Mitch Trubisky fans may want to look away

Liked Posts:
Not getting trolled. Just arguing points that aren’t being made. The Bears offense sucked. I just don’t blame one position for that.

Nagonator

STH
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It’s not nitpicking. When you can’t put pressure on a QB or create turnovers in a passing league you’re going to give up drives when teams take risks.
Watch out, these aren’t your average fans, they are the above casual fans you know. They care about 1995 as much as 1963...dontcha know bruh

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Crap a ND fan? I can’t compete with him.... No wonder, that explains it all!
Lol....so you are saying you are better than him because he is a fan of Norte Dame. Wow, who are you a fan of might I ask?

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
people must get a ton of clicks for posting about how another Bears QB isn't good enough I think its just a narrative they love to milk.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t buy that the Titans, with 3 first round picks starting on their line I believe, had a bad offensive line at any point, whether Mariota was the QB or Tannehill.

We are assuming their line was struggling because Mariota took sacks.

The difference for the Bears is that our offensive line is unquestionably awful. Hell, look at their PFF ratings if you don’t believe the eye test. Kyle Long was maybe the worst graded offensive lineman in the league this year and he played 250 snaps or something.

There is in fact a difference between Mariota playing poorly behind a good line and Trubisky playing poorly behind a near league worst line.

Whether you “buy” it or not, the fact remains that the Titans offensive line was a complete catastrophe during the first 6 weeks of the season. What’s worse, most of the pressure was immediate and up the middle, the worst place possible for a QB. Your initial comment on the Titans was uninformed.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
Whether you “buy” it or not, the fact remains that the Titans offensive line was a complete catastrophe during the first 6 weeks of the season. What’s worse, most of the pressure was immediate and up the middle, the worst place possible for a QB. Your initial comment on the Titans was uninformed.

Nope.

The Titans had 4 starters in 2019 who had a higher PFF rating than the highest rated Bears' offensive line member in 2019.

So you are kind of making the claim that a line that was a "catastrophe" ended up with 4 players who were significantly better than the single best player on the line for the Bears. Then you must also agree that the Bears line was a complete and utter joke that was so putrid that no QB could be expected to play well behind it.

Liked Posts:
Taylor Lewan - PFF 73.4
Rodgers Saffold - PFF 70.6
Ben Jones - PFF 77.2
Jack Conklin - PFF 78.0

I don't know what their ratings were after 6 weeks, but I'm going to pretty much guarantee they were rated higher than the bums the Bears were running out there all year.

Ted Larsen - 55.4
Kyle Long - 38.0
Rashaad Coward - 51.5
Charles Leno Jr. - 58.6

Could go on and on really. This is what a "catastrophe" looks like. Trubisky played behind it in 2019.

Liked Posts:
the same Mitch who sat on the bench for 2 seasons behind Marquise Williams...got it

What a stupid argument. Who did Tom Brady sit behind at Michigan? Look it up I guess, I’m sure that means he should have been sitting? Guess the Bengals shouldn’t draft Joe Burrow using identical logic.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Of course difference being Brady a 6th round pick vs Mitch #2 overall

Ooops

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Based on a report done on social media...

Oh the offseason.

Were you unaware that sports journalists do opining as well and their opinions are often as nonsensical - sometimes more nonsensical - than fans on social media?

Press credentials from an established media entity does not make their opinions higher quality than anyone who says the obvious: the Trubisky pick was a mistake and it takes strength and courage to admit it.

I get giving OP a hard time for posting an item from the "No shit Sherlock" bin but to decry it for not having "media bona fides" is kind of bizarre.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Just not sure what people are seeing in Winston. Guy has one of the highest INT rates in the league, has never had a QBR season higher than 92.

I would do backflips if Winston came here. I am under no illusions about his INT percentage or passer rating (no one is that dumb, come on, man)

He actually makes big plays for better or worse. I wouldn't fall asleep watching him and I'll bet anything that he never has first halfs that look like he has no idea how to rack passing yards in any way.

It's not bold to say he would throw more than 9 passing yards vs. the Eagles, but not only would teams have to respect his deep ball (unlike Mitch) but he would throw it all over the field and open up Nagy's playbook.

I would be happy with 30 TDs and 5000 yards and get into shootouts because we could

1) score points (and turnovers sure)
2) rely on our strength which is the defense to step up in crucial areas when we are up 28 - 24 and Pagano can gameplan for 2-3 money drivekillers to up our wins!

Winston isn't stupid. INTs are bad but not as bad as whatever the fuck Mitch did last year. He was so anemic it was historic. His lack of INTs (in HIS case) was not a triumph but a symptom of how "not ready for primetime" he is. Not just inexperience but also fear of making mistakes.

It's why I don't believe he will ever be a starter.