Mitch's Accuracy?

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
Ive seen a few threads about his accuracy.

Speculating here, but I think it isn't Accuracy but rather anticipating the open receivers and throwing the ball. I think that is more his issue at this current time. I don't think he is anticipating the open receivers and may be on the wrong page as far as where they are going etc.

I do think he has some accuracy issues though, but more the above. I really would prefer to see some of those throws over the shoulder rather than bullets as well.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
That has a lot to do with it, not feeling totally comfortable with the playbook yet

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Nagy commented that he was going to check how fast he was getting through his progressions and wanted to see if he was up to speed.

Obviously if you are late in your progression you are either rushing a pass off or throwing into coverage because you are late... either way it has to be fixed

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When does the roast end for a learning QB that had a decent game last Monday?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
When does the roast end for a learning QB that had a decent game last Monday?

This thread isn't a roasting. It is looking at the real reason behind Trubs accuracy issues that he didn't seem to have last year.

He is 2 games into learning a nfl offense...

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His accuracy isn't as advertised. I've been saying it since last year. Nagy is a "QB whisperer," it should have been resolved in the offseason.

It's getting to the point where if it is a correctable issue. It should be resolved. Might be a career long issue.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
No one is roasting Mitch. We want him to play better and show progress. It isn't happening quickly, and it has some concerned it may never happen at all. You know, things aren't real until they happen. Potential doesn't mean jack until it manifest itself into real action. Why is that so hard for some to understand? Didn't we do enough of this with Cutler for years? I'm not going down that rabbit hole again.

He's green, the offense is new, blah blah (all valid points, but excuses in their own right). The kid needs to show more progress for me to have faith in him.

I said before the season I was willing to give him this season to get it together before I threw my hands up. Not throwing in the towel yet, but not super happy with what I've seen either.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I know he could have played better, but he missed 9 passes out of 34, the tipped interception cant go on him. Long was starting to hobble on the ankle but did not come out. I cant wait til we see Whitehair at guard.

I do not understand the play calling with Gabriel and these runs or screens. I think it shows his route running is not so good and he cant get open. Its a lot bigger picture.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
His accuracy isn't as advertised. I've been saying it since last year. Nagy is a "QB whisperer," it should have been resolved in the offseason.

It's getting to the point where if it is a correctable issue. It should be resolved. Might be a career long issue.

It takes an offseason and two whole weeks to correct issues centered around the hardest position in pro sports? Just two weeks? Keep banging that clueless negative drum, you're doing great!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Should have been fixed in the offseason based on what? The best QBs in the NFL still have to rep technique and footwork.

Most of the passes he throws are accurate. Some of them at a freakshow level [Cohen, Miller TD, Miller dropped TD], his technique breaks down when he air mails passes. His feet get out of sync with his upper body, which is pretty common with most QBs.

They will get the big misses sorted our through practice.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was throwing to locations last year.......

There is some of it this year as well.

People are completely underestimating what it takes to work on a new offense with new plays getting introduced week to week. Anyone making a final judgement now simply doesn't understand NFL football.

His body of work is still being formed.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I remember he was deadly accurate during the preseason last year, and also in his very first game vs the Vikings. I really haven't seen that level of consistent accuracy since. He's still accurate here and there, but then he's totally off like in that miss to wide open Burton and AR in endzone. I hope Nagy figures it out soon because the Bears have a legit chance at the playoffs this year with that defense if MT can bring up his level.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It takes an offseason and two whole weeks to correct issues centered around the hardest position in pro sports? Just two weeks? Keep banging that clueless negative drum, you're doing great!

You "experts" said the same thing about Cutler and his INT issues...for 8 years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You "experts" said the same thing about Cutler and his INT issues...for 8 years.

If people are saying the same thing in 8 years about Mitch than we have an issue.

8 years vs 2 games.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember he was deadly accurate during the preseason last year, and also in his very first game vs the Vikings. I really haven't seen that level of consistent accuracy since. He's still accurate here and there, but then he's totally off like in that miss to wide open Burton and AR in endzone. I hope Nagy figures it out soon because the Bears have a legit chance at the playoffs this year with that defense if MT can bring up his level.

His accuracy in preseason last year was primarily in pure man coverage and designed rollouts.....That is shit that does not go on consistently in the NFL. Young QBs need to read zone coverage and disguised zones.....that is the difficult part.

Last year teams were stacking the box; not so this year. In the second half, the Seahawks were denying the mid to deep field, that is why all the short passes in the second half. That is why you saw a lot of short hook routes.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nagy is really making him uncomfortable. He broke his technique down and Mitch is really focusing on it more rather than just slinging the ball around. This is not going to look good short term, but will pay dividends once Mitch gets in the playoffs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I fail to see the comparison.....has Mitch been doing this for 8 years that I wasn't aware of?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is 69.6% inaccurate?

What about Rodger's 69.4% this year? Accurate or inaccurate?
The best year he had was 71.4%. Every other year is less accurate than Trubisky this year. If one season 11 years ago at 1.8% better is carrying over for him why don't all the other years at less accurate percentages? Like his 40% year? Rodgers has only had one year better than 69.6%.

Trubisky's accuracy seems fine. Bear fan accuracy at assessing young QBs is what seems to be questionable.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I fail to see the comparison.....has Mitch been doing this for 8 years that I wasn't aware of?

I'm not saying he won't or can't get better...but we should know this year.