Mitch Trubisky was a rip your heart out guy ...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess ill ask, can you tag the posters who were about Wilson?
Can't recall anyone who thought we had a chance at him. The 1st 2 picks were foregone conclusions almost a month before the draft. I'm still amazed Fields became reachable.

I listened to a 49ers Podcast from draft day yesterday and most of those on the panel would also have preferred Fields

And plenty of us wanted Fields.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Guess ill ask, can you tag the posters who were about Wilson?

He's full of shit per usual. People were about Wilson because it looked like he might be the one available to the Bears prior to him shooting up the draft board. I don't remember seeing posts championing for Wilson over Fields.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's full of shit per usual. People were about Wilson because it looked like he might be the one available to the Bears prior to him shooting up the draft board. I don't remember seeing posts championing for Wilson over Fields.

Nobody:

Halftime: I'm RIGHT AGAIN

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Mitch ripped out the heart of many CCSers . So its true

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The standard for Fields will be how he performs vs Green Bay.

Green Bay Defenses have wtf owned recent Bear Quarterbacks <Trubisky, Cutler>. These guys saved their career worst games just for GB.

GB has used the same blueprint against the bears since culter first got here

On Offense, just take it easy. Dink and dunk and hit crossers. Chances are, they will only have to score around 14 points. Wait until the last 6 minutes to really push the ball downfield if necessary

On Defense, run basic coverages out of exotic looks. Throw one or two random underneath zones into every play. That will be enough to freeze Chi QB's. Then just wait for mistakes.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm really starting to resent ESPN and all sports media. It's just endless repetitive blather. Shitting on Mitch and anointing Fields before he's played a single snap feels too much like counting your chickens before they hatch. But these fools would all be out of a job if they didn't have stuff like this to throw darts at. Honestly, that's fine with me.
Media exists to sell itself.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm really starting to resent ESPN and all sports media. It's just endless repetitive blather. Shitting on Mitch and anointing Fields before he's played a single snap feels too much like counting your chickens before they hatch. But these fools would all be out of a job if they didn't have stuff like this to throw darts at. Honestly, that's fine with me.
I'm not a fan of ESPN anymore because I've grown past lowest common denominator sports talk but in the worlds defense of their coverage of Mitch and Fields, what do you expect? One QB was very inexperienced, didn't win anything and played for a second rate program. The other is experienced, played for a great program and has championship experience.

Just look at fan reception of the two picks. People love to mention how Mitch was the consensus top QB, yet many people hated the pick. Fields ended up the 4th QB off the board and 99% of Bears fans and pundits love the pick. One QB is clearly a superior prospect who merited high draft status. The other didn't.

Honestly, if everyone based their sports coverage off of "anything can happen", then there literally is no point in watching or listening anymore. I'm not sure what you expect from your sports coverage if it irritates you that they're stating some obvious things.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of ESPN anymore because I've grown past lowest common denominator sports talk but in the worlds defense of their coverage of Mitch and Fields, what do you expect? One QB was very inexperienced, didn't win anything and played for a second rate program. The other is experienced, played for a great program and has championship experience.

Just look at fan reception of the two picks. People love to mention how Mitch was the consensus top QB, yet many people hated the pick. Fields ended up the 4th QB off the board and 99% of Bears fans and pundits love the pick. One QB is clearly a superior prospect who merited high draft status. The other didn't.

Honestly, if everyone based their sports coverage off of "anything can happen", then there literally is no point in watching or listening anymore. I'm not sure what you expect from your sports coverage if it irritates you that they're stating some obvious things.

Well I like sports coverage that has actual analysis; like TTNL or Baldinger's or Matt Bowen's stuff. That stuff takes actual effort. The talking heads on ESPN are like the opposite of that. They barely do any research, their analysis is narrative-based and surface level, and half of them (like Stephen Smith) don't even watch the games

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shitting on Mitch is okay. He was terrible.

We are getting dangerously close to over eating Fields.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well I like sports coverage that has actual analysis; like TTNL or Baldinger's or Matt Bowen's stuff. That stuff takes actual effort. The talking heads on ESPN are like the opposite of that. They barely do any research, their analysis is narrative-based and surface level, and half of them (like Stephen Smith) don't even watch the games
That's fair. Not a fan of TTNL but i'll listen to anything Bowen has to say. But sports coverage can't be 24/7 Xs and Os. People want the news. They want to hear projections and predictions. Especially this time of year. But yeah thats why i don't like ESPN or FS1. That's why i like listening to the local radio shows because they're informed about the team and they give you a mix of analytics and hot takes.

But here's where im confused. You specifically mentioned how they shit on Mitch and anoint Fields but doesn't real analysis back this up?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Shitting on Mitch is okay. He was terrible.

We are getting dangerously close to over eating Fields.
Have you taken a look at the stands in Soldier Field? Over-eating is what we do best.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
That's fair. Not a fan of TTNL but i'll listen to anything Bowen has to say. But sports coverage can't be 24/7 Xs and Os. People want the news. They want to hear projections and predictions. Especially this time of year. But yeah thats why i don't like ESPN or FS1. That's why i like listening to the local radio shows because they're informed about the team and they give you a mix of analytics and hot takes.

But here's where im confused. You specifically mentioned how they shit on Mitch and anoint Fields but doesn't real analysis back this up?

I think it's just conjecture at this point since we have an NFL sample size for only one of them. But I understand that they need something to talk about.