Sharps return should soften that now.

I was hoping Debricat/Sharp could be better, lets hope it breaks out in first 10 games. Right now I don't think Debricat see's game #11 but he certainly has shown he has the talent level potential to contribute to the blackhawks at the bare minimum in a super hino role against certain matchups.

But imo, that third line got abused by Mathews alot.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My takeaways:

Forsberg looked more than decent...in fact I haven't felt this good about goaltending since 2013. Sure he let in 4 but he had no help out there after the 1st.

I like what I see from Rutta.

Saad *was* the PK.

Panik so far looks like he's earning his paycheck.

Seabs looked old and slow.

Keith either needs a cattle prod suppository or a slow, sheet lighting enema for how many times he shot into the opponents shins in one sequence, in 3-3 OT where he had options.

Kane looked old and slow--even taking into consideration he had no Schmlatz.

Toews looked okay but needs to stop doing whatever he's doing to get kicked out of the dot--or grow Crosby's DSL's to convince the refs to let him stay in the circle.

We had no business getting a point, yet we did.

Good lesson game for us. Maybe this will give the boys some humility...onward to Montreal.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
between those zebras and the ones at the bear games, man, it was a tough night. Fucking playoff face off police. That just made it an ugly game. Hawks want to play with pace all the time and minute long faceoffs and kicking out centerman just kill the buzz. NHL wants to keep the excitement, shorten the games with the OT rules, but they allow an extra half hour for fucking face offs.

Saw Kero get a shot with Kane and Hartman when ANisimov was just plain slow and methodical. Wingels gets some nice hits, but should not be playing center. Really surprised no Kampf yet, maybe on this back to back.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The CAT broke his cherry in the first period. Nice:)

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The CAT broke his cherry in the first period. Nice:)

Nice assist on the PP, too.

He's set up other players 4 or 5 times now in the first three games. Nice to see a Hawk bury one of his passes.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice assist on the PP, too.

He's set up other players 4 or 5 times now in the first three games. Nice to see a Hawk bury one of his passes.

Yep. I like the guy. I also wish that we could get my guy, Shaw, back:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice win tonight. Crawford was awesome in the net! He weathered the Montreal storm in the first period and kept them in the game. I also liked the job that the defensemen did as a group in this game.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, the Habs are gonna regret that Price contract. Crazy.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Nice win tonight. Crawford was awesome in the net! He weathered the Montreal storm in the first period and kept them in the game. I also liked the job that the defensemen did as a group in this game.

Crow kills in Montreal, just like he usually kills with Niemi in the other net. Forsling was really incredible this game, glad Franson got in the mix as well. I guess personally I would like to see more healthy scratches playing in back to backs. Kero was also strong defensively. I wish they would leave him on the fourth line though. Now they are even pushing him up to the second. Haydon is by himself on that fourth line. Bouma and Wingels just dont seem to have any puck possession skills and Haydon skates around with it on a string sometimes.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I changed the title for the toronto game they lose, I leave it for MTL they win.... I'm so conflicted.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crow kills in Montreal, just like he usually kills with Niemi in the other net. Forsling was really incredible this game, glad Franson got in the mix as well. I guess personally I would like to see more healthy scratches playing in back to backs. Kero was also strong defensively. I wish they would leave him on the fourth line though. Now they are even pushing him up to the second. Haydon is by himself on that fourth line. Bouma and Wingels just dont seem to have any puck possession skills and Haydon skates around with it on a string sometimes.

I would like to see Hayden paired in the future at all times with a Kane/El Gato/Hino line science = nintendo

Like...how would Hino-Kampf-Hayden look?

I'm curious who will be the right center for Debricat-Sharp....I actually think it might be AA since neither of them are net front guys and he could help Sharp defend.

Kampf-Kero-Wingels looks to be a season long battle if AA can stay healthy which is doubtful. Something weird happened between AA and this team, or with Panarin involved, who knows. The chemistry and teammate reactions to AA scoring didn't seem heart felt or supportive of a guy who looks like he got mind and body broke overnight when Suppan axed out his knee.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice GDT, it almost seems brand new.