aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Its about cost. If Gardner Minshew comes in and succeeds then the Bears only have two cheap years left. Kyle Trask, Kellen Mond and Davis Mills (presuming they are taken in the second) all have four years of control.

Erm, disagree. If Minshew comes in and lights it up, only two years of cheap control is a good problem to have. Even if he walks for a better offer after that, at least it would show that with a decent QB our offense doesn't stink like three day old fish on a hot sidewalk.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Pac-12 is kind of a joke.
You just seem to hate the conference. There are probably close to 20 Pac 12 quarterbacks in the NFL currently if you include practice squads. Rogers, Foles, Goff, Minshew off the top of my head.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Without a great OL they will all suck. Build the OL, and the QB will come.

if pressed, and we just can’t wait, then Minshew.
True, but don't forget WR. With only one accomplished receiver (who may be a free agent next year) and an undersized, but promising second year player, this is one of the worst WR groups in the NFL.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Whats wrong with:

Dalton qb1 2021
Minshew for late pick as qb2 2021 them qb1/2 2022
Foles traded
Mond/Mills in round 2 as qb3 in 2021 qb1/2 in 2022

And if nothing mpresses in 2021 then get another rookie in the 2022 draft with a high 1st round pick while dumping Dalton (assuming he's blah to sucking in 2021)

Its not exciting; but gives pace multiple shots over the next 13 months without totally mortgaging the future

Thecoach575

Liked Posts:
I would go Mond with the 3rd if he is there and if not trade our 5th for Minshew Draft night.
Mond at least would be a running threat and he had some great tape against top SEC teams and was usually the underdog. He broke records at A&M (Broke all of Johnny Footballs) and I'll take experience and not give up the teams future for an untested QB in the top 10.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Minshew Trask, Mond or Mills.

Which one is the best fit for our OL?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think if that were the case Minshew would already be traded. My purely uniformed guess is they're holding out for a team to get desperate and offer up a second or third plus another pick.

That’s some funny shit! They’d be lucky to get a 5th.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Stanford is a small school? And in the PAC 12

LOl, right?

I watch most Stanford games and attend 3-4 home games each season (pre-Covid, duh).

Conclusion: David Mills is not an NFL QB, period.

Disclaimer: while I shouted louder than anyone for the Bears to draft Mahomes and earned mass cred, I also shouted loudest for Cade McNown. So, I too do not have any fucking clue how to forecast NFL QBs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Whats wrong with:

Dalton qb1 2021
Minshew for late pick as qb2 2021 them qb1/2 2022
Foles traded
Mond/Mills in round 2 as qb3 in 2021 qb1/2 in 2022

And if nothing mpresses in 2021 then get another rookie in the 2022 draft with a high 1st round pick while dumping Dalton (assuming he's blah to sucking in 2021)

Its not exciting; but gives pace multiple shots over the next 13 months without totally mortgaging the future
You can't add their skills together and build a top QB. Quantity over quality gets you nowhere.

Minshew, Dalton and Mond on the roster? So....three guys who might be decent backups? What good does that do? It leaves you paying too much and not getting top QB play.

You think after signing a QB for ten million, they will trade for a QB who is not an upgrade and draft another who is not an upgrade? (And, no, I don't think much of Dalton)

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
They need to just bite the bullet and pay the price to get Fields if Jones or Lance goes 3 to San Fran.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So there are people who want to give away a draft pick to a team for a quarterback that they don't even want as their back up ? And they want him to be the starter?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So there are people who want to give away a draft pick to a team for a quarterback that they don't even want as their back up ? And they want him to be the starter?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

You misunderstand. I don't think anyone WANTS this. I'm just saying I could see Pace wanting it. There's a difference.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A second or third plus another pick for Minshew... Ok...

Not sure why this is so hard for you? The 49ers just gave up THREE first round picks for a chance to draft a college player. A player that has a legit 50% chance of busting. Look at what Darnold was traded for.... and he can't even complete over 60% of his passes. Minshew has at least proven he can play in this league. But you for some reason think a team is just going to let him go for nothing? You and I follow different NFL's apparantly.